Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Best shipping method for moving my stuff back to US  (Read 2236 times)

• Liked: 2
Best shipping method for moving my stuff back to US
« on: August 03, 2017, 02:02:55 PM »
Hi everyone. I moved to the UK to get married and I've lived here for five years. Our marriage ended over a year ago and I'm moving back to the States. I am wondering what the best way to ship all my stuff home would be. I don't have TONS of stuff (I have a double bedroom worth of things), so buying a bunch of boxes and, one by one, walking them to the post office to ship via Royal Mail would be a major headache and a lot of effort.

I find international shipping confusing, it's hard to get anywhere with UPS or FedEx because they always want to give you a quote based on the weight of packages. I have no clue how much all my stuff weighs. But I know UPS says on their website that they can arrange pickup from your house, which would be really good. I don't know if that's available in the UK though or just the US.

If anyone has done this already, and has some advice for which company/method to use to ship all my stuff back to Utah, it'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

• Liked: 60
Re: Best shipping method for moving my stuff back to US
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:06:08 PM »
I think UPS and FedEx would be more like Royal Mail - they're not designed to ship large loads, just individual things.

I don't have any experience with going from the UK to the US, but I understand Britannia and Pickfords are both reliable moving companies, along the lines of Allied or United back home.

I'd suggest you reach out to one of the moving companies here to get a feel for what they recommend you do.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab