Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Computer.  (Read 25272 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Computer.
« Reply #120 on: January 15, 2018, 11:34:04 AM »
You would think, right? I wasn’t even upset at first when I saw the damage because I though, great, now they will HAVE to give me a new one. But like I said, although they admitted the damage, I didn’t get so much as a “we’re sorry” without having to ask for it!

This page looks promising.

https://www.apple.com/uk/contact/

« Reply #121 on: January 15, 2018, 11:35:10 AM »
I had a similar experience as KFDANCER with an IPad that stopped working. They gave me a new one, no questions or receipt needed.

So it’s me then.  :\\\'(

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2018, 12:50:55 PM »
No way!  I'm sure you didn't do anything to deserve that.  Maybe they had a lot of old ipads laying around they needed to get rid of. 

• Liked: 958
« Reply #123 on: January 15, 2018, 12:59:03 PM »
It sounds like it's that particular shop honestly. Want to bet they have a lot of items damaged in their care and just hope people don't notice? I have a feeling their manager is afraid for their job and that's why you got the treatment you did. Apple's system for logging property is robust, down to the replacement parts installed by certified techs, so they will know when something is awry if the procedures are being followed. Everyone else I know has been given replacements whenever it was appropriate for the damage and still under warranty or recall. Sorry you've had such a rough time with this!

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

« Reply #124 on: January 15, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »
I called to lodge a complaint and was told to wait for a call from the management at the store in the next few days.
I got the call within the hour. To cut a very long coverstation short, he is refusing to replace my computer.
I asked how often damage occurs when in their care and he said that it never happens. So I asked him if he thought that in this one case, from a customer service/customer relations standpoint, he was doing the right thing. He seemed to think he was.

I did also tell him that I believed that if I had been a businessman in a good suit with a nice watch, that I would be sitting here with my new laptop already. He seemed to think this would not be the case...apparently all their customers are treated the same.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #125 on: January 15, 2018, 07:46:19 PM »
I called to lodge a complaint and was told to wait for a call from the management at the store in the next few days.
I got the call within the hour. To cut a very long coverstation short, he is refusing to replace my computer.
I asked how often damage occurs when in their care and he said that it never happens. So I asked him if he thought that in this one case, from a customer service/customer relations standpoint, he was doing the right thing. He seemed to think he was.

I did also tell him that I believed that if I had been a businessman in a good suit with a nice watch, that I would be sitting here with my new laptop already. He seemed to think this would not be the case...apparently all their customers are treated the same.

Bullshit.

« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2018, 07:48:26 PM »
Okay, the Facebook page doesn't seem to be getting answers.  I'll do more digging.  This guy is an ass.

« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2018, 07:52:05 PM »
Looks like it's all a calculated strategy to avoid dealing with customers any other way than through their own customer service channels.

Could try the twitter handle in this article: 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tech/apple-launches-twitter-account-deal-7493412

I'd ask to speak to the store manager's manager.  District/Regional manager I suspect?

« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2018, 07:58:39 PM »
Thank you KFdancer!  :)

I’m exhausted from this today, it’s given me a headache!

• Liked: 537
« Reply #129 on: January 16, 2018, 06:12:51 AM »
Yeah, dude sounds like an *as.

Take it over his head. I'm sorry I don't know how to do that here as I don't have a new macbook. I refused to get one without a USB port. And now I can't one at the moment.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #130 on: January 16, 2018, 08:14:57 AM »
Yeah, dude sounds like an *as.

Take it over his head. I'm sorry I don't know how to do that here as I don't have a new macbook. I refused to get one without a USB port. And now I can't one at the moment.

The no USB port was a concern but honestly hasn’t bothered me at all. Plus from what they told me, they won’t be going back to having one.
 I had to buy an adapter (all part of the racket) but with that, it’s as if I have one.

« Reply #131 on: January 20, 2018, 02:27:40 PM »
I picked up my computer (again) today. I really hope that’s the end of it.

There was a couple at my table at the Apple Store who were very upset at something to do with an iPhone. I only pricked my ears up when the guy was trying to explain that it was not easy for them to get to the store...it’s the same for me.  They left unhappy.

• Liked: 958
« Reply #132 on: January 20, 2018, 05:24:00 PM »
I picked up my computer (again) today. I really hope that’s the end of it.

There was a couple at my table at the Apple Store who were very upset at something to do with an iPhone. I only pricked my ears up when the guy was trying to explain that it was not easy for them to get to the store...it’s the same for me.  They left unhappy.
Wow. Sounds like your local store has serious management issues :(

How is the computer doing now?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #133 on: January 20, 2018, 06:32:13 PM »
Wow. Sounds like your local store has serious management issues :(

How is the computer doing now?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I completely agree. When I first was there I was kind of blown away by how glamorous it all was  but today looking at it though different eyes, the store still looks gorgeous but the staff seem harried.

And talking of not following procedure, I wasn’t even asked for ID!

I’m leaving the computer till tomorrow!  :)

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2018, 10:49:15 AM »

And talking of not following procedure, I wasn’t even asked for ID!

And I'm still getting emails telling me that my device is ready for pick up! ...Anyone dare me to go back in and try to do that?  >:D

Sponsored Links