Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: IR-1, direct consular filing timeline, anyone?  (Read 2792 times)

• Liked: 0
IR-1, direct consular filing timeline, anyone?
« on: August 28, 2017, 03:37:51 PM »
hi!

my husband and i (USC and UKC respectively) are looking at moving back to the states just before my spouse visa expires jan 2019.

uk-yankee got us through that spouse visa, i'm hoping you guys can help this time around too! :)

looking at filing in a couple of weeks, with direct consular filing at the US embassy in london.

if anyone could provide a broken down timeline of their process, that would be so helpful.

i've got the uscis website and us embassy information but they are a bit conflicting with our situation and i am not sure if i need to provide additional information as i will be listing my parents US residence as our permenant residence for the time being, we may well stay with them for a few weeks before we get our own place, we might arrange our own place before we move, either way we won't have our own 1 year+ in advance! to move here, we provided my mother in laws residence as ours in the UK and she provided landowner documents and signed a letter of permission - is this kind of thing required for uk to us again?

any info is great, timeline of what gets filed when is so helpful, i've seen so many documents (i-130, then g-325a, then not g-325a but i-130a, then ds-260 and 261, then i-864, then od-169, of-230 etc) help!

• Liked: 6110
Re: IR-1, direct consular filing timeline, anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 08:53:00 AM »
Mostly everyone here at the moment is coming the other way. I have seen this forum recommended several times for UK->US information. Hopefully they'll be able to answer all your questions. Good luck!  :)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab