Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: What's for dinner?  (Read 10714 times)

• Liked: 672
Re: What's for dinner?
« Reply #150 on: October 17, 2017, 08:52:07 AM »
All the food from the freezer.
 :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'( :\\\'(
 [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]

I accidentally switched the bastarn freezer off at the bastarn mains when I was cleaning last night, and didn't realise it till just now. I feel like crying... pierogis, burritos, and a tub of home-made marshmallow ice cream, all ruined.  The ice cream is already liquid, so I'm just dumping it, but I need to cook all the rest of the stuff or bin it as well.

Oh nooooo! :o :(

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #151 on: October 17, 2017, 10:30:52 AM »
 [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif] [smiley=furious3.gif]

I accidentally switched the bastarn freezer off at the bastarn mains when I was cleaning last night, and didn't realise it till just now. I feel like crying... pierogis, burritos, and a tub of home-made marshmallow ice cream, all ruined.  The ice cream is already liquid, so I'm just dumping it, but I need to cook all the rest of the stuff or bin it as well.

Ohhh nooo!! :( :( That suck soooo bad!

To try to look at it as a positive thing, maybe this is just a good time to give the freezer a good old clean/organise if you don't do that on a regular basis (we don't lol)?? (sooorrryyyy trying to find anythinggggg to make this less suck).
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #152 on: October 17, 2017, 10:36:14 AM »
Buffalo chicken is something I should, in theory, LOVE since I am a chicken head but every time I have had it, I have not enjoyed it. First time was at an Applebys and I thought it may have just been them but I tried them again and still nope! lol

Hmmm what about them don't you like?? Curious to know if it's maybe how they make it in Texas or just the specific places you've tried them?

Cold pizza, to me, is objectively gross.  The concept of it is completely disgusting. 

It's great if you're lazy and hungover. I, personally, like to pop it in the toaster oven for a bit so it's warm enough but maintains crisp (unlike the microwave) ;)

Do not use Appleby's as your baseline for buffalo chicken!!!

I'm a snob and make my own Buffalo sauce. :) (after living in Buffalo for 15 years I should know how)

Dinner tonight is gonna be simple, just chicken and rice cuz I had a really severe reaction to a chocolate covered apple at work :( (I think it's a corn allergy based on other recent bad ones where I couldn't figure out exactly what it was)

Tomorrow is gonna be an apple cider braised pork shoulder if I feel better. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree about Applebys not being a standard to measure it against hahaha At LEAST use "The Ninety-9"!! haha  ::)

Please share your buffalo sauce recipe!! :D :D :D

That braised pork shoulder sounds fantastic and my mouth is watering thinking about it.... I wish we had proper American apple cider over here but I admit that I tried a freshly pressed apple juice over the weekend and it was similar enough to American cider that I could probably have used it in certain recipes in the American cider's place. It was definitely the high point of the weekend! haha
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #153 on: October 17, 2017, 10:50:57 AM »

Have you thrown away the ice cream liquid?   You can make a really nice cake by throwing in some flour and putting it in the oven. 

Homemade marshmallow cake sounds pretty good.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #154 on: October 17, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
Cold pizza, to me, is objectively gross.  The concept of it is completely disgusting.
It's great if you're lazy and hungover. I, personally, like to pop it in the toaster oven for a bit so it's warm enough but maintains crisp (unlike the microwave) ;)

Oh, I know!  You left off the rest of my message:

BUT if I can get over the hurdle and take a bite, I usually love it and devour the hell out of it.  Because it actually turns out to be really nom.  Gawd, what I wouldn't give for a leftover $5 Little Caesar's large pepperoni in my 'fridge.

I just meant it's a gross concept, but then when I actually eat it, I'm all, "Ohmigawd, this is the best thing ever!"  It's one of those things that I don't expect to like, but then I do like it.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 584
« Reply #155 on: October 17, 2017, 07:27:30 PM »
Ohhh nooo!! :( :( That suck soooo bad!

To try to look at it as a positive thing, maybe this is just a good time to give the freezer a good old clean/organise if you don't do that on a regular basis (we don't lol)?? (sooorrryyyy trying to find anythinggggg to make this less suck).

That's what I did in the end.  We ate the Amy's burritos, and chucked the rest.  Clean slate!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #156 on: October 18, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
No good when you accidentally shut off the freezer!

I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #157 on: October 18, 2017, 03:58:42 PM »
A really good cold, leftover pizza is the gift of the gods....   ;D

• Tea And A Butty
  • Liked: 14
« Reply #158 on: October 19, 2017, 06:22:39 PM »
Hmmm what about them don't you like?? Curious to know if it's maybe how they make it in Texas or just the specific places you've tried them?

Totally agree about Applebys not being a standard to measure it against hahaha At LEAST use "The Ninety-9"!! haha  ::)

Oh, I tried making it at home too, not just had it from Applebys, and I never liked it. It's just got a flavour that I'm not into I guess? Like Avocado/Guacamole. I HATE that stuff but wife is obsessed with it. Give me salsa or french onion dip for my chips and I'll be fine! :P

« Reply #159 on: October 20, 2017, 05:33:12 PM »
Hooray...I made it home before the Tesco man!

OH is out on the ran-dan tonight, so it's cereal for my dinner.

« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2017, 08:07:25 PM »
Hooray...I made it home before the Tesco man!

OH is out on the ran-dan tonight, so it's cereal for my dinner.

Cereal for dinner on Grocery Day?!  I hope that's your guilty pleasure food.  Grocery Day is supposed to be the special treat noms.  Don't let Grocery Day down!

« Reply #161 on: October 21, 2017, 09:34:22 AM »
I hope that's your guilty pleasure food.

it definitely is! 

« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2017, 08:42:24 PM »
We had tamales for tea tonight!!

I ordered them yesterday from Mex Grocer, and they arrived today.... chicken & green chile, and they were wonderful!  It was OH's first time trying them, and he was impressed.

« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2017, 09:42:14 PM »

I ordered them yesterday from Mex Grocer, and they arrived today.... chicken & green chile, and they were wonderful!  It was OH's first time trying them, and he was impressed.

Ohmigawd, I didn't care about tamales in the US because they were not too hard to obtain.  But when I read "chicken and green chile", my brain totally conjured up that flavour, and I needed them!

« Reply #164 on: December 13, 2017, 09:20:20 AM »

Tamales??? OMG, where, where!????

Sponsored Links