Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More questions  (Read 5622 times)

• Liked: 59
Re: More questions
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2017, 05:28:36 AM »
I would use your letter to draw attention to the part of the divorce decree where it mentions that you are permitted to choose where you live with your daughter.

I'm not sure about your ex's letter but if I were in your situation, I'd probably have him re-do it to say that he has no objection to your taking her to live outside of the US, rather than pinning it down to a specific location.

Thank you, last time I had a visa I only had the child support with the visitation so it was much easier to not have it get lost in the sea of paperwork.

I may have to live with the consequences of my poor choice of wording, we haven't gotten the flat yet, so, I might have to stick with Kirkcaldy for now. It was pretty hard to get him to do this letter, he has no objections, but it took him a month to sign it the first time, and he forgot to get it notarized, then it took two months...he's quite the absent father so sometimes these tasks are Herculean when they're so simple lol. However, if he comes to pick her up for Thanksgiving, I will have a remedied letter ready and handy for him to get notarized with me! (This may actually be quite likely and I would rather follow any advice you all give me than to go rogue)

Thank you so much for your advice once again! I hope you all know how much we appreciate it all! You are my heroes!!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 05:37:55 AM by dramahuman »
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2017, 07:57:54 AM »
Yep, should be fine - the letter from the father is really all you need, but you can mention the divorce decree in a cover letter.

Don't think it really matters about Kirkcaldy. If you're really worried, you could get him to sign another note, but if that's not practical, just leave it as it is.

And please stop reading horror stories about refusals. Approximately 95% of visa applications made in the US are approved.

It's a tick-box visa... you tick the boxes and send the documents and it will be approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More questions
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2017, 08:00:56 AM »
It was pretty hard to get him to do this letter, he has no objections, but it took him a month to sign it the first time, and he forgot to get it notarized, then it took two months...

The letter does NOT need to be notarised. He just needs to sign it and hand it back to you - shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

The only things that need to be notarised are documents which are not original and you are unable to provide the original for the application (such as bank statements, payslips).

Also, it should really be dated within 28 days of the online application date... so if you aren't applying until after Thanksgiving, you probably shouldn't use the current letter anyway, because it will have been written too long ago.

« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 08:02:25 AM by ksand24 »

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2017, 01:51:43 PM »
The letter does NOT need to be notarised. He just needs to sign it and hand it back to you - shouldn't take more than a few seconds.

The only things that need to be notarised are documents which are not original and you are unable to provide the original for the application (such as bank statements, payslips).

Also, it should really be dated within 28 days of the online application date... so if you aren't applying until after Thanksgiving, you probably shouldn't use the current letter anyway, because it will have been written too long ago.

Thank you so much, I will get another letter signed by him when we're 28 Days out then. I had to chuckle because my fiance was telling me to stop reading stuff online around the same time that I read yours stating that.

I promise, I'm reining myself in now!

Thank you all once more.

I hope after all is said and done I will be able to help others like you all do.

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2017, 06:58:04 PM »
Hi guys! (I took a break to get married and have had a crazy amount of doctor's appointments)

I do have that letter from her Father, I will be trying to get a newer one if possible but I did specify in the letter that we would be moving in 2018. Still! I'll be sending out a copy of it for him to sign and date in January as some have suggested doing it 28 days before applying if possible!

I was wondering this go around, how would a sponsor letter work for my husband to write for my daughter? Basically the same sort of layout as the one he will write for me?

I've been keeping up and reading when I can, and I'm so excited for everyone who has gotten approved! :D Congrats guys!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2017, 07:25:59 PM »
Hi guys! (I took a break to get married and have had a crazy amount of doctor's appointments)

I do have that letter from her Father, I will be trying to get a newer one if possible but I did specify in the letter that we would be moving in 2018. Still! I'll be sending out a copy of it for him to sign and date in January as some have suggested doing it 28 days before applying if possible!

I was wondering this go around, how would a sponsor letter work for my husband to write for my daughter? Basically the same sort of layout as the one he will write for me?

I've been keeping up and reading when I can, and I'm so excited for everyone who has gotten approved! :D Congrats guys!

Congratulations!  :D

The accommodation letter does not have to be dated within 28 days, although it should be fairly recent.

The same sponsor letter can be used for you and your daughter, he should mention that he is sponsoring both of you.

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2017, 07:28:36 PM »

You don't need a separate letter - just have him write one letter, covering his sponsorship for both you and your daughter.

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 04:21:58 AM »

« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 06:26:50 AM »
....I've been reading about traffic offenses for over an hour now...and am freaking out.

I just recently got a speeding ticket...and on it a violation for pulling over to the left here in the US (I thought he had his turn signal on to signal me to go left...I was wrong) I lawyered up, only to help me get the ticket taken off my record, here in Texas if you have a good driving record and the violations are not major, they'll expunge it after six months if you don't get another ticket.

I completely plan on ticking yes and sending all information from the court and the ticket itself.

But.

I'm freaking out about my other three tickets. One is over five years old and I have no recollection of what I got it...extreme lane changing was the reason given by the officer and it's not even an official reason to get a ticket, don't even remember of the exact date, barely remember the year, and not even what county I received it in so I'm not sure what to do about that one.

The other two were speeding in 2015, in Louisiana, and in Louisiana when you pay the fee by a certain date it doesn't go on your record (public record, I'm assuming it's recorded somewhere) but the DMV has no evidence of it anyhow. Also don't remember my Louisiana Driver's license number.

My anxiety has kicked into high gear...All this and the only reason I got my newest speeding ticket was I didn't note the zone change because I was too busy crying because I was told I may have breast cancer and cervical cancer. So, still my fault, but, not my year.

:DDDDDDD 2017 is not cutting it for me guys.

Any advice on how to gather all this information up for the UKVI would be helpful.

I've been looking through the past threads. Most are unresolved on what they did, and all the advice has been declare it, but, not what to do when you have no evidence.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:28:13 AM by dramahuman »

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 06:37:28 AM »

I've been looking through the past threads. Most are unresolved on what they did, and all the advice has been declare it, but, not what to do when you have no evidence.

Declare it all and explain it all in your letter as you have done here. You can only give them what you yourself have.

Hope all went well with any tests/biopsies.

« Reply #40 on: November 27, 2017, 06:39:21 AM »
Sorry to hear about your health problems :(.

With the speeding tickets/violations, there is nothing to freak out about :).

They shouldn’t affect your application in any way - a simple speeding ticket or a fixed penalty ticket doesn’t technically need to be mentioned on the application, but we just recommend that you list them all just to show you are being honest and have nothing to hide.

The only thing that would affect your visa is if you were arrested, charged and convicted for a criminal offence in the last 12 months (and it shows on your criminal record).... for example, drink driving, dangerous driving etc. ... which is doesn’t sound like you were.

I’d just list all the speeding tickets/violations and include your driving record and any paperwork you have for them.

« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2017, 06:45:32 AM »
Again

Thank you Larrabee and Ksand

You all are the guardian angels of my thread lol

I am going to try tomorrow to get a head start on finding my Louisiana license # so I can print out my driving record for it and same with printing my Texas record, though I will have to wait until the last ticket has been dealt with fully so I can get court records as well.

Thank you all on the concer for my health! Luckily I am breast cancer free, but still have more bioposies for the other. Hopefully nothing too depressing lol.

Thank you all again! Sorry if this is jumbled, I’m on my phone at the moment.

« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »
Some good news

I just had one of the new minor violations dismissed completely and the other I have paperwork emailed to me from my lawyer showing the court gave me a deferment for my speeding ticket.

Also found my Louisiana driver's license number because I'm a pack rat and never throw anything away...So...Thank you all for putting up with my stressing and freaking out!

I am pretty sure I did not put down the speeding tickets in Louisiana when I applied for my Student visa (I had no idea about forums like this or others, so when I read criminal offence, I did not recall seeing them mention traffic violations)...will this be an issue that I'm declaring them now and didn't before?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 03:32:29 AM by dramahuman »

« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »
Haha so, I was originally just sending them a certified copy of my divorce decree and letting them keep it but realizing I need to mail it again if/when we apply for another visa in 2.5 years, I'm going to send a copy as well...the only problem is I'm a little worried on the weight/size of the package.

My divorce decree is nearly 40 pages...so...should I perhaps just pay for another certified copy when the time comes or go ahead and photocopy it for them?

I am so sorry I keep asking questions, I have so many more but I'm trying to pace myself lol.

« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2017, 04:11:58 PM »
Haha so, I was originally just sending them a certified copy of my divorce decree and letting them keep it but realizing I need to mail it again if/when we apply for another visa in 2.5 years, I'm going to send a copy as well...the only problem is I'm a little worried on the weight/size of the package.

I guess you have two options: send both the certified copy and another copy, or just send the certified copy and see if you can request an extra official copy of the divorce decree so you have a spare one for future visas.

In terms of the weight/size of the package, it shouldn't be more than 1-2 inches thick and 5 lbs at most (ideally 2-3 lbs). If it's more than that, then you're sending too much and may need to take out some documents as they won't be needed.

For example, the majority of your documents will normally be made up of bank statements. Everything else shouldn't be more than a few pages total.

My divorce decree is nearly 40 pages...so...should I perhaps just pay for another certified copy when the time comes or go ahead and photocopy it for them?

I thought a divorce decree was only 1-2 pages? Or is that the divorce certificate?

The supporting documents guidance only states that you need a divorce certificate:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270197/sup-docs-settlement.pdf

Sponsored Links