Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: More questions  (Read 5619 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: More questions
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2018, 06:19:10 PM »
Okay, so if you include the £1,830.61 July payslip, you will HAVE to send all 12 months because you cannot qualify for the visa otherwise. The July payslip would need to be at least £1,866.67 to meet the requirement using only 6 months.

Do his payslips list the pay period on them or just the issue date of the payslip? i.e. does the August payslip state that it covers the pay from August 1st to 31st, even though it wasn't issued until the end of September?

So, as I see it, your options are:

- Wait until the end of March to apply so you have 6 months of payslips dated between 30th September and 30th March (unless the payslip issued in September states that it is for the pay period of 1st August onwards, in which case you can apply as soon as you can prove pay between 1st August and 1st Feb).

Or

- Apply now (when you get the Jan payslip) and use the last 12 months of payslips and bank statements from 6th Feb 2017 to 6th Feb 2018.

• Liked: 59
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »
Okay, so if you include the £1,830.61 July payslip, you will HAVE to send all 12 months because you cannot qualify for the visa otherwise. The July payslip would need to be at least £1,866.67 to meet the requirement using only 6 months.

Do his payslips list the pay period on them or just the issue date of the payslip? i.e. does the August payslip state that it covers the pay from August 1st to 31st, even though it wasn't issued until the end of September?

I think we will go with providing the 12, since we won't be able to afford priority we hope to at least not be waiting too far into the summer should we be waiting a while, though there's no guarantee.

And no they only state the date of issue,which, I thought was very odd considering that he received the pay on September 6, but the payslip says instead something like September 30

Should these be explained in the payslip letter from his employer?

I will have to go look over the category B questions, ugh, I thought I was done messing up lol
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:40:43 PM by dramahuman »
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2018, 06:33:13 PM »
If not for you all, I would have sent this stuff all willy nilly and wasted our visa fees.

« Reply #93 on: January 31, 2018, 05:04:30 PM »
Appendix 2

After that roller coaster (we found out part of the problem was also that the date on the payslips were not for the period of pay, nor the day he got paid, but for some sort of tax purpose, he asked HR, we kept thinking the payslips were off, but in fact, he just simply did not get paid for his first month which caused the confusion of us with the payslips.)

So I obviously tick category B now,  I am confused though because he's had the same employer, just have to use 12 payslips, so I'm unsure how to proceed.

Would 3.12 be ticked no, just to make sure we are applying for Category A and not B, and then I would tick Yes for 3.13 and just reiterate his current job? And do I answer yes for 3.22 or leave it blank, since he again has had the same job?

Thanks, hopefully, now that that car wreck of a mistake was avoided, this was the last of my new questions.

« Reply #94 on: January 31, 2018, 05:16:39 PM »
After that roller coaster (we found out part of the problem was also that the date on the payslips were not for the period of pay, nor the day he got paid, but for some sort of tax purpose, he asked HR, we kept thinking the payslips were off, but in fact, he just simply did not get paid for his first month which caused the confusion of us with the payslips.)

Ah, that makes a lot more sense :). So, do you have an official record from HR of the period of pay AND the date he got paid? Because the date he got paid is what they need to match with the bank statements.

So I obviously tick category B now,  I am confused though because he's had the same employer, just have to use 12 payslips, so I'm unsure how to proceed.

Would 3.12 be ticked no, just to make sure we are applying for Category A and not B, and then I would tick Yes for 3.13 and just reiterate his current job? And do I answer yes for 3.22 or leave it blank, since he again has had the same job?

Okay, for Category B, the question wording seems a bit odd because he hasn't changed employers, but I would answer Part 3 as follows:

3.1 - Tick No
3.2 - Tick the second box (Applying with 1 child dependant, £22,400)
3.3 - Tick the first box and then Category B
3.4 - Tick Yes
3.5-3.10 - Complete his employment details
3.11 - Fill in his annual income (current annual salary)
3.12 - Tick No
Go to 3.13
3.13 - I would tick Yes because it mentions Category B
3.14-3.19 - I would give his old job title (if applicable) and repeat his company details
3.20 - fill in his total earnings in the last 12 months, calculated from the payslips
3.21 - Tick Yes
3.22 - I would tick Yes instead of leaving it blank, because you are applying under Category B and this question is confirming you meet the Category B requirements

« Reply #95 on: January 31, 2018, 05:23:54 PM »
Ah, that makes a lot more sense :). So, do you have an official record from HR of the period of pay AND the date he got paid? Because the date he got paid is what they need to match with the bank statements.

They don't seem like they do, but we are certainly going to ask, worst case scenario, would it be okay if it was explained in the employer letter (gave the pay periods and the pay date and had it signed off on)? They've made things so chaotic haha, like not getting paid on the same day of each month, but we're hoping we can get something from HR. They're a startup company that just took off before my Husband joined so I think they're still finding their feet, hopefully, they'll be helpful about this all.!

Okay, for Category B, the question wording seems a bit odd because he hasn't changed employers, but I would answer Part 3 as follows:

3.1 - Tick No
3.4 - Tick Yes
3.12 - Tick No
Go to 3.13
3.13 - I would tick Yes because it mentions Category B
3.14-3.19 - I would give his old job title (if applicable) and repeat his company details
3.20 - fill in his total earnings in the last 12 months, calculated from the payslips
3.21 - Tick Yes
3.22 - I would tick Yes instead of leaving it blank, because you are applying under Category B and this question is confirming you meet the Category B requirements

Thank you!

« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2018, 05:40:35 PM »
They don't seem like they do, but we are certainly going to ask, worst case scenario, would it be okay if it was explained in the employer letter (gave the pay periods and the pay date and had it signed off on)? They've made things so chaotic haha, like not getting paid on the same day of each month, but we're hoping we can get something from HR. They're a startup company that just took off before my Husband joined so I think they're still finding their feet, hopefully, they'll be helpful about this all.!

Someone recently was refused in the  self-employment category because the date on their payslips and dividend vouchers did not match the dates the money actually went into their bank, and also the amounts did not match either (they lumped all the money together and deposited it 3 months later).

So, I would make sure that the employer clarifies the difference in writing and provides an official explanation for the discrepancy... otherwise UKVI may not accept his income towards the visa.

« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2018, 05:42:36 PM »
Someone recently was refused in the  self-employment category because the date on their payslips and dividend vouchers did not match the dates the money actually went into their bank, and also the amounts did not match either (they lumped all the money together and deposited it 3 months later).

So, I would make sure that the employer clarifies the difference in writing and provides an official explanation for the discrepancy... otherwise UKVI may not accept his income towards the visa.

Thank you! I will get him to talk to his HR tomorrow. (I could shake them, why would they not put the pay date or pay period lol)

« Reply #98 on: February 07, 2018, 05:21:49 PM »
Turns out that HR is just basically made up of the Director's wife..and..that's it, haha.

Update: On the payslip verification we wrote down each of the 12 payslips pay dates, pay periods, and noted that the date on the payslips were for tax purposes only. The director not only helped us correct a couple of pay periods but has signed and given it back already.

Also! I've seen some conflicting information, is it one or two passport photos? Because it would be great to just send them the leftover passport photos from our renewals in November. :D

« Reply #99 on: February 07, 2018, 05:27:45 PM »
Turns out that HR is just basically made up of the Director's wife..and..that's it, haha.

Update: On the payslip verification we wrote down each of the 12 payslips pay dates, pay periods, and noted that the date on the payslips were for tax purposes only. The director not only helped us correct a couple of pay periods but has signed and given it back already.

Glad you got it sorted :).

Also! I've seen some conflicting information, is it one or two passport photos? Because it would be great to just send them the leftover passport photos from our renewals in November. :D

It really doesn't matter. They don't use the photo anyway and may even send it back to you. There's even been talk that you don't need to send any passport photos anymore, but it's still on the supporting documents guidance.

They used to use the passport photo on your visa, but now they use the photo taken at biometrics, so sending a passport photo seems a bit redundant these days.

The supporting documents guidance states:

One passport sized colour photograph
This must comply with the requirements in our photo guidance

« Reply #100 on: February 07, 2018, 05:30:00 PM »
Glad you got it sorted :).

It really doesn't matter. They don't use the photo anyway and may even send it back to you. There's even been talk that you don't need to send any passport photos anymore, but it's still on the supporting documents guidance.

They used to use the passport photo on your visa, but now they use the photo taken at biometrics, so sending a passport photo seems a bit redundant these days.

The supporting documents guidance states:

One passport sized colour photograph
This must comply with the requirements in our photo guidance

Thank you so much as always! You all have blown my mind with how helpful and amazing you lot are!

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2018, 02:40:54 AM »
We finally got every letter and payslip and he is mailing it my way tomorrow!

I will post a doc check just to be sure, but before I do, I had a question. I had to use the category B and I did fill it out but I wondered, when it asks about previous employment and I had to list his current employment again, what do I put for the last day he worked since it is his current employment? I had originally just put the last date he was paid on his old salary before his raise

Also, I don’t have any old passport numbers from when I was a minor and no idea what their dates were, they were lost in a move, I was just going to put that in additional info, is that okay? I’ve had like six passports and I’m able to provide 3 of them, I had no intention of not mentioning I just want to make sure it's fine to just put that I no longer had those, and that they were from before 2007 (I can try to estimate, but, I've had a passport since I was a toddler and my mother can't remember that far back lol)

Lastly, this was our first lease and it’s initially six months but we are already going to sign another for a year after, the six-month lease runs out in May, do we need to include in the sponsor or cover letter that we will be renewing the lease?

...EDIT: Well I went to go edit this, accidentally removed it when my computer froze..so here it is again.

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2018, 07:22:10 AM »
We finally got every letter and payslip and he is mailing it my way tomorrow!

That's great :).

I will post a doc check just to be sure, but before I do, I had a question. I had to use the category B and I did fill it out but I wondered, when it asks about previous employment and I had to list his current employment again, what do I put for the last day he worked since it is his current employment? I had originally just put the last date he was paid on his old salary before his raise

Actually, I know that I said earlier to fill it out that way, but now I'm wondering if you do actually need to fill out his employment details again... because he has been with the same employer the entire time, so he hasn't had any other employment in the last 12 months.

I think instead, you should answer as follows:
3.1 - Tick No
3.4 - Tick Yes
3.12 - Tick No
3.13 - Tick No
Go to 3.20
3.21 - Tick Yes

Also, I don’t have any old passport numbers from when I was a minor and no idea what their dates were, they were lost in a move, I was just going to put that in additional info, is that okay? I’ve had like six passports and I’m able to provide 3 of them, I had no intention of not mentioning I just want to make sure it's fine to just put that I no longer had those, and that they were from before 2007 (I can try to estimate, but, I've had a passport since I was a toddler and my mother can't remember that far back lol)

I would just fill in the details of the previous passports that you do know, and then make a note that you had 3 others but they were lost and you no longer have the details.

Lastly, this was our first lease and it’s initially six months but we are already going to sign another for a year after, the six-month lease runs out in May, do we need to include in the sponsor or cover letter that we will be renewing the lease?

I don't think it matters too much, but your sponsor can mention it in their letter if you like.

« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2018, 04:08:11 AM »
That's great :).

Actually, I know that I said earlier to fill it out that way, but now I'm wondering if you do actually need to fill out his employment details again... because he has been with the same employer the entire time, so he hasn't had any other employment in the last 12 months.

I think instead, you should answer as follows:
3.1 - Tick No
3.4 - Tick Yes
3.12 - Tick No
3.13 - Tick No
Go to 3.20
3.21 - Tick Yes

I would just fill in the details of the previous passports that you do know, and then make a note that you had 3 others but they were lost and you no longer have the details.

I don't think it matters too much, but your sponsor can mention it in their letter if you like.
Great, thank you so much! I know usually I'm on here as soon as you all reply, but I somehow missed you had responded.

Thank you again! I'm going to do the Appendix 2 info now :)

« Reply #104 on: February 14, 2018, 10:35:53 PM »
I've gone into over-thinking mode and can no longer process simple questions

do I include the whole Appendix2 including the parts I don't fill out at all (such as the diff categories)

I've somehow freaked out, in Appendix2 it's asking for the 12 months prior to the application, am I still listing the salary he earned from Feb-to-Feb? Since his first pay slip wasn't received until February...I..I can tell I'm over-thinking but I can't stop. Heeeeelp
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 10:37:13 PM by dramahuman »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab