Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: My workbench in pictures.  (Read 2900 times)

• Liked: 1327
Re: My workbench in pictures.
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2017, 09:27:50 PM »
Your little zombie dude is Zommer from Moshi Monsters! DH used to work there and got loads of random toys like that. DH got a Zommer plush for my dad since we don't have kids and didn't have any nieces or nephews at the time but we had loads of toys. My mom's got even more Moshi Monsters toys from DH.

Oh my gosh, you know them!  Nobody else recognizes them!  So... now I'm really wanting to show/tell the story of the zombies, but it's long, and most of it is on Facebook.  Many of the Moshi are cute, but Zommer is the one we love the most.  Especially this version of him.

FREECYCLE!! Husband got a self-propelling Honda petrol motor on freecycle last month! We already had purchased a petrol mower for a reasonable price during a sale, but my husband is a Honda fanboy so needed to have it when it popped up on the site. Was a good find! We've also gotten a free gas BBQ grill from freecycle. Some serious good deals to be had on there if you're quick to respond and vigilant!

That's a good idea!  Self-propelling would be great... then I could help with the mowing!

Can you PM me what site you use for freecycle?

Yes, what she said!  :)
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2017, 09:28:20 PM »
Can you PM me what site you use for freecycle?

It's literally just freecycle.org ! You sign up for the different areas (we did Ascot, Bracknell, and Wokingham - that I can remember off the top of my head) and you get emails as people post their items (and sometimes junk). It can be a pain though because A. it will probably end up going to your junk mail  box so it's just better to periodically check when you have free time and B. you get SOOOOOOO many emails that if you don't stay on top of them it can get overwhelming lol. Also, you really need to pounce if you even think you want something because it's pretty much first come first serve and there are people that seem to do nothing but surf that site! It's wonderful though when you manage to get a bargain! We've gotten loads of stuff (wooden pallets, futons, desk chairs, lawn mower, BBQ, book case, etc.)
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2017, 09:29:56 PM »
Oh my gosh, you know them!  Nobody else recognizes them!  So... now I'm really wanting to show/tell the story of the zombies, but it's long, and most of it is on Facebook.  Many of the Moshi are cute, but Zommer is the one we love the most.  Especially this version of him.

That's a good idea!  Self-propelling would be great... then I could help with the mowing!

Yes, what she said!  :)

It's literally just www.freecycle.org :) Read the disclaimer I posted to KF above! haha
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2017, 09:33:22 PM »
It's literally just www.freecycle.org :) Read the disclaimer I posted to KF above! haha

Thanks!  I'll take the disclaimer under advisement.  I'm trying to decide how I will filter the emails so I see them, but they don't overwhelm.  Probably just to a new folder devoted to Freecycle, set to delete after so many days.

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2017, 09:36:39 PM »
Thanks!  I'll take the disclaimer under advisement.  I'm trying to decide how I will filter the emails so I see them, but they don't overwhelm.  Probably just to a new folder devoted to Freecycle, set to delete after so many days.

Probably the best way to go! My husband doesn't really have an issues as he deletes them either instantly or within 24 hours. I'm a lot more rubbish at keeping my inbox updated as I totally forget to go through and delete stuff so it just gets out of control. They all now just go to my spam and I forget to look at them hahah but luckily, again, my husband is on top of it and will give me a nudge if there's something we might find useful lol We try to keep an eye out for retro video games on there but people are usually smarter than that :) If you set up a special folder you intend to go through or have deleted within a certain time frame, that sounds good! Truthfully, if you don't reply within 24 hours, the item is more likely to be gone anyways if it's a good item (although you can get lucky). You might not be bothered by the spam of emails at all either, I'd just rather prepare you for battle than have you be like "WTF DID YOU HAVE ME GET MYSELF INTO!?" lol
My, how time flies....

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2017, 09:44:27 PM »
Probably the best way to go! My husband doesn't really have an issues as he deletes them either instantly or within 24 hours. I'm a lot more rubbish at keeping my inbox updated as I totally forget to go through and delete stuff so it just gets out of control. They all now just go to my spam and I forget to look at them hahah but luckily, again, my husband is on top of it and will give me a nudge if there's something we might find useful lol We try to keep an eye out for retro video games on there but people are usually smarter than that :) If you set up a special folder you intend to go through or have deleted within a certain time frame, that sounds good! Truthfully, if you don't reply within 24 hours, the item is more likely to be gone anyways if it's a good item (although you can get lucky). You might not be bothered by the spam of emails at all either, I'd just rather prepare you for battle than have you be like "WTF DID YOU HAVE ME GET MYSELF INTO!?" lol

hah!  My inboxes (plural, because I maintain multiple email addresses, just to keep things confusing) are nightmares of disorganization.  But I can find things because it's all Gmail, and the search function is amazing.  :)  So another thing making a mess won't bother me too much. If there's a high volume, I will set up the filter, though.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2017, 08:37:47 AM »
It's literally just freecycle.org ! You sign up for the different areas (we did Ascot, Bracknell, and Wokingham - that I can remember off the top of my head) and you get emails as people post their items (and sometimes junk). It can be a pain though because A. it will probably end up going to your junk mail  box so it's just better to periodically check when you have free time and B. you get SOOOOOOO many emails that if you don't stay on top of them it can get overwhelming lol. Also, you really need to pounce if you even think you want something because it's pretty much first come first serve and there are people that seem to do nothing but surf that site! It's wonderful though when you manage to get a bargain! We've gotten loads of stuff (wooden pallets, futons, desk chairs, lawn mower, BBQ, book case, etc.)

If you need anymore wooden pallets, I'm your girl!

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2017, 09:36:32 AM »
If you need anymore wooden pallets, I'm your girl!

Do you really?! How many!? I may be in the market! :)  I need a few more to finish the outdoor sofa I started (and abandoned) and was entertaining the idea of trying to build a bed frame out of pallets with buttloads of storage.....haha There are SO many uses for pallets so I am perpetually toying with the idea of finding more and making stuff but the one place around either has to deliver a truck full of like 60 or none at all! haha
My, how time flies....

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2017, 09:59:00 AM »
Do you really?! How many!? I may be in the market! :)  I need a few more to finish the outdoor sofa I started (and abandoned) and was entertaining the idea of trying to build a bed frame out of pallets with buttloads of storage.....haha There are SO many uses for pallets so I am perpetually toying with the idea of finding more and making stuff but the one place around either has to deliver a truck full of like 60 or none at all! haha

I've got 4.   :)

« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:44 AM »
I've got 4.   :)

Will assess the situation when I get home and have a chance and see what the deal is!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2017, 10:07:04 AM »
Will assess the situation when I get home and have a chance and see what the deal is!

No rush.  They are just leaning against the shed and have been for months!

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2017, 11:34:04 AM »
I tried to suggest freecycle to JFKimberkey but I called it the wrong thing and didn’t explain clearly. 
My god, the amount and quality of stuff that people throw away is astounding.  We had some friends who moved here from Spain and literally furnished their entire house using free cycle.  And you couldn’t tell. 

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2017, 11:36:18 AM »
OMG, my girl was obsessed with Moshi Monsters for a while.  I thought that thing looked familiar.  Now she wants to sell all the MM junk she bought on EBay

« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2017, 12:59:59 PM »
I tried to suggest freecycle to JFKimberkey but I called it the wrong thing and didn’t explain clearly. 
My god, the amount and quality of stuff that people throw away is astounding.  We had some friends who moved here from Spain and literally furnished their entire house using free cycle.  And you couldn’t tell.

Yeah it has quality stuff! The only problem is you have to react to a posting ASAP.
My, how time flies....

« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2017, 05:17:05 PM »
I've given away some seriously good stuff before.  I don't mind.  I'm happy to pay it forward and hope that others do as well.

I need to have a serious cleanout of stuff and there will be some good things to go.  I'll be posting on Freecycle soon I hope!

Sponsored Links