Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Never felt so lonely!  (Read 4575 times)

• Liked: 1260
Re: Never felt so lonely!
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2017, 01:55:05 PM »
Where's the apple picking?  Sounds like good fun!

I've been told it's at Jealott's Hill! (near Bracknell I believe) http://www.jealottshilllandshare.org.uk/

It's only a one-day thing apparently but it's meant to be a good day out! I think there were some other places I found but they are definitely further away from us :( It's harder to commit to driving a few hours somewhere you aren't sure is going to be quality...

I saw a bottle of Pumpkin Spice Baileys at Tesco. I might get a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I've tried it, it's lush.

I've already had a PSL from Starbucks and it isn't even October yet.

haha I had one or two during their "preview" period where you can only get them if you have an email as a Starbucks rewards member. I've had soooo many and it's not October yet but I regret nothing!

I mix pumpkin pie spice with my heavy cream and hazelnut sugar free syrup and add that to my coffee plus sea salt and butter.

This is going to sound SO incredibly stupid....but I honestly never thought about just using double-cream to replace US dairy coffee creamer and just adding my own flavours to it..... I have NO idea why...

And he'd probably be sad at the complete waste.

In fairness, it's not a total waste as you can eventually cook the pumpkin flesh and/or bake the pumpkin seeds for eating if that's something you're into!

Me before butter, salt, sugar free syrup  and heavy cream and me after.

Oh wow! You weren't exaggerating about eating healthy and all that! Well done!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 68
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2017, 02:24:49 PM »
I am not a fan of Bailey's but you can bet that I bought a bottle last year to try. I love it in coffee. Got another bottle waiting for me now (but doing sober September, so it's in hiding).

I find that sweet shops that sell American things are ridiculously expensive but then again so is the shipping. I found a shop on Amazon that I think is really good. Actually it was suggested on here because they had big boxes of Luzianne Iced tea bags for only £5 and everywhere else I saw it had it for around £10-12! It's just they don't always have the things I am looking for...like Fritos or starcrunches.

There is a place in my local market that has loads of American sodas including cream soda. I picked up two today. Then B&M had pumpkin-shaped Reese's. Not that they taste any different than the regular Reese's, but I had to have it :-P

I have also had a PSL and frappucino already. I've made pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin snickerdoodles. I have enough pumpkin left in a can to make a pumpkin spice syrup. I have a PS problem.

And you look amazing nctami! That's fantastic!

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this thread. I only wanted a rant but I don't feel alone in how I feel...if that makes sense!

• Liked: 770
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
It is a fact that the shaped Reeses are indeed different than regular Reeses so therefore they do taste different.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2017, 02:45:45 PM »
In fairness, it's not a total waste as you can eventually cook the pumpkin flesh and/or bake the pumpkin seeds for eating if that's something you're into!

I know, and I think he would love toasted pumpkin seeds.  But, no oven.  :P

It is a fact that the shaped Reeses are indeed different than regular Reeses so therefore they do taste different.

Truth.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1893
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2017, 05:07:40 PM »
Me before butter, salt, sugar free syrup  and heavy cream and me after.

Please don’t think I was having a go at you, whatever you are drinking is obviously working.  You must feel so different in every way. 

I also lost a lot of weight by cutting out carbs until I finally had to admit that I really love them too much.

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2017, 05:48:44 PM »
Amazing Tami!  I hope you are incredibly proud of yourself.

My household is gluten free, dairy free, and soya free...  and I can't shift the baby weight!   ::) 

• Liked: 6111
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
Congratulations Tami, you look amazing!

For me, carbs are fuel, completely necessary and I eat them with abandon!  ;D

• Liked: 585
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
Where's the apple picking?  Sounds like good fun!

I don't even need to pick them!  Bags and bags of apples are given to me by a friend who's got a tree, and I've been making applesauce and adapted a banana bread recipe for apples, so I've been baking.  I probably will do it this weekend as well, as another large bag of apples was given to me on Wednesday.

• Liked: 154
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2017, 08:43:59 PM »
I believe in eating high fat, low carb (I've gone a little haywire lately but getting back on track) so it is completely healthy, for me.

I've been able to lose 200lbs and reverse my type 2 diabetes eating this way.

Omg you look amazing! I've been thinking of doing that lifestyle lately but I just don't know where to start. There's so much reading information out there. But I need to lose some and more. I somehow eat worse here than I ever did back home :/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 154
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2017, 08:46:11 PM »
My local Sainsbury's has loads of pumpkin cans for a pound. I'm not a huge pumpkin person, but if anybody wants some and can't find it I'll go in an buy the small stock they have and ship to you. It's not Libby's though, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

• Liked: 585
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
I believe in eating high fat, low carb (I've gone a little haywire lately but getting back on track) so it is completely healthy, for me.

I've been able to lose 200lbs and reverse my type 2 diabetes eating this way.

Well done!!
I believe in LCHF 100% and I know how great it makes me feel when I do it.  I just can't stick to it for more than a couple of weeks.  My carb addiction is really powerful.  :-[

• Liked: 537
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2017, 10:55:36 PM »
Well done!!
I believe in LCHF 100% and I know how great it makes me feel when I do it.  I just can't stick to it for more than a couple of weeks.  My carb addiction is really powerful.  :-[

I feel you. I have to have carbs too or I get really grumpy. At my healthiest I still ate stupid amounts of potato chips but went to the gym 3 times a week and did weight training.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 116
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 02:27:23 AM »
I have a job where I'm on my feet a lot and a lot of that is climbing stairs again and again and again.  I have found that when I don't have enough carbs (mixed with veggies though always!) I get so grumpy and tired at work.  But we eat a good variety of food at home and cook a lot of the time, it's a pretty healthy lifestyle. 

This thread just made me look up all the pick your own places in Kent.  I found one in Sittingbourne, it would be nice to go with my husband this weekend or next maybe.  I eat a lot of apples, often my breakfast is an apple with some peanut butter, but I love to bake with them.  Our wedding cake had an apple cake layer actually, I should figure out how to do one of those for the holidays.
Spouse Visa:
Received by Sheffield 19 Nov 2016
Decision Made 26 Jan 2017
Visa Received 30 Jan 2017
Arrived in UK 15 Feb 2017
FLR (M) Biometrics 16 Sep 2019
FLR (M) Approved 17 Sep 2019 (Super Priority)

• Liked: 4990
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 07:17:22 PM »
I've been told it's at Jealott's Hill! (near Bracknell I believe) http://www.jealottshilllandshare.org.uk/

It's only a one-day thing apparently but it's meant to be a good day out! I think there were some other places I found but they are definitely further away from us :( It's harder to commit to driving a few hours somewhere you aren't sure is going to be quality...

Awesome!  Thank you! 

• Liked: 7
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2017, 09:29:55 AM »
This is the part we didn’t realize would happen before moving here isn’t it!  Back home we has a fulfilling social life and we assume we can replicate that wherever we are but for so many it just doesn’t happen here. I went to a gym here for two years and felt lonelier amongst a group of people who never said more than hi to each other.  I’m resigning myself to having only my husband here and lucky I enjoy his company I’m also lucky that I travel home at least once a year but so far it’s worked out to be 2/3 times. I know that won’t last so I’m not looking forward to that.  We all seem to have the same problem here and there are so many of us you would have thought we’d come up with a solution by now! But yes, it is nice knowing that we’re not a lone in these feelings. I’m rambling here but just felt like commiserating with you guys.

24 April 13 - Married
29 April 13 - overnight Spouse Visa app. to NYC

Sponsored Links