Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: BRP  (Read 1197 times)

• Liked: 5
BRP
« on: October 19, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
I have a BRP and plan to do a fair bit of travelling over the next couple years. Is there a limit to the number of days I can be out of the UK in any calendar year?

• Liked: 4985
Re: BRP
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
No, you can travel as much as you like.

Absences affect citizenship applications so bear that in mind if you want to pursue that.

Depending on where you are, it may affect US tax liability as well.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 11:50:08 AM »
No, you can travel as much as you like.

Absences affect citizenship applications so bear that in mind if you want to pursue that.

Depending on where you are, it may affect US tax liability as well.
Thanks KF :)

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:57:52 PM »
Looking at your previous posts, I understand you have lived in the UK for 27 years, hold ILR and have recently received an NTL BRP?

- If so, as long as you do not leave the UK for more than 2 years, you are fine.

- However, if you leave to live somewhere else and do not return to live in the UK for more than 2 years, your ILR will lapse and you will have to start over from scratch with the visa process in order to move back to the UK.

If you want to be completely free of immigration restrictions, I would recommend applying for UK citizenship, as that means you can leave and re-enter the UK whenever you like without needing to worry about immigration. Also, if you apply for citizenship, you won't have to renew your BRP, because it will have been replaced with a UK passport.

Unfortunately, UK citizenship prices have risen drastically over the last few years and it currently costs £1282 to naturalise... whereas back in 2003, it was only £150.

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 01:44:59 PM »
Looking at your previous posts, I understand you have lived in the UK for 27 years, hold ILR and have recently received an NTL BRP?

- If so, as long as you do not leave the UK for more than 2 years, you are fine.

- However, if you leave to live somewhere else and do not return to live in the UK for more than 2 years, your ILR will lapse and you will have to start over from scratch with the visa process in order to move back to the UK.

If you want to be completely free of immigration restrictions, I would recommend applying for UK citizenship, as that means you can leave and re-enter the UK whenever you like without needing to worry about immigration. Also, if you apply for citizenship, you won't have to renew your BRP, because it will have been replaced with a UK passport.

Unfortunately, UK citizenship prices have risen drastically over the last few years and it currently costs £1282 to naturalise... whereas back in 2003, it was only £150.
Yes you are correct on my current situation. I have no plans to move from the UK but now being retired plan holidays in the sun for probably a month or so regularly. I'll take stock on the UK passport route in the next year or two.

Cheers

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab