Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316703 times)

• Liked: 9
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #1185 on: February 12, 2018, 10:47:55 AM »
It's immensely testing not to feel sour or infuriated by seeing those apply later and receive an answer sooner than those of us who continue to wait.

Nevertheless, congratulations mw90. At the moment I can, and do, only dream of the relief and elation you must be feeling.
Online Application Paid and Submitted: 16th Dec 2017
Bio-metrics Appointment: 19th Dec
Supporting Documents Shipped: 20th Dec
Documents Received (as per UPS tracking no.) in Sheffield: 22nd Dec
Processing has begun E-Mail: 9th Jan 2018
Decision Made E-Mail: 19th Feb 2018 (30 Business Days)
Documents Returned: 21st Feb 2018 (Approved)

• Liked: 79
« Reply #1186 on: February 12, 2018, 12:07:35 PM »
Hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to this forum for all the help during our application process. I didn't post much but reading this forum helped my husband and I a ton! We recently got approved so I'll post my timeline below. Thanks again!!! :)

Biometrics: Jan.16th
Application sent (priority): Jan.16th
Application received e-mail: Jan.18th
Decision e-mail: Jan. 30th
Documents returned: Feb.1st with an approval! :)

Congratulations! 🇬🇧🙌🏼🎉
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 12:41:07 PM by Soccer4ja9 »
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

• Liked: 24
« Reply #1187 on: February 12, 2018, 12:23:30 PM »
Hello everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to this forum for all the help during our application process. I didn't post much but reading this forum helped my husband and I a ton! We recently got approved so I'll post my timeline below. Thanks again!!! :)

Biometrics: Jan.16th
Application sent (priority): Jan.16th
Application received e-mail: Jan.18th
Decision e-mail: Jan. 30th
Documents returned: Feb.1st with an approval! :)
Congratulations!! It’s good to see someone getting forward traction :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SECOND APPLICATION- Spousal Visa:
Applied online:21 April 2018
Bio-metrics and Docs mailed: 01 May 2018
Arrived in Sheffield (via UPS): 08 May 2018
Email confirmation from Sheffield: 08 May 2018
Decision made: 15/06/2018
Docs returned: 17/06/2018
Decision: Approved

FLR(M)
Applied:16/02/2021
Biometrics: 16/03/2021
Decision made email: 18/03/2021
BRP received: 25/03/2021

ILR:
Life in the UK Test:27/03/2021 Passed
Application made: 12/06/2023
Biometrics - Std (free): 25/06/2023
Approval: 03/08/2023

• Liked: 10
« Reply #1188 on: February 12, 2018, 12:57:07 PM »
Just checked the visa processing times and looks like they finally updated for January! Not 100% sure I understand how the table works though.

At any rate, looks like 74% were completed within 30 days. Here’s to hoping we are in the 74%!!!
Application submitted: December 25
Biometrics Complete: January 5
Documents sent: January 5 (priority)
Confirmation Email (after a slight panic attack inducing misstep from UPS): Jan 10
Decision Email: February 20
Passport returned: February 22 APPROVED!

« Reply #1189 on: February 12, 2018, 01:31:10 PM »
Just checked the visa processing times and looks like they finally updated for January! Not 100% sure I understand how the table works though.

At any rate, looks like 74% were completed within 30 days. Here’s to hoping we are in the 74%!!!
Could you provide the link you found this information?

• Liked: 10
« Reply #1190 on: February 12, 2018, 01:33:22 PM »
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement

Here you go! Be warned that it's not a very helpful website...
Application submitted: December 25
Biometrics Complete: January 5
Documents sent: January 5 (priority)
Confirmation Email (after a slight panic attack inducing misstep from UPS): Jan 10
Decision Email: February 20
Passport returned: February 22 APPROVED!

« Reply #1191 on: February 12, 2018, 01:36:05 PM »
https://visa-processingtimes.homeoffice.gov.uk/y/united-states/settlement-visas/settlement

Here you go! Be warned that it's not a very helpful website...
ah it's the bit at the bottom that they update with the month, that's interesting. Didn't realise they kept that updated. Thanks! and fingers crossed (again and again and again and again)!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #1192 on: February 12, 2018, 01:52:27 PM »
ah it's the bit at the bottom that they update with the month, that's interesting. Didn't realise they kept that updated. Thanks! and fingers crossed (again and again and again and again)!

Well, last year they only updated it about 4 times in the whole year... and it’s only for decisions made in that month so by the time they are published they can be several months out of date (I.e. those that took 60+ days in the January times were submitted back in Sept/Oct).

• Liked: 0
« Reply #1193 on: February 12, 2018, 02:12:39 PM »
The numbers on there cannot be even close to accurate. By those numbers, it would mean almost 80% of applications are priority? And if that is not true and you have people who paid for priority waiting the same amount of time for those who didn't, why pay the money? I am happy to see applications go through but it is a little frustrating when ones are going through faster will later start dates.

Sorry rant over
Type of Application: Settlement Visa Fiance (priority)
Online application: 20 Nov 2017
Biometrics: 9 Jan 2018
Application mailed: 9 Jan 2018
Application received in Sheffield: 11 Jan 2018
Application received email: 11 Jan 2018
Decision email received:
Passport received:

Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #1194 on: February 12, 2018, 02:21:32 PM »
The numbers on there cannot be even close to accurate. By those numbers, it would mean almost 80% of applications are priority? And if that is not true and you have people who paid for priority waiting the same amount of time for those who didn't, why pay the money? I am happy to see applications go through but it is a little frustrating when ones are going through faster will later start dates.

Sorry rant over

Not necessarily - many priority applications decided in January on the forum were processed in 5-15 working days.... so they would come under the 45% in 15 days. The ones processed in 30 working days could have been decided at the beginning of January and were therefore submitted in November or December.

Or alternatively, they don’t say how many applications were actually decided... so it could be that most of them were priority but that there were only a small number of decisions made in January.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:23:41 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #1195 on: February 12, 2018, 02:24:46 PM »
Well, last year they only updated it about 4 times in the whole year... and it’s only for decisions made in that month so by the time they are published they can be several months out of date (I.e. those that took 60+ days in the January times were submitted back in Sept/Oct).

Ha, i see. Knew it'd be too helpful a piece of information to be applicable.

Sorry rant over
I'm not quite sure how you got those figures.  ??? Priority only puts you in front of those who are non-priority. So I believe calculating different processing times between the two are more or less impossible because it all depends on how many applications they have at any one time.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 02:26:45 PM by BethOllie »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #1196 on: February 12, 2018, 02:27:06 PM »
I've heard before about 70% of USA applicants pay for priority.

• Liked: 48
« Reply #1197 on: February 12, 2018, 03:39:19 PM »
BD 29 and BD 14 since the ‘not straightforward email’. I have spoken with my HR dept and they have had no approach from UKVI to confirm or question anything. I am the sponsor and serving military so they are responsible for confirming my financial and accommodation details are correct. As I say they have had no approach. My wife has checked with the county court where her custody order was  issued because we thought maybe they would want to check that out. They too have had no approach from UKVI! I’m left wondering still what the hell is ‘not straightforward’ and why there is no movement!!!

Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #1198 on: February 12, 2018, 04:02:00 PM »
BD 29 and BD 14 since the ‘not straightforward email’. I have spoken with my HR dept and they have had no approach from UKVI to confirm or question anything. I am the sponsor and serving military so they are responsible for confirming my financial and accommodation details are correct. As I say they have had no approach. My wife has checked with the county court where her custody order was  issued because we thought maybe they would want to check that out. They too have had no approach from UKVI! I’m left wondering still what the hell is ‘not straightforward’ and why there is no movement!!!

Chances are there is nothing non-straightforward about it. It’s most likely just been sent to buy some extra time.

They are extremely unlikely to contact your HR department or anyone else at all - the only person they would normally contact for more information is your wife. It’s almost unheard of for them to contact anyone else.

As I said the other day, please try to stop worrying about it. The application will be processed eventually... you just need to be patient.

It may just be that they are short-staffed and/or have a lot of applications to process, and it’s just causing everything to take longer.

• Liked: 4
« Reply #1199 on: February 13, 2018, 03:32:51 PM »
Hi all!

So we received an email to let us know that for some reason, my husbands Priority was not used. The email was short, told us that we are entitled to a refund and to click on a link to get the refund and when i did that it took me round in circles and i couldn't work out how to get the £500 refund. They did not say they would make him a priority.

I'm pregnant, waiting with my husband in Costa Rica and am 33 weeks along and can no longer fly back home, and I be damned if my government were going to split me and my husband up so that he could not see his baby for the first couple of months. Which is why I decided to wait with him here. This process has been the most stressful thing I have ever done. We have decided to stay in Costa Rica and have our baby here as I am a Costa Rican citizen and can use their health care for free.

I'm really saddened by this process and when I emailed back we heard nothing.

We applied with priority at the beginning of December. Received the notice that they had all our paperwork on the 8th December. Have heard nothing since.

As we have decided to stay here, and have our baby, I'm at the point now where I dont really care about the visa and wish we had not bothered. I cant let it stress me out anymore. My lawyer does nothing to help either and told me not to complain until after we had an answer and doesnt seem to want to do much more. All in all, i am over the UK and decided I dont even want to live in a country like that anyway. Luckily I work online as a Travel Consultant and can work from here or the UK so we have not been split up due to my work commitments.

I've really appreciated this community of people going through the process like we have been.

Any advice on trying to get a refund for our priority which was never used, please let me know.

Also, we thought about cancelling the process, but my lawyer said that that could cause my hubby problems in the future entering the UK on a tourist visa.

Thanks
Emilie

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab