Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316512 times)

• Liked: 4
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #3270 on: July 20, 2018, 09:47:48 AM »
If your tracking shows that UKVI have your application - they have your application.  Promise.  In all the years I've been on this board, not once has an application not been processed and lost.  What date did they receive the application and did you apply priority?

Hi! Thank you for getting back to me. It's great to have a place to talk to such an understanding group of people.

Tracking says they received our application and all paperwork on Friday 1st June. And yes we did apply priority. Perhaps this is too early days to panic. It just feels like a lifetime.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #3271 on: July 20, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
Hi! Thank you for getting back to me. It's great to have a place to talk to such an understanding group of people.

Tracking says they received our application and all paperwork on Friday 1st June. And yes we did apply priority. Perhaps this is too early days to panic. It just feels like a lifetime.

36 working days from the date your application was received.  Sometimes it takes a week or so to receive the email.  Did you send via UPS?  I have caught onto sending by any other courier can delay the "documents received" email.

I suspect you'll be hearing back any day.  I also suspect your attorney used their email address and you might not get the "decision made" email (or did you complete the application yourself?). 

« Reply #3272 on: July 20, 2018, 10:00:42 AM »
36 working days from the date your application was received.  Sometimes it takes a week or so to receive the email.  Did you send via UPS?  I have caught onto sending by any other courier can delay the "documents received" email.

I suspect you'll be hearing back any day.  I also suspect your attorney used their email address and you might not get the "decision made" email (or did you complete the application yourself?).

We did send via UPS at the UPS store in Ames Iowa, although as we sent it via the quickest method possible I believe it actually gets sent via DHL from them.

I hope we do. I will hold off from writing to the MP for now. My solicitor did indeed use his email, however he confirmed to me that he never received the 'documents received' email either.

« Reply #3273 on: July 23, 2018, 03:24:00 PM »
Well I have just given in and paid to email UK Visas and Immigration with an inquiry. I am super concerned that our solicitor may not  have marked the envelope with our docs in as Priority. (He asked us to mail everything to him first for him to then forward on). So I have emailed asking them to confirm if they are currently processing us as priority. We shall see if this achieves anything at all. Probably unlikely.  :(

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3274 on: July 23, 2018, 03:27:53 PM »
Well I have just given in and paid to email UK Visas and Immigration with an inquiry. I am super concerned that our solicitor may not  have marked the envelope with our docs in as Priority. (He asked us to mail everything to him first for him to then forward on). So I have emailed asking them to confirm if they are currently processing us as priority. We shall see if this achieves anything at all. Probably unlikely.  :(

They won't be able to help you with that unfortunately, no matter what they may end up telling you. They have no access to what is actually happening in Sheffield.
Have you asked your solicitor whether he did or not?

« Reply #3275 on: July 23, 2018, 03:38:08 PM »
They won't be able to help you with that unfortunately, no matter what they may end up telling you. They have no access to what is actually happening in Sheffield.
Have you asked your solicitor whether he did or not?

Oh No! yes I have emailed my solicitor, only to find that he has conveniently taken a 4 week vacation. Perfect!

« Reply #3276 on: July 23, 2018, 03:46:48 PM »
Oh No! yes I have emailed my solicitor, only to find that he has conveniently taken a 4 week vacation. Perfect!

What about asking to speak to his secretary or assistant? I think there's a fairly good chance that he didn't do the actual hands on packing of the application himself.   :)

« Reply #3277 on: July 23, 2018, 03:48:21 PM »

Promise you'll use us for your next application.  :)

« Reply #3278 on: July 23, 2018, 03:49:19 PM »
What about asking to speak to his secretary or assistant? I think there's a fairly good chance that he didn't do the actual hands on packing of the application himself.   :)

That's true! You will be right there.

His out of office says that his secretary will be picking up his emails, so hopefully they will respond. If I don't have response by tomorrow lunch time I will call and ask.

« Reply #3279 on: July 23, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »
Promise you'll use us for your next application.  :)

I promise promise promise! If only we had found you sooner! Amazing site, and such a great group of people!   :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #3280 on: July 23, 2018, 06:53:48 PM »
Hello,

Just  reading this thread and we are in the same position. Our application was received on the 15th June. This might help  your situation but I called the number today as I felt I had to do something. Actually got a really helpful guy who looked up my application to make sure that it was being processed.

He also told me that if I hadn't heard anything by Friday (30 business days) then I should call back on Monday and they would be able to escalate the application. Hopefully what he said was true, but might be worth trying if you are feeling nervous. The number I called was 00 44 203 481 1736.

Hope this helps

« Reply #3281 on: July 23, 2018, 06:55:37 PM »
Hello,

Just  reading this thread and we are in the same position. Our application was received on the 15th June. This might help  your situation but I called the number today as I felt I had to do something. Actually got a really helpful guy who looked up my application to make sure that it was being processed.

He also told me that if I hadn't heard anything by Friday (30 business days) then I should call back on Monday and they would be able to escalate the application. Hopefully what he said was true, but might be worth trying if you are feeling nervous. The number I called was 00 44 203 481 1736.

Hope this helps

I’m afraid it’s not “real”.  There’s no such thing as an escalation.  It’s just a money making call line, I’m afraid.

« Reply #3282 on: July 23, 2018, 06:58:05 PM »
Hello,

Hope this helps

Please don't call. They can't help, honestly. They just tell you what you want to hear and charge you for it. Escalating means nothing.... we've seen it time and time again.

« Reply #3283 on: July 23, 2018, 08:36:54 PM »
O noooo. Thanks for the heads up. Seems like there should be a bunch of apps coming back about the same time. That is going to be good party.

« Reply #3284 on: July 24, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting, but I'm looking for a little advice. I'm a UK-US dual citizen relocating back to the UK for a job. We recently applied for my US citizen husband's spousal visa (priority) using a London-based immigration consultant (not sure if I can name them here or not?).
Biometrics - July 3rd
Application received in Sheffield - July 10th.

Our consultants told us our application was straightforward and that 2-3 weeks would be the expected turn-around time. They advised that we apply in early July in order to be able to arrive in the UK in early-mid August. We (naively, it seems) trusted them. We sold our house and moved in with family, assuming it would be short wait. We are now in what we thought would be our last week of living out of suitcases, and are realising this is optimistic. Our consultants are still maintaining that we will likely get notification next week (around BD 15), but I am now reading these forums and realising that this seems like poor and inaccurate advice. I am trying to understand what we should realistically be planning for. My husband has accepted a job offer in Scotland, and they want him to start as soon as possible. I really need to be in the UK by the 2nd or 3rd week in August to start work, but we also have a 2 year old. I am reluctant to go ahead to the UK without them, but it would be difficult for me to take my son without my husband because I can not afford childcare without a second income and I can not work without childcare. So it's Catch 22.

Can any of you give me some indication of what we are realistically looking at? It does seem from all of your experiences that 30+BD is more realistic (taking us to at least August 20th [a nightmare]). I just not sure if we should trust the optimism of the people we've paid to advise us, and wonder if we need a reality check...
Married American husband: April 1, 2013
Moving from Maryland to Scotland
Application Type: Settlement/Spouse Priority
Biometrics: July 3, 2018
Package arrived in Sheffield / Docs processing email: July 10, 2018
Decision made email: August 17th, 2018
Documents returned:

Sponsored Links