Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 315940 times)

• Liked: 1
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6420 on: July 20, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
I GOT MY VISA!!!

Congratulations! I have to admit - I am a bit jealous.

Hi all, apologies if this is the incorrect place to ask this - but my partner has just applied for her visa to come to the UK (We applied on the 16th, Biometrics on the 1st Aug) - Our hopeful travel date is October 16th. With a non-priority application, is this likely to be met? We were thinking we should just upgrade to priority - hopefully it would speed it up enough to be within the 2 months or so between now and our hopeful date. I'm anxious mainly due to reading a comment a few pages back that said a non-priority visa took 150 working days!

So should we upgrade? I know you can't give me a definitive answer for how long it takes - but does it seem plausible that between now and Oct, it's enough time?

Thank you so much all. The information on this forum is really amazing for someone as stress prone as myself  ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6421 on: July 20, 2019, 12:53:28 PM »
Congratulations! I have to admit - I am a bit jealous.

Hi all, apologies if this is the incorrect place to ask this - but my partner has just applied for her visa to come to the UK (We applied on the 16th, Biometrics on the 1st Aug) - Our hopeful travel date is October 16th. With a non-priority application, is this likely to be met? We were thinking we should just upgrade to priority - hopefully it would speed it up enough to be within the 2 months or so between now and our hopeful date. I'm anxious mainly due to reading a comment a few pages back that said a non-priority visa took 150 working days!

So should we upgrade? I know you can't give me a definitive answer for how long it takes - but does it seem plausible that between now and Oct, it's enough time?

Thank you so much all. The information on this forum is really amazing for someone as stress prone as myself  ;D

I think there is a chance of you making the October date but, as you know, it's by no means guaranteed.
Unfortunately, they no longer permit priority upgrades after the fact.

• Liked: 28
« Reply #6422 on: July 20, 2019, 04:42:17 PM »
I’m just watching my mental health decline as others who sent in their applications after mine have their decision already.
Do they not work in order?
Does this mean they are really scrutinising my application or that they have simply “misplaced” someone’s entire relationship with another human and will get to it when they find it in a month or two?

I just don’t even know what to expect and it’s been 6 weeks with no word, no emails, nothing. What an absolute disgrace I have never felt so disrespected in my life. /rant

I know we're on the same exact timeline so I feel you. When this is all over, we should have a "Thanks for putting our files in the worst pile" party and celebrate the fact that it's all over. Until then, best of luck to us!
Submitted online application: 26 May 2019
Biometrics: 06 June 2019
Documents received in NY: 07 June 2019
Received at Decision Making Centre: 25 June 2019
Decision made email: 31 July 2019
Documents and passport returned:

• Married to British Citizen
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6423 on: July 22, 2019, 02:31:30 AM »
I know we're on the same exact timeline so I feel you. When this is all over, we should have a "Thanks for putting our files in the worst pile" party and celebrate the fact that it's all over. Until then, best of luck to us!

Yes I really hope for the best for both of us! Friday will be 35 WD so I’m waiting until then to email or call.

The email you are sending to the MP how are you going about that? I might bug my husband about sending an email too this week.

EDIT: I finally got the email that my documents were received! Does this mean that my 30 WD start today? I paid for priority and wrote it in the envelope and everything...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 01:49:01 PM by hatakemaara »
Met - Summer 2015
Wedding!! - 18 May 2019
Submitted online application - 01 June 2019
Biometrics appointment - 5 June 2019
Priority application delivered - 7 June 2019
Documents received in UK email - 25 July 2019
Decision made email - 6 Aug 2019
Documents shipped - 7 Aug 2019
Visa received APPROVAL - 9 Aug 2019

• Liked: 9
« Reply #6424 on: July 25, 2019, 03:56:01 PM »
Yes I really hope for the best for both of us! Friday will be 35 WD so I’m waiting until then to email or call.

The email you are sending to the MP how are you going about that? I might bug my husband about sending an email too this week.

EDIT: I finally got the email that my documents were received! Does this mean that my 30 WD start today? I paid for priority and wrote it in the envelope and everything...

No, some people never get their documents were received email. It's hit or miss what it means from what other people have had experience with.   - I hope you get a decision soon. Good luck.
Sold our home : May 30 2019
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : June 04 2019
Biometrics appointment : June 10 2019
Documents sent to NY : June 12 2019
Docs received in Sheffield email : June 18 2019
Decision made email : July 19 2019
Visa Decision : Approved - received passport July 22 2019

« Reply #6425 on: July 25, 2019, 04:19:16 PM »

Hey, sorry for late response. Great you received at least some semblance that you exist!

I had my UK wife send an email to her local MP explaining our situation with all of our relevant numbers (GWF, IHS and my passport number), along with the priority receipt. We were told it has been forwarded to the person who could help us, so who knows what that means.

Today I received an email from Sheffield following up on the call I made Friday asking for my priority receipt/email... I'm certain they wouldn't ask that if they weren't processing it as a priority application. Very annoying, but hopefully that means eyes are on it. I know there is skepticism on calling the outrageously expensive phone line, but for the $12 it cost me I've received my first communication since June 25. I would say that if you do call, have every thing in front of you (I had to look around for the numbers they wanted which cost me extra). They wanted the GWF, IHS and my passport number (which is why I included all of those in my email to the MP).

Best of luck that we both hear something very soon... wasting away over here, but I should feel lucky that I've missed the heatwave lol

• Married to British Citizen
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #6426 on: July 25, 2019, 05:31:26 PM »
Hey, sorry for late response. Great you received at least some semblance that you exist!

I had my UK wife send an email to her local MP explaining our situation with all of our relevant numbers (GWF, IHS and my passport number), along with the priority receipt. We were told it has been forwarded to the person who could help us, so who knows what that means.

Today I received an email from Sheffield following up on the call I made Friday asking for my priority receipt/email... I'm certain they wouldn't ask that if they weren't processing it as a priority application. Very annoying, but hopefully that means eyes are on it. I know there is skepticism on calling the outrageously expensive phone line, but for the $12 it cost me I've received my first communication since June 25. I would say that if you do call, have every thing in front of you (I had to look around for the numbers they wanted which cost me extra). They wanted the GWF, IHS and my passport number (which is why I included all of those in my email to the MP).

Best of luck that we both hear something very soon... wasting away over here, but I should feel lucky that I've missed the heatwave lol

I am glad to hear you are getting some contact as well!

I bit the bullet and sent an e-mail to UK Visas and Immigration, your reply gave me hope lol.
It's 6 quid but it's a bit of peace of mind if they reply in a couple days. I mentioned all the dates and numbers plus the fact I paid for priority so hopefully someone takes it seriously.
Met - Summer 2015
Wedding!! - 18 May 2019
Submitted online application - 01 June 2019
Biometrics appointment - 5 June 2019
Priority application delivered - 7 June 2019
Documents received in UK email - 25 July 2019
Decision made email - 6 Aug 2019
Documents shipped - 7 Aug 2019
Visa received APPROVAL - 9 Aug 2019

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #6427 on: July 25, 2019, 06:42:30 PM »
Typically in summer, priority processing stretches to 9/10 weeks.  It’s people wanting to move before school starts.

While I understand your concern and frustration, do take comfort in it being normal for this time of year.

« Reply #6428 on: July 26, 2019, 02:47:23 PM »
Honest question - is there a way to request a refund for priority service? It appears as though we weren't being processed as such based on this email I received: "I can confirm we have received your evidence of priority service purchased, we have amended your application accordingly and escalated it to the entry clearance team."

"Amended" it meaning it wasn't being processed as priority? This is so frustrating and like I said, I definitely feel ripped off having paid for a service I didn't receive (literally wrote priority all over the package itself and on the folder I put the application inside of!).

« Reply #6429 on: July 26, 2019, 03:03:14 PM »
Honest question - is there a way to request a refund for priority service? It appears as though we weren't being processed as such based on this email I received: "I can confirm we have received your evidence of priority service purchased, we have amended your application accordingly and escalated it to the entry clearance team."

"Amended" it meaning it wasn't being processed as priority? This is so frustrating and like I said, I definitely feel ripped off having paid for a service I didn't receive (literally wrote priority all over the package itself and on the folder I put the application inside of!).

Did you put the priority receipt on the top of your evidence pile when you sent it?

« Reply #6430 on: July 26, 2019, 03:07:07 PM »
Did you put the priority receipt on the top of your evidence pile when you sent it?

Yep, it was right on top. UPS folder had "Priority spouse visa" written on it (didn't know at the time I just needed to write Priority), the application was inside a file folder that also had the same thing written on it, and the priority receipt was right on top.

« Reply #6431 on: July 26, 2019, 03:34:17 PM »
Yep, it was right on top. UPS folder had "Priority spouse visa" written on it (didn't know at the time I just needed to write Priority), the application was inside a file folder that also had the same thing written on it, and the priority receipt was right on top.

Definitely their fault then. There are no time guarantees with priority but as you say, they have essentially admitted that it was not in the priority pile until now.

Did you buy the priority processing through VFS Global or the new service?

« Reply #6432 on: July 26, 2019, 03:52:21 PM »
Definitely their fault then. There are no time guarantees with priority but as you say, they have essentially admitted that it was not in the priority pile until now.

Did you buy the priority processing through VFS Global or the new service?

Went through VFS Global. I'm hoping this "escalation" gets it done soon, but I've learned not to get my hopes up.

« Reply #6433 on: July 26, 2019, 04:01:35 PM »
Went through VFS Global. I'm hoping this "escalation" gets it done soon, but I've learned not to get my hopes up.

Have a look at this thread where there was some success with refunds. It's a bit of a monster so it might be easier to start at the end and work backwards!

You may want to wait until you get your visa and are in the clear though until you start the ball rolling.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=92274.0

« Reply #6434 on: July 26, 2019, 04:10:33 PM »
Have a look at this thread where there was some success with refunds. It's a bit of a monster so it might be easier to start at the end and work backwards!

You may want to wait until you get your visa and are in the clear though until you start the ball rolling.

https://talk.uk-yankee.com/index.php?topic=92274.0

Yeah I'm definitely not adding any more layers of complication to this thing until I get my passport back! Lol but thanks I'll definitely have a look.

Sponsored Links