Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316016 times)

• Liked: 31
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6540 on: September 05, 2019, 02:21:04 PM »
Just received my ‘priority’ decision

Submitted: July 3rd
Biometrics: July 9th
Docs Received: July 19th
Paid email: Aug 22nd
Told not in priority (Mp escalated): Aug 27th
Today - Sept 5th - decision made (no attachment)

Good luck to all and thanks for the advice

I'm so glad they made a decision.  You've waited a long time.  We got our "decision made" email on a Thursday.  The package shipped Friday and we received it on Monday. 

Best of luck to you!

• Liked: 11
« Reply #6541 on: September 05, 2019, 03:28:56 PM »
I'm so glad they made a decision.  You've waited a long time.  We got our "decision made" email on a Thursday.  The package shipped Friday and we received it on Monday. 

Best of luck to you!

Thank you. I am so relieved! Was starting to get tough. I hope it comes tomorrow or Saturday! Fingers crossed

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6542 on: September 12, 2019, 01:37:25 PM »
Hi there -

Getting pretty stressed...

Application Submitted Online: 07/07/19 (48 working days)
Biometric Appointment: 11/07/19 (45 working days)
Documents Delivered in NYC: 15/07/19 (43 working days)
Visa Received Email from UK: 24/07/19
Email UKVI...don't receive a response from my email with the additional info they request if it's past 30 working days: 6/9/19
Call UKVI - confirm I am priority and get application escalated: 12/9/19

The automatically generated email regarding the escalation says they will respond with in 15 working days...the issue being I'm scheduled to move at the end of the month, which I thought had been plenty of time given it'd be nearly 60 working days.  I applied using cash savings, and the only complicated factor was I had cashed out a vanguard mutual fund for part of it and the cash was in 4 different accounts.  So perhaps a bit more bank statements than your average application, but we were well over the minimum threshold and provided detailed summaries to make it a bit easier to process.

Has anyone else been in this position, and if so how long did it take to hear something once your application was "escalated".  At what point do you think it would be worth reaching out to our local MP (we've been avoiding that route given they're obviously, uh, rather busy at the moment having a constitutional crisis).

Thanks all!

« Reply #6543 on: September 12, 2019, 05:08:28 PM »
Hi there -

Email UKVI...don't receive a response from my email with the additional info they request if it's past 30 working days: 6/9/19

The automatically generated email regarding the escalation says they will respond with in 15 working days...the issue being I'm scheduled to move at the end of the month, which I thought had been plenty of time given it'd be nearly 60 working days.  I applied using cash savings, and the only complicated factor was I had cashed out a vanguard mutual fund for part of it and the cash was in 4 different accounts.  So perhaps a bit more bank statements than your average application, but we were well over the minimum threshold and provided detailed summaries to make it a bit easier to process.

Has anyone else been in this position, and if so how long did it take to hear something once your application was "escalated".  At what point do you think it would be worth reaching out to our local MP (we've been avoiding that route given they're obviously, uh, rather busy at the moment having a constitutional crisis).

Thanks all!

I’ve been in the exact same route. Same timeline.
We realised we were’t in Priority probably 30 ish days in. Escalated it to ukvi and at the same time escalated to mp. they confirmed that was the case and we heard 12 ish working days after. I would say expect 10WD from any confirmation you have been escalated.  Don’t panic. This seems common.

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6544 on: September 12, 2019, 07:12:13 PM »
What the two of you have been through sounds like the nightmare scenario once you've paid priority. To have a application languishing because it's been misfiled is dreadful. I hope you get your approval soon, kp
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

« Reply #6545 on: September 12, 2019, 07:41:01 PM »
Hi there -

Thanks all!

We were super stressed too. try to remain calm and realise you’ll be ok. My wife is with me now.

Definitely flag to MP. 0 downside

• Liked: 1
« Reply #6546 on: September 19, 2019, 12:28:21 PM »
Hi all -

Thank you for your responses!  We contacted our MP, and I think that was absolutely the right move...we received an email this morning requesting our priority receipt and with the home office email to send it to.  It's very frustrating because I was told on the phone with the help center I was already a priority application, but perhaps I misunderstood her.  I included my receipt, I marked my envelope in HUGE letters, and ever piece of evidence where I wrote something out I marked at the top priority service...extremely frustrating!!

My advice is definitely do NOT use the email service from UKVI - we had emailed go unanswered and wasted valuable days before calling and being able to get it escalated.  Even then I'm not sure they are the reason we ultimately found out they needed our receipt because of them (I think it was the MP).  So lesson learned...call don't email and definitely don't be cute about bothering your MP. 

Now let's just hope they can get my application processed and my passport back to me before next Saturday when I'm scheduled to fly (a whole 60 working days since my application!).

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6547 on: September 19, 2019, 12:39:06 PM »
Hi all -

Thank you for your responses!  We contacted our MP, and I think that was absolutely the right move...we received an email this morning requesting our priority receipt and with the home office email to send it to.  It's very frustrating because I was told on the phone with the help center I was already a priority application, but perhaps I misunderstood her.  I included my receipt, I marked my envelope in HUGE letters, and ever piece of evidence where I wrote something out I marked at the top priority service...extremely frustrating!!

My advice is definitely do NOT use the email service from UKVI - we had emailed go unanswered and wasted valuable days before calling and being able to get it escalated.  Even then I'm not sure they are the reason we ultimately found out they needed our receipt because of them (I think it was the MP).  So lesson learned...call don't email and definitely don't be cute about bothering your MP. 

Now let's just hope they can get my application processed and my passport back to me before next Saturday when I'm scheduled to fly (a whole 60 working days since my application!).

Thanks for the update. Hopefully things will move very quickly now.. fingers crossed!  :)

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6548 on: September 23, 2019, 04:40:55 PM »
Quick note here to say that Tre received his approval today (25WD). We're both thrilled to be able to make real plans for the next two and a half years :)
Met online: April 2017 | Met in person: March 2018 | Entered relationship: October 2018 | Engaged: Feb 2019 | Wedding: August 2019
Application package sent: 14 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd in New York: 16 Aug 2019 | Package rec'd email: 20 Aug 2019
Decision made email: 19 Sept 2019 (23WD) | Passport received (approval!) 23 Sept (25WD)

• Liked: 31
« Reply #6549 on: September 23, 2019, 06:29:58 PM »
Quick note here to say that Tre received his approval today (25WD). We're both thrilled to be able to make real plans for the next two and a half years :)

Yay!  Congratulations!! 

• Liked: 5
« Reply #6550 on: September 25, 2019, 10:09:42 PM »
Hello, Apologies for posting a slightly repetitive question but I am a little confused on the process once documents have been mailed to New York .

We sent everything via UPS on September 10, and according to the UPS tracking system it was received by someone at the NY address on September 12th. I know it hasn’t been that long, but we haven’t received any sort of confirmation email. Is this normal? Is there really no way to even find out if things are being processed?

It looks like a lot of other people who applied priority (or not) have gotten a “documents/package received” email within a week or so which has me a little worried.

Anyways, thanks so much for any feedback!
Spouse Visa (priority)
Documents sent: 09.10.19
Documents in NY:  09.12.19
Sheffield email : 09.26.19
Decision made email: 10.9.19
Approval!: 10.10.19 (20 WD)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6551 on: September 25, 2019, 10:22:20 PM »
Hello, Apologies for posting a slightly repetitive question but I am a little confused on the process once documents have been mailed to New York .

We sent everything via UPS on September 10, and according to the UPS tracking system it was received by someone at the NY address on September 12th. I know it hasn’t been that long, but we haven’t received any sort of confirmation email. Is this normal? Is there really no way to even find out if things are being processed?

It looks like a lot of other people who applied priority (or not) have gotten a “documents/package received” email within a week or so which has me a little worried.

Although most do, not everyone actually receives an email. Also the timeframe that they are sent in varies significantly. You will most likely still receive one but you may not. In any case do not worry. As long as you have proof that your package reached New York, you know they have it and it will be processed.  :)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #6552 on: September 26, 2019, 11:01:20 AM »

Hi, we had to wait for the confirmation email to. Sent to NY same day as biometric  on 21st August, recieved at NY 23rd due to address change. Confirmation email came through 10 September. Still waiting for a decision though and it is 24WD since delivered to NY and 26WD since Biometric appointment.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 11:10:09 AM by acharris77 »
Fiance Visa Online Application: 14th August 19
Type: Priority
Bio-metric Appointment: 21 August 19
Documents Received in NY: 23 August 19
Confirmation From Sheffield: 10 September
Decision Made Email: 22 October
Visa in Hand and Approved: 23 October

« Reply #6553 on: September 26, 2019, 01:20:32 PM »
Thank you so much for your responses! I will just keep an eye out for the email and try not to worry.

And acharris77 I hope your visa comes through shortly!

Spouse Visa (priority)

« Reply #6554 on: September 26, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »

So of course I received an email today! I just want to confirm that this is the right one though. It doesn’t specify that they have received our supporting documents, and just provides info on how to send them if we haven’t...

This section specifically:

Thank you for your online application which has been received at the UK Decision Making Centre.  Your application is currently being prepared for consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer.

PLEASE NOTE: This email is to acknowledge receipt of your Settlement application, if you or your UK sponsor have not already submitted your supporting documentation please ensure you follow the process listed below: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card. For these locations please refer to:

https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en/news/new-address-for-documentation-when-applying-for-a-uk-settlement-visa [nofollow]

Thank you all again!!
Spouse Visa (priority)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab