Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 315959 times)

• Liked: 3595
Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6750 on: January 22, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »
Congratulations!

We decided to use my wife's maiden name on the application because we didnt want to introduce any additional variables. Namely that all of her work documentation was in her maiden name. My Visa vignette explicitly states my wife's name with maiden name, though we were planning that she'd change it as soon as I got there. How would a name change affect the validity of my visa/visa vignette? And if there is an issue, is there guidance for resolution? This cant be the first time this has happened :p

The visa can ONLY be issued in the name on her passport, and it must match her passport at all times. So, you had no choice with that - you had to use her maiden name.

If she wanted to change her name on her passport and visa, it really needed to be done before you applied for the spousal visa.

In order to change her name on her passport and visa after she has arrived in the U.K., she will need to apply for a new passport through the US Embassy in London (takes about 3-4 weeks), then she must change her name on her BRP Card (Visa) within 3 months, or she can be fined £1,000 and potentially have her visa cancelled.

In order to change her name on the BRP, she will have to apply to UKVI for a change of circumstances. This costs about £160 and takes about 2 months to be processed.

The other option is that she just uses her married name for other things in the UK, but keeps her passport and visa in her maiden name until just before she applies for her next visa in 2.5 years... that way she can change her name on her passport and then hey apply for the next visa in her new name without having to change her BRP Card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 6110
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6751 on: January 22, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »

We got our Visa! (Spouse, US to UK)

Congratulations!!!  ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #6752 on: January 22, 2020, 05:12:50 PM »
Congratulations!

The visa can ONLY be issued in the name on her passport, and it must match her passport at all times. So, you had no choice with that - you had to use her maiden name.

I think the wife is the sponsor.

« Reply #6753 on: January 22, 2020, 06:09:10 PM »
I think the wife is the sponsor.

Oops - sorry.

Just ignore everything I said above! I read and replied quickly on my phone just as I was about to finish work.

• Liked: 9
« Reply #6754 on: January 22, 2020, 07:00:15 PM »
Thank you Ksand and Larrabee, whoever you wonderful people are Haha

Can I ask, ksand, what your advice is given that my wife is the sponsor and not the applicant? (Thank you for replying with all that info anyway!)

Would it be fine if she changed her name but it still shows her maiden name on my documents, or will I need to get updated documents (or least favourably, can she not change her name)
FLR(M) was approved
Applied without solicitor, digitised and uploaded docs myself
Paid for Super Priority and got same-day result
Best advice: Start your actual application online a year out, best way to really find out what you need

Priority Spouse Visa, applied from USA:
-Online application submission - 19 Dec 2019
-Biometrics taken (walked in a week early) 20 Dec
-Online application received in Sheffield email - 23 Dec
-Decision email on 20th January 2020 (18 WD)
-Pp arrived on 22nd Jan (I provided my own UPS return label/envelop

« Reply #6755 on: January 22, 2020, 07:34:39 PM »
Thank you Ksand and Larrabee, whoever you wonderful people are Haha

Can I ask, ksand, what your advice is given that my wife is the sponsor and not the applicant? (Thank you for replying with all that info anyway!)

Would it be fine if she changed her name but it still shows her maiden name on my documents, or will I need to get updated documents (or least favourably, can she not change her name)

There’s no advice to give. If she wants to change her name, then she can change her name.

It doesn’t matter which name is on her documents, or even if she has a mixture of both names. Your marriage certificate will show she is the same person.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #6756 on: January 24, 2020, 02:09:11 PM »
Received my decision email this morning. 14WD since my biometrics.

The short period of time between biometrics and decision is kind of freaking me out, but I'm probably just being paranoid. Fingers crossed and I hope everyone else is hanging in there!
DEC 22: Online Application (Priority)
JAN 6: Biometrics
JAN 8: Docs received in NY
JAN 9: Text "The VFS Processing Hub in NY has received your application package. UKVI will not consider you UK visa applications"
JAN 16: Email from Sheffield saying application was being prepared for consideration
JAN 24: Decision made email
JAN 27: Approval letter received!

« Reply #6757 on: January 24, 2020, 02:13:59 PM »
Received my decision email this morning. 14WD since my biometrics.

Congratulations :D!

The short period of time between biometrics and decision is kind of freaking me out, but I'm probably just being paranoid. Fingers crossed and I hope everyone else is hanging in there!

No, it's a good thing! Fast decisions are usually approvals... because if they're going to refuse a visa, they spend much longer looking at it before making a decision. Back when Sheffield only processed visas from 4 countries, it was normal to get a priority decision within 1-5 working days. Unfortunately, when they expanded that to many more countries the processing times increased to about 30-60 working days (priority and non-priority).

Remember, it only takes 1-2 hours to make a decision and issue a visa once someone looks at it, so the faster turnaround likely just means either that there weren't many applications waiting in line ahead of yours, or that they've managed to increase their productivity/staff numbers so they can get through the applications quicker.

• Liked: 12
« Reply #6758 on: January 24, 2020, 03:26:20 PM »
that was SO quick!! congratulations :)

« Reply #6759 on: January 24, 2020, 04:10:56 PM »

No, it's a good thing! Fast decisions are usually approvals... because if they're going to refuse a visa, they spend much longer looking at it before making a decision. Back when Sheffield only processed visas from 4 countries, it was normal to get a priority decision within 1-5 working days. Unfortunately, when they expanded that to many more countries the processing times increased to about 30-60 working days (priority and non-priority).

ksand24 you are the hero we all need here. Thank you for all your reassurance and advice. I guess I was paranoid I made a stupid mistake that would make it a quick denial. *IF* for some reason my visa was denied, do they include a letter stating the reason with your returned documents or anything? How does that work?
JAN 9: Text "The VFS Processing Hub in NY has received your application package. UKVI will not consider you UK visa applications"
JAN 16: Email from Sheffield saying application was being prepared for consideration

• Liked: 13
« Reply #6760 on: January 24, 2020, 04:21:51 PM »
EHannaway, I really think given the quick turnaround that you are going to be approved!

They do send a letter with a denial.  I posted mine in full a few pages back
Application for a spouse visa for my USA wife.  She and our one year old daughter remain in Houston whilst I await their arrival in Aberdeen.

OCT 30th    Online application (settlement premium application package)
NOV 1st      Biometrics at VFS Houston
NOV 4th       UKVI EMAIL ECO
DEC 10th     Denial letter received citing insufficient evidence to support US self-employment income

JAN 10th      2nd Online Application Submitted (Premium)
JAN 13th      Biometrics and scanning at VFS Houston
FEB 6th  Decision Made Email
FEB 7th VISA received!!!

« Reply #6761 on: January 28, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
any news yet @JBinAberdeen ? It's only been 10 working days since my biometric appt, but i'm starting to get SO antsy.  I hope they're sticking with this 14 day trend which means I might know by Friday or early next week. This waiting is srsly the worst..

« Reply #6762 on: January 28, 2020, 09:10:29 PM »
After the most agonizing over-weekend wait for UPS to deliver my package (wish I had known "next day air doesn't count on weekends), got my passport with approval letter yesterday!

« Reply #6763 on: January 28, 2020, 09:48:47 PM »
After the most agonizing over-weekend wait for UPS to deliver my package (wish I had known "next day air doesn't count on weekends), got my passport with approval letter yesterday!

« Reply #6764 on: January 28, 2020, 09:57:55 PM »
Congrats!!!

Sponsored Links