Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316748 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #6795 on: February 06, 2020, 01:24:34 PM »

Last time we received this email a rejection letter was attached.  No attachment this time - can I be excited?

Interesting. I have noticed several times people mentioning that they had no attachment but I had always wondered where that came from as I hadn't read of anyone who had had an attachment. Looks like you can be excited!

Regarding sending the passport. The important thing will be the dates on the vignette. Which one did you choose as your anticipated travel date? Bear in mind though that they don't always honour it and there is really no way to know until you get the passport back.

Congratulations on the email and good luck!

• Liked: 12
« Reply #6796 on: February 06, 2020, 02:11:48 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhhhhh congrats!!!!!!! :) :) How great! you guys can celebrate when you're there :)

• Liked: 8
« Reply #6797 on: February 06, 2020, 08:23:26 PM »
I work in Maidenhead.  :D

amazing! the town center is really building up these days.
Priority Spouse Visa

JAN 7, 2020: submitted online application
JAN 13: biometrics taken
JAN 14: passport and documents sent via UPS
JAN 15: documents received in NY
JAN 16: email stating application received and being reviewed
JAN 30, 2020: email, decision made; 13WD from Bio
JAN 31, 2020: Passport Received! Yes!

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6798 on: February 07, 2020, 01:24:17 PM »
AAAAHHHHHHHH! My wife just facetimed me to say she received this a couple of hours ago - decision made email!!!

"Dear

Regarding Visa Application:         

For:

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.

If you applied via a US Dept. of Homeland Security Application Support Centre or a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk.

You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards

Sheffield Visa Section"

We elected to keep my wife's passport.  Any idea how quickly VFS are likely to be in touch? 

Last time we received this email a rejection letter was attached.  No attachment this time - can I be excited?

Any ideas whether their is a limited window to bring the passport in to have the VISA stamped in?  I arrive into Houston tomorrow and we are going away for a week on holiday together.  I don't want to miss our chance to pick this thing up.

Congratulations and good luck! No attachment sounds like a good sign!! I'm so excited for you.
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 13
« Reply #6799 on: February 07, 2020, 09:30:14 PM »
AAAAHHHHHHHH! My wife just facetimed me to say she received this a couple of hours ago - decision made email!!!
E
"Dear

Regarding Visa Application:         

For:

A decision has been made on your UK Visa application.

If you applied via a US Dept. of Homeland Security Application Support Centre or a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to have your passport mailed back to you directly, that will take place shortly.

If you submitted your application via a VFS Premium Application Centre and chose to collect your passport in person at the end of the process, they will be in contact with you to provide further guidance.

If anyone contacts you advising that your application is still under consideration or that they can influence the outcome of your application in any way, they cannot - please report any such approach to VisaSheffield@homeoffice.gov.uk.

You should not expect to receive any further emails from this office.

Regards

Sheffield Visa Section"

We elected to keep my wife's passport.  Any idea how quickly VFS are likely to be in touch? 

Any ideas whether their is a limited window to bring the passport in to have the VISA stamped in?  I arrive into Houston tomorrow and we are going away for a week on holiday together.  I don't want to miss our chance to pick this thing up.
the

That is exactly what my letter said and I was approved...looking good!!!
OCT 28 2019   ONLINE PRIORITY SPOUSAL VISA APPLICATION
NOV 5, 2019    BIOMETRICS
NOV 6, 2019    UKVI EMAIL-ONLINE APPLICATION RECEIVED
NOV 7, 2019    DOCS SCANNED IN UK/PASSPORT R'CVD IN NY
NOV 28, 2019  DECISION MADE EMAIL (17WD - BIOMETRICS)
DEC 4, 2019     VISA RECIEVED-APPROVED -  21WD TOTAL
DEC 30, 2019   ARRIVED IN THE U.K.

« Reply #6800 on: February 11, 2020, 02:16:33 PM »
GUYS!!! I got my email :) :) :) same exact letter, no attachment!! Hoping this means good news!!!! 21 WD from the day I submitted my application and my biometrics appointment.

« Reply #6801 on: February 11, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »
GUYS!!! I got my email :) :) :) same exact letter, no attachment!! Hoping this means good news!!!! 21 WD from the day I submitted my application and my biometrics appointment.

Exciting!!! Fingers crossed for you!  :)

« Reply #6802 on: February 11, 2020, 09:25:47 PM »
How long does it typically take for them to send your passport back after the email has come? I've paid for next day air with UPS, so I keep obsessively checking the tracking, but it says it hasn't shipped yet.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #6803 on: February 11, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »
How long does it typically take for them to send your passport back after the email has come? I've paid for next day air with UPS, so I keep obsessively checking the tracking, but it says it hasn't shipped yet.

Well, the email comes from Sheffield, but it’s New York that actually issue the visa into your passport, then package it up and mail it back to you.

So it depends on:
- how quickly New York get the notification to issue the visa
- how quickly they issue it and package it up for shipping
- when it’s actually picked up by UPS... and I believe they only pick up once a day.

So, it can be anywhere from a few hours to a couple of days between receiving the email and your package being shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #6804 on: February 11, 2020, 10:01:19 PM »
ugh more waiting  :o I assumed it would be right away but that makes sense haha 

• Liked: 24
« Reply #6805 on: February 12, 2020, 01:41:42 AM »

Congratulations and good luck!
30/10/2019: Submitted online application for spouse visa
08/11/2019: Biometrics taken
09/12/2019: Passport received via UPS. Approved!
30/12/2019: Arrived in UK
04/09/2022: Submitted online application for FLR(M)
01/10/2022: Biometric Appointment

• Liked: 8
« Reply #6806 on: February 12, 2020, 07:00:26 PM »

I received my email on Thursday, Jan 30th. The UPS tracker didn't update until the following morning. I received my passport (with UPS next day air pre-paid) Friday, Jan 31st.

Hope that helps at all!
Priority Spouse Visa

JAN 7, 2020: submitted online application
JAN 13: biometrics taken
JAN 14: passport and documents sent via UPS
JAN 15: documents received in NY
JAN 16: email stating application received and being reviewed
JAN 30, 2020: email, decision made; 13WD from Bio
JAN 31, 2020: Passport Received! Yes!

« Reply #6807 on: February 13, 2020, 03:09:59 PM »
Thanks all!

I was too antsy after getting my email- I had no more patience for waiting haha The UPS tracker didn't update until yesterday morning, and I got my passport yesterday afternoon!! It was an approval with an entry date of Feb 18th!!! My hubby and I are so thrilled and relieved!!!  We're so appreciative of all the help/advice received. This has been an amazing resource, and we couldn't have done it without this forum :)

« Reply #6808 on: February 13, 2020, 03:15:05 PM »
Thanks all!

I was too antsy after getting my email- I had no more patience for waiting haha The UPS tracker didn't update until yesterday morning, and I got my passport yesterday afternoon!! It was an approval with an entry date of Feb 18th!!! My hubby and I are so thrilled and relieved!!!  We're so appreciative of all the help/advice received. This has been an amazing resource, and we couldn't have done it without this forum :)

Hoorah!  ;D. Congratulations!!!  [smiley=balloon.gif]

• Liked: 768
« Reply #6809 on: February 13, 2020, 06:24:44 PM »
I'm waiting on my FLR(M) decision,  2nd extension.  My biometrics appointment was Jan 3rd in Edinburgh. 

Today I missed a delivery from secure DX requiring a signature.  Only one thing I'm expecting from DX. I'm having it redelivered to my work tomorrow so I'm expecting that it was approved.

My letter will probably arrive tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab