Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)  (Read 316001 times)

• Liked: 13
Re: Priority Spouse Visa FALL Timeline (Oct-Dec)
« Reply #870 on: January 12, 2018, 05:32:56 PM »
Just got an email saying they’ve made a decision! I’m so nervous. It seems way too soon, and I’m worried that some of my documents (particularly the bank details) weren’t in the correct format  :-\\\\ 

Congrats on the email!
Yes I am feeling the same.  Trying to imagine what I could've messed up.
 I'm hoping since a few of us got quick turnarounds they're all straightforward apps that got approved.. and the rest of the lovely people who have been waiting longer will get theirs soon too!
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 05:34:31 PM by sunshine »
Type of Application: Settlement Visa (Priority)
Biometrics: 5 Jan '18
Application sent: 5 Jan' 18
Application received in Sheffield: 8 Jan
Application received email: 8 Jan
Decision email received: 12 Jan
Passport received: 15 Jan - APPROVED!!
Flight to UK: 9 Feb

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #871 on: January 12, 2018, 05:48:47 PM »
Just got an email saying they’ve made a decision! I’m so nervous. It seems way too soon, and I’m worried that some of my documents (particularly the bank details) weren’t in the correct format  :-\\\\

Application submitted: Dec 21
Biometrics: Dec 29th
Documents Sent: Jan 2
Docs Arrive in Sheffield: Jan 8
Confirmation Email: Jan 9
Decision Email: Jan 12

I hope the fast processing means it was a straightforward yes rather than a straightforward no. Now more waiting and feeling incredibly anxious  :-\\\\

Fingers crossed for you nomad.  :)

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #872 on: January 12, 2018, 06:55:19 PM »
To those who are frustrated by waiting longer (USA applicants), it's all to skew statistics to show that overall they are meeting processing standards (12 weeks).  If they process some of the recently received applications, it helps close the gap.

To the non-USA applications, this is where it's hard to watch USA applications.  As they are usually processed much more quickly than any other country (though Canada seems to be a tiny bit quicker).

• Liked: 79
« Reply #873 on: January 13, 2018, 09:43:18 AM »
Is it high hopes that an email may come on a Saturday lol .. I've been trying to distract myself from checking my email 500 times a day 😕
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

« Reply #874 on: January 13, 2018, 09:55:55 AM »
I would not bother checking on Saturday or Sunday.  Those usually come when there is a big backlog.  About as common as unicorns.  Try to unplug and enjoy your weekends as much as possible.  :)

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #875 on: January 14, 2018, 02:56:27 PM »
I just got my decision e-mail on the 11th!!! I can't believe how fast it was!

Fingers crossed for an approval! I'm so excited and nervous at the same time!

w00t!!!  ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Portable Weirdness
« Reply #876 on: January 14, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
I got my decision email!  I'm so anxious, I pray it's an approval!  Also today is my birthday so I'm hoping that's some extra luck!! ;)

Docs Received Email: 8 Jan
Decision Email: 12 Jan

Excellent!! Happy Belated, BTW  ;0)
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• Portable Weirdness
« Reply #877 on: January 14, 2018, 02:57:41 PM »

Application submitted: Dec 21
Biometrics: Dec 29th
Documents Sent: Jan 2
Docs Arrive in Sheffield: Jan 8
Confirmation Email: Jan 9
Decision Email: Jan 12

I hope the fast processing means it was a straightforward yes rather than a straightforward no. Now more waiting and feeling incredibly anxious  :-\\\\

Awesomeness!!  ;0)

• Portable Weirdness
« Reply #878 on: January 14, 2018, 02:59:58 PM »
Congrats to people who got their visas! I am still waiting since the 8th December. I'm confused as to why some of us have been waiting so long and others are hearing so quickly. It seems like a very unfair system. I know I'm a little different as my hubby is Costa Rican and we applied via the Colombia office but it seems a little unfair for those who are still waiting.

We actually found a number to call in Colombia and they told us we would hear within 15 working days. That was last Wednesday, so hopefully this month! I'm 28 weeks pregnant and decided to stay with my husband in Costa Rica in case I wasn't able to fly and in case his Visa took a while or was denied. I can fly up to 36 weeks, which of course I would prefer to fly sooner than later.

I hope all those that have been waiting for more than a month hear really soon! Good luck everyone!

Applied online:1st December 2018
Bio-metrics and Docs scanned in Panama City: 6th December
Arrived in Colombia: 8th December
Email confirmation from Colombia: 8th December
Decision made:
Docs returned:
Flight to UK:

Congrats on the new family member! (throws good luck at you)

• Liked: 13
« Reply #879 on: January 15, 2018, 02:05:17 AM »
Quick question! According to UPS my package should come tomorrow, but I have to leave my house by 2pm for work and there's a good chance it's going to arrive after I leave. Does it just go to my local UPS location and I can pick it up and sign for it the next day, or does someone HAVE to be home when it arrives?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 02:35:36 AM by roamingbee »
UK Spouse Visa(Priority):
Applied Online: 02/01/2018
Biometrics: 05/01/2018
Sent off Documents: 06/01/2018
Documents Received in Sheffield: 09/01/2018
Decision E-mail: 11/01/2018
Documents Received(approved): 15/01/2018
Flight to Belfast: 03/02/2018

EU Settlement-Family member of an eligible person of Northern Ireland
Applied Online-27/08/2020
Biometrics at Sopra Steria-Belfast-10/09/2020
E-mail Confirmation of Received Application- 14/09/2020
Request for Further Documents- 24/09/2020
Approved-20/10/2020
New BRP Received-27/10/2020

• Liked: 10
« Reply #880 on: January 15, 2018, 02:45:52 AM »
Sometimes don’t know if reading this forum helps or hurts, but then I tell myself at least I’m not alone (which up until my husband found this site I most definitely felt I was). Anxiously awaiting my decision as I am praying I can be back in the UK by the beginning of Feb. Been apart from my husband for nearly 2 months  :(

Quick question - when you get the decision email, they don’t tell you the decision that was made? I thought I would have immediate relief, but seems like it may make my heart explode  ;)

Application submitted: December 25
Biometrics Complete: January 5
Documents sent: January 5 (priority)
Confirmation Email (after a slight panic attack inducing misstep from UPS): Jan 10

Confirmation Email (after a slight panic attack inducing misstep from UPS): Jan 10
Decision Email: February 20
Passport returned: February 22 APPROVED!

« Reply #881 on: January 15, 2018, 06:14:14 AM »
Sometimes don’t know if reading this forum helps or hurts, but then I tell myself at least I’m not alone (which up until my husband found this site I most definitely felt I was). Anxiously awaiting my decision as I am praying I can be back in the UK by the beginning of Feb. Been apart from my husband for nearly 2 months  :(

Quick question - when you get the decision email, they don’t tell you the decision that was made? I thought I would have immediate relief, but seems like it may make my heart explode  ;)

No, unfortunately they don’t give you the decision in the email, it will just tell you that a decision has been made. Good luck.  :)

« Reply #882 on: January 15, 2018, 06:31:39 AM »
Quick question! According to UPS my package should come tomorrow, but I have to leave my house by 2pm for work and there's a good chance it's going to arrive after I leave. Does it just go to my local UPS location and I can pick it up and sign for it the next day, or does someone HAVE to be home when it arrives?

I think some people have been able to pick it up from the depot. You should call them to see if they can do that for you.  :)

« Reply #883 on: January 15, 2018, 08:53:25 AM »

They usually just dump the envelope and run.  No one needs to be home.

« Reply #884 on: January 15, 2018, 09:36:39 AM »
They usually just dump the envelope and run.  No one needs to be home.

That’s true but not ideal when all of your life is in that envelope. If there’s even a chance that someone could take it from your doorstep, I’d see about having them hold it.  :)

Sponsored Links