Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Boardgame Meetup  (Read 17330 times)

• Liked: 14
Re: Boardgame Meetup
« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2018, 08:42:46 PM »
Even better, say something bad about Scotland and you'll meet plenty of them!  Or ask about Brave heart, or the Loch Ness Monster....
Hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Documents sent:  Oct 2, 2017
Documents recd:  Oct 4, 2017
Approved:  Oct 4, 2017
Arrived in UK:  Nov 2, 2017

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2018, 08:45:51 PM »
I do like to make fun of people (silently in my head) when they think they are special.  You know, "the only gay in the village" kind of thing.  But I genuinely do think you are the only American in like a 100 mile radius.   ;D

Meanwhile XOD and I could totally meet up at Burger King in five minutes....  and she's pretty badass!

Curses!  When I get a car, I'm totally going to drive for hours so I can force myself into the group.  Who cares if "petrol" is two-and-a-half times the cost of "gas" in the US?
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2018, 09:43:57 AM »

Meanwhile XOD and I could totally meet up at Burger King in five minutes....  and she's pretty badass!

hahaha or we could meet up in 5 minutes and drive to Taco Bell :p

If you saw what game me and my husband were playing last night, you certainly wouldn't think I was a badass hahaha I will take the compliment though! It is nice having somebody awesome like KF nearby!

Curses!  When I get a car, I'm totally going to drive for hours so I can force myself into the group.  Who cares if "petrol" is two-and-a-half times the cost of "gas" in the US?

You'd never be forcing yourself into the group :) You'd be more than welcomed!!
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2018, 10:28:23 AM »

TACO BELL?!?  Why have we not done this yet?  Probaby because I can't eat anything... hopefully that'll change before long.

JF - TOTALLY welcome.

XOD, we've been playing board games designed for 3 year old's lately.  It's where the whole DAMN IT discussion came from.  Every time my husband rolled...  "DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!"

Boardgame Meetup
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2018, 10:33:18 AM »
TACO BELL?!?  Why have we not done this yet?  Probaby because I can't eat anything... hopefully that'll change before long.

JF - TOTALLY welcome.

XOD, we've been playing board games designed for 3 year old's lately.  It's where the whole DAMN IT discussion came from.  Every time my husband rolled...  "DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!"

We can compromise with a KFC for the time being then? I really hope that you can eat Taco Bell soon so we can take a journey to Woking (it's not even bad! only like 25-ish mins from mine!).

hahaha I was loving the "DAMN IT!" question on FB Was telling my husband about it last night when we were playing our game last night.

This is what we played last night. We ended up stopping before we finished as I wanted to go to bed. Was taking a fair chunk of time haha
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:35:10 AM by x0Kiss0fDeath »
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2018, 10:37:42 AM »
My husband is definitely the more conservative of the two of us.  If I raise my middle finger, he clutches his pearls...   ::)

Yet, he said he would see no issue with our three year old copying him and saying "Damn it!"  Talk about a "WHAT?!?" moment.  I'm not innocent.  There are definitely things I say in front of my kids that I shouldn't.  We were definitely laughing over our differences.  He spelled Bugger and said he would NEVER say that in front of her.  I was looking at him like he had 4 heads.  I then had to Urban Dictionary "bugger".  You learn something new every day.   ;D

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2018, 10:42:24 AM »
My husband is definitely the more conservative of the two of us.  If I raise my middle finger, he clutches his pearls...   ::)

Yet, he said he would see no issue with our three year old copying him and saying "Damn it!"  Talk about a "WHAT?!?" moment.  I'm not innocent.  There are definitely things I say in front of my kids that I shouldn't.  We were definitely laughing over our differences.  He spelled Bugger and said he would NEVER say that in front of her.  I was looking at him like he had 4 heads.  I then had to Urban Dictionary "bugger".  You learn something new every day.   ;D

I feel like I now need to urban dictionary bugger as I totally didn't aware it was THAT bad of a word! hahaha I think every parent (at least from the experiences I've witnessed first hand) has a moment where they say something they shouldn't. Nobody is perfect. my sister is SUCH a good mom but she definitely has said things in front of her kids by accident that she *knows* she shouldn't have. But I do think it's hilarious how culturally different the US and UK are in that respect. Words that sound like not a biggy or silly to those from over here are ones we'd never want our kids repeating and vice versa.

...Going to go urban dictionary that now...haha
My, how time flies....

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2018, 10:51:58 AM »

First you break me...

And then you build me back up.

You know, if Full Metal Jacket is to be believed, the Marines use this same technique in their training.  But one day, we will meet up at the Taco Bell most central to all of us!

When I was about 6 years old, I won "shotgun" and was sitting in the front seat of my mom's Pinto.  We were at a stoplight... my mother had put it in park for the red light and moved it to drive just before the light changed.  It turned green and we started to roll forward just as I reached for the shifter and somehow managed to move it from drive to reverse as I said "What's this do?"

My sister and I learned words that day.  :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:53:41 AM by jfkimberly »

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2018, 10:58:41 AM »

You know, if Full Metal Jacket is to be believed, the Marines use this same technique in their training.  But one day, we will meet up at the Taco Bell most central to all of us!

I'm just building up the anticipation so you don't regret wanting to hang out with us! hahahahahahah

And bugger...OH MY WORD! hahaha I am blushing at my desk thinking about the times I've used that publicly.... Oops.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 957
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2018, 11:01:44 AM »
First you break me...

And then you build me back up.

When I was about 6 years old, I won "shotgun" and was sitting in the front seat of my mom's Pinto.  We were at a stoplight... my mother had put it in park for the red light and moved it to drive just before the light changed.  It turned green and we started to roll forward just as I reached for the shifter and somehow managed to move it from drive to reverse as I said "What's this do?"

My sister and I learned words that day.  :)
Well, no taco bell for me... But I should hopefully be in the vicinity of KFDancer and KOD soon!

Game nights or girls days out would make me quite happy. Once I have a car I'm willing to drive to Wales too, fresh country air! My husbands parents are in Bournemouth and I know you're beyond that but maybe sometime we can make a weekend of it. And as much as petrol costs here, I think for most journeys around the country it's as cheap as the train now. :(

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2018, 11:02:23 AM »
I'm just building up the anticipation so you don't regret wanting to hang out with us! hahahahahahah

And bugger...OH MY WORD! hahaha I am blushing at my desk thinking about the times I've used that publicly.... Oops.
Oh dear. Now I need to know what that means too!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 11:05:55 AM »
Well, no taco bell for me... But I should hopefully be in the vicinity of KFDancer and KOD soon!

You will indeed!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 11:19:36 AM »

How did he get through your post-ILR photo?!

Nah... you guys will regret letting me know what part of the world you live in.

]
He spelled Bugger and said he would NEVER say that in front of her.  I was looking at him like he had 4 heads.  I then had to Urban Dictionary "bugger".  You learn something new every day.   ;D
Oh dear. Now I need to know what that means too!

I knew that one!  What I didn't know is that the c-word isn't quite as weightless as I thought it was over here (obviously, I would NEVER say it around Americans!).  My husband was a bad influence on me.

Game nights or girls days out would make me quite happy. Once I have a car I'm willing to drive to Wales too, fresh country air! My husbands parents are in Bournemouth and I know you're beyond that but maybe sometime we can make a weekend of it. And as much as petrol costs here, I think for most journeys around the country it's as cheap as the train now. :(

Making a weekend of it would be the most efficient use of fuel.  When our house is fixed I'll host a pizza/barbecue party.  Warning: this will be some time in the rather distant future.  We're currently making our house worse, not better.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 11:24:50 AM by jfkimberly »

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2018, 11:24:25 AM »
I knew that one!  What I didn't know is that the c-word isn't quite as weightless as I thought it was over here (obviously, I would NEVER say it around Americans!).  My husband was a bad influence on me.

It's funny because I think Americans tend to think the C-bomb is used as casually as they appear to use it in Australia. While it's used far more in a casual setting here than in the US, it's DEFINITELY still offensive. It all depends on where you are/who you're speaking to. My husband literally winces in pain if he hears people use the c-word! When people form the US say to him "but you guys use the c-word all the time, don't you?" or something of that nature he's like "OMG ABSOLUTELY NOT!"

I do accidentally drop the f-bomb A LOT. My husband asked me if I was a sailor the other day because I said it a few times when telling him a story about something that was exceptionally irritating. I was like "what are you on about???" and he was like "Well you're swearing so much, you probably should be!"
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2018, 11:28:55 AM »
I was surprised to hear that Twat is quite a strong word here.

Sponsored Links