Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Wahhhhh!  (Read 1293 times)

• Liked: 4985
Wahhhhh!
« on: November 08, 2017, 01:23:19 PM »
I didn’t get the job at Waterloo. I’m totally bummed.  Not gutted as I didn’t want that commute...  but definitely bummed out.  I could have done that job and done it well.

There is just NOTHING out there.  And certainly not near home.  Feeling a bit defeated today!

• Liked: 6110
Re: Wahhhhh!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »
Don't be bummed, something better will come along that won't have that horrible commute.

Make the most of having baba full time a bit longer.  :)

• Liked: 41
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
Come and do my job, i'll be leaving it soon! Sorry to hear you didn't get it though.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 01:33:25 PM »
Just focus on that commute and you will feel better.  The drivers were on strike today, making mine Hellish. 
My magic 8 ball says something good will come.

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 01:47:39 PM »
Yeah, the train hasn’t been running the last two days due to a fire on the line.  I need to remind myself of this!  I WANT to be around my kids and don’t want to spend upwards of three hours a day commuting.

But damn...  there’s just nothing out there right now.  This opportunity gave me a much needed boost to life!

• Liked: 49
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 03:20:21 PM »
Sorry to hear. Something better and closer to your kiddos may come around!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

• Liked: 957
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 07:07:48 PM »
Can your job be done remotely? I'd keep an eye open for work from home roles at your level :)

I'm sorry you didn't get it, but at least it does save you from the hellish commute! I'm sure there will be more opportunities soon.

I'm a bit scared, but hoping in January there will be postings in my field and my hip has healed enough to commute some (Vodafone seems to be constantly looking for "me", but I couldn't find enough info on their culture. That many repeated postings makes me wonder!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 07:18:41 PM »
Can your job be done remotely? I'd keep an eye open for work from home roles at your level :)

I'm sorry you didn't get it, but at least it does save you from the hellish commute! I'm sure there will be more opportunities soon.

I'm a bit scared, but hoping in January there will be postings in my field and my hip has healed enough to commute some (Vodafone seems to be constantly looking for "me", but I couldn't find enough info on their culture. That many repeated postings makes me wonder!)

My job has been remote before.  This was a smaller company, so the team was local.  All depends if I want to work for a large corporate conglomerate or switch to a smaller company.

My last role was remote which was great as I was pregnant and rather ill.  At least there were no embarrassing situations in the office!

I'd like a nice mix of office and home.  I get more done at home but learn more about the pulse of business if in the office.

I can talk to you about Vodafone!  PM me.  Former colleague is there and I've bent his ear!

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2017, 07:20:59 PM »
And I'm now grumpy with my husband as he hasn't been too sensitive about my blow.  And he's still moaning about being achey after being sick last week.   ::)

God help us, next Wednesday he gets fixed.  I suspect he'll take longer than any other man EVER to recover.   :o

• Liked: 957
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 07:51:55 PM »
And I'm now grumpy with my husband as he hasn't been too sensitive about my blow.  And he's still moaning about being achey after being sick last week.   ::)

God help us, next Wednesday he gets fixed.  I suspect he'll take longer than any other man EVER to recover.   :o
Aw. That's the complete opposite of my husband! He tries not to ever let on when he's not feeling well. You'll just have to treat him with some extra gluten free goodies as bribes ;)

I still have to put together recipes for you, so you will have a PM soon! This board is seriously excellent for networking!

I like the mix of office and remote, and flexible scheduling (i.e. - get your job done but the exact hours don't matter as much as long as you don't miss meetings and put in enough time) so I'm hoping I can find that again. My current office environment is not remote positive, it's seen as a last option not something to be done regularly.

• Liked: 21
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2017, 10:08:49 PM »
It may take time, but something better will come up! At least you don't have to make that commute everyday. I started a new job a couple weeks ago, and hearing about other colleagues' hellish commutes to get there makes me very grateful it's just a 25 minute drive for me. The organization is kind of in the sticks, so from where I live it's all country roads to get there too. I have it easy!

Aw. That's the complete opposite of my husband! He tries not to ever let on when he's not feeling well.

Mine too! He also never gets sick. Seriously. I'm the big crybaby when I'm sick.
4/2015 Married
7/2015 Spousal visa granted
8/2015 Moved to England
10/2020 ILR granted

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
I'm really sorry that you didn't get the job.  Totally sucks to go through that many rounds of interviews to not get it  :\\\'( :\\\'(
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

• Liked: 676
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 12:04:15 PM »
I didn’t get the job at Waterloo. I’m totally bummed.  Not gutted as I didn’t want that commute...  but definitely bummed out.  I could have done that job and done it well.

There is just NOTHING out there.  And certainly not near home.  Feeling a bit defeated today!

Oh, bummer.  :(   Hoping something better comes along now!

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2017, 12:07:33 PM »
I think this needs to be said:  Their loss!

From what I know about you, you would've been better for them than they could ever have hoped for.  The fact they went a different way in the end just proves how much they need you and don't even know it.  Too bad for them!  :)

Meanwhile, do as jimbo said and remind yourself of that terrible commute you won't have to make.  Their decision stings, I know, but at least you aren't torn between rejecting an offer or agreeing to making that commute on a regular basis.  I wouldn't want that choice!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2017, 12:59:58 PM »
I think this needs to be said:  Their loss!

From what I know about you, you would've been better for them than they could ever have hoped for.  The fact they went a different way in the end just proves how much they need you and don't even know it.  Too bad for them!  :)

Meanwhile, do as jimbo said and remind yourself of that terrible commute you won't have to make.  Their decision stings, I know, but at least you aren't torn between rejecting an offer or agreeing to making that commute on a regular basis.  I wouldn't want that choice!

That’s very kind.  I know I don’t want to commute.  So yes, it is a big weight off to not worry about that aspect.

I’ve been a bit down being on maternity leave.  I know I am INCREDIBLY lucky to have this time with my baby.  And I do appreciate it.  But sometimes I just feel like a milk machine and I’m covered in vomit and other lovely things.  And I miss my working life.  But I know this time is incredibly short in the grand scheme of things...  but the days can be very long!

I’ve been doing really good at making lots of plans lately so that I’m getting more adult conversation in!  Makes me feel a bit more like ME and less like
Mommy.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab