Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: NHS treatment  (Read 1598 times)

• Liked: 37
NHS treatment
« on: November 14, 2017, 05:21:41 PM »
Hi just hoping someone can provide some clarification on this subject.
My husband is a us citizen with his immigration approved, he is one year post stroke and I have registered him with my GP,  however I'm a little concerned about his condition and recently arranged an appointment for him after which the doctor said she'd give me a call after reading his notes.  Today I heard from the doctor and was told she'd referred my husband to the memory clinic but wasn't sure how much help they could offer him as he wasn't a British citizen, I told her he had full access to the NHS but she's under the impression that's just for rudimentary and emergency treatment, and told me when we attend the appointment they'll maybe want to see some proof that he's entitled to full care. I might be wrong but I thought he already had this though I don't recall seeing anything in writing. I would be so grateful if someone can help me out here.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 05:26:37 PM by Janette Phillips »
Met for the first time 2012
Married in the US May 2014
Biometrics for husband 12th June
Package mailed priority  to Sheffield 13th June
Email confirmation from Sheffield 16th June.
Decision received 11th July 😀 17 BD

• Liked: 6110
Re: NHS treatment
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 05:26:03 PM »
He is absolutely entitled to NHS treatment, just as a UKC would be. You paid the IHS for him.
Show them this, he couldn't have got his visa without paying it.  :)

https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigration-application

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
Thanks  Larrabee  :)

I swear sometimes I think I'm losing it,  I know these things really,  having researched thoroughly before making his application for a visa, but when she said that to me it made me question myself  ::)

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2017, 05:42:51 PM »

I swear sometimes I think I'm losing it,  I know these things really,  having researched thoroughly before making his application for a visa, but when she said that to me it made me question myself  ::)

When he registered he should have been asked to show his BRP... which will confirm he has paid the IHS and is entitled to free treatment.

So, even if the doctor wasn't aware of it, hopefully the people at the memory clinic will be... and if not, then you can show them the information in the link above, along with his BRP card.

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2017, 05:57:10 PM »
Thanks Ksand  :)

Yes when he registered they photocopied his BPR card and as you mention they should know... sigh  ::) I think I'll give them the IHS to photocopy also... and as a safeguard I'll take a copy to his hospital appointment ( just in case)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »

I know what you mean!  :)  Always good to check with us if you have any doubts, no sense in worrying.  :)

Sponsored Links