Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Buying a car: catch-22 on insurance?  (Read 1414 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: Buying a car: catch-22 on insurance?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 10:47:38 AM »
So, once you pass both tests, the "L" plate (etc) are history and you are able to drive "normally" then, correct?
I would (and did) take those L plates off ASAP.  People drive like maniacs around you if you've got L plates.  Passing you at crazy times, cutting you off at roundabouts, tailgating. 

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 10:49:53 AM »
Oooh, now I'm curious!  How long do you stay in hospital for a normal, uncomplicated delivery here?  I mean, you didn't just pop in, pop out an animated sack of potatoes, and then pop out again, did you?  ;)

It's funny to think of you driving yourself home after that... in the US, it's most hopistals' policy that you have to be taken to the exit in a wheelchair when you're discharged.  I can just see you, being pushed  along by an orderly, and when you get to the door you jump up and say "Thanks for the ride!" and walk off to get in your car and drive away!
Here, they are super careful about the car seat and won't let you take the baby until they inspect it.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
JF, a friend of mine had a super uncomplicated second delivery and made it known she wanted out as soon as possible.  She delivered at 6pm and was HOME at 9:30pm.  Discharged straight from the delivery suite to home.

But they offer excellent in-home aftercare here.  So there wasn't any point in her staying as she was happy to go home.

• Liked: 163
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2017, 11:29:49 AM »
Here, they are super careful about the car seat and won't let you take the baby until they inspect it.

The couple in the bed next to us in the recovery ward had to go out and buy a car seat before the hospital would let them leave. They were planning to take a taxi and just hold the baby, much to the horror of the staff. I felt bad for the new parents as they unboxed the car seat and tried to figure it out right there in the ward.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 11:36:15 AM »
I think it's funny that if the labour happens super fast and the baby is delivered at home by the ambulance people, they don't even take them to the hospital afterwards all the time. 

• Liked: 674
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2017, 02:44:55 PM »
Yes, once you've passed you can drive with no restrictions like everyone else.

Thanks. I don't WANT to drive, but I want to be able to in an emergency.  8)

Sponsored Links