Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Recommendations needed  (Read 1185 times)

• Liked: 82
Recommendations needed
« on: November 29, 2017, 09:08:23 PM »
Hi all. Need some recommendations for a good fraud solicitor. I had an issue with a website earlier in the year. Short story, I bought a ted baker dress, they sent an abercrombie and Fitch dress, wouldn't let me return, wouldn't refund me.finally got the bank to reverse the charge. Found out the a&f dress they sent was a fake, reported the website to trading standards.

Today I receive a cease and desist letter from a solicitor threatening me with legal action if I don't take down photos from my website, which are copyrighted to ASOS. Check out the website, same people are running out that i had a problem with, and they have registered the website to my name and address.

Godaddy didn't verify the identity and allowed them to set up the web page.

So I need a solicitor to sue this fraudulent company & stop using me as revenge, and also sue Godaddy for allowing fraudulent release of my personal information. Any suggestions???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
Re: Recommendations needed
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 09:16:33 PM »
Wow. That sounds like a real pain in the butt. So sorry to hear about this!

Can't say I have any suggestions. Best of Luck!
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 35
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 08:45:14 AM »
GoDaddy and other companies like that don't check that the public name and address of a website is valid. People can enter anything. Wouldn't the rogue company have your address from your clothing order with them?

What GoDaddy will know is who paid for the registration.

You might want to consider sending a letter, recorded delivery, to ASOS telling them that you didn't set up the website and they should contact GoDaddy to find out who did. Perhaps tell them the backstory as well.

In the EU you can have Google remove search results involving you, so perhaps look at that option to get this rogue website removed from Google. Then most people won't be able to find it.

If this rogue website contains defamatory or libelous information about you then you can send them your own cease-and-desist letter, recorded delivery.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 09:28:15 AM »
GoDaddy and other companies like that don't check that the public name and address of a website is valid. People can enter anything. Wouldn't the rogue company have your address from your clothing order with them?

What GoDaddy will know is who paid for the registration.

You might want to consider sending a letter, recorded delivery, to ASOS telling them that you didn't set up the website and they should contact GoDaddy to find out who did. Perhaps tell them the backstory as well.

In the EU you can have Google remove search results involving you, so perhaps look at that option to get this rogue website removed from Google. Then most people won't be able to find it.

If this rogue website contains defamatory or libelous information about you then you can send them your own cease-and-desist letter, recorded delivery.
I have contacted the solicitors who sent me the letter to tell them my solicitor will be in touch. I got the ip address of the rogue website and located it to Turkey :/ they 100% have used my information from the sale to set up the website with my details. I also found putt this morning, I get free legal through my union so just waiting a call back from them.

Go daddy should be asking for proof of identification. This can ruin people. I will be asking the union solicitors if there is anything they can do to stop this from happening again. I have asked go daddy for any website registered to me, just awaiting a reply

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 05:08:25 PM »
Yikes, that sounds horrible!!! Good luck!!!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:30:45 PM »
Well, the solicitor against me phoned this afternoon. My solicitor phoned them to inform them im no way connected to the rogue website and gave them the crime reference number I got from action fraud for identity theft, identity fraud, and application fraud. They have removed my name from the case. And promised no further actin or letters against me. So now just need to focus on getting the ba£&ards using my info shut down and try and get go daddy to change their policy

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 08:57:58 AM »
Happy to hear that they've taken you out of that nasty loop, but that all sounds absolutely mental!! Literally cannot believe you've had to deal with this in the first place. Has your solicitor offered any suggestion of "next steps" you can take in regards to getting those guys shut down for good???
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 09:42:45 AM »
Happy to hear that they've taken you out of that nasty loop, but that all sounds absolutely mental!! Literally cannot believe you've had to deal with this in the first place. Has your solicitor offered any suggestion of "next steps" you can take in regards to getting those guys shut down for good???
Not yet, they are trying to track them down.  I will never but from a website again that doesn't have a contract phone number or address

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab