Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29771 times)

• Liked: 95
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
Good morning all. I also have not heard back beyond the initial e-mail from Sheffield.

I'd definitely have to agree that there wasn't a document check in the way I expected, we went through everything but it felt more like it was just to check for originals and that they didn't really know what I needed. A major concern I'm having right now, in addition to potentially not having all of my documents submitted, is that the copies are what they scanned. I made them initially to mail in with my originals figuring they'd see them first hand and some of the copies being black and white wouldn't be a big deal. Now that is all they have, I'm anxious. It DOES say that the service includes certification of originals but this is not what I figured that meant. I'm still hoping that if it's called in to question, the premium office will be able to vouch for their authenticity as they did check them.

As far as assistance filling out forms, you have to already have it done to submit that day really so I can't see how that would work either.

For the other claims they make on this service so far:

Priority: It does say that gold apps are placed in front of the queue, I'd expect that to be the very front but we'll see.

Document & App check: No app check, and definitely didn't check that included what I needed to.

Certification of originals: Also not what I expected. If I had not made my own copies, I would have had to come back for my original documents. They were not prepared for the amount of documentation the settlement visa requires and mine was absolutely minimal.

Keep Passport: This is an option, but you have to get it back to them in time to apply the vignette and they have no idea as to when that will occur OR if you can in fact, enter the UK while applying.

Courier Service: They scan everything to Sheffield. As far as I know, that doesn't cost them anything to do. However, they did say they will courier my passport/documents to me "free of charge" and that's "if I can't get back out there" haha.

I didn't ask about the text thing and wasn't offered info., but they did give me an e-mail address for the Seattle office and told me I would be able to contact them with questions etc. Maybe I should do that...

So I'd say, given time to reflect on it all, it doesn't appear to be worth it. If I hear back like, today, I might feel differently lol.

I sort of knew what I was doing, but bottom line for this to be worth it based on what they claim to offer is, they need at least 2 appointments for the general applicant paying for this service. The first to get the gist of the applicant's specific situation and make a list of documents they will need, and help them fill in the application and forms or at least, guide them through the questions they will encounter if not ready to submit.  And the second obviously to submit docs and do biometrics.

Many people will be coming from other states so maybe an initial phone appointment or a reliable e-mail contact from the outset, at the very least. 

Sorry for the wall of text there! 
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2017, 07:43:43 PM »
I think it's really good reflection Dani.

When applying for ILR from inside the UK or Citizenship (after you've done your five years on spouse visas), you can use a similar service.  I recently did this.  It was just shy of £100 but definitely more refined than your experience.

My chick went through each page of my application (which I think was less than 20 pages and ensuring everything was complete and then asking for documentation based on what I had ticked.  She would then make a photocopy of that item, returning my original.  I got to keep my passport and BRP.  So I did get a mild bit of service.  Entirely different application though, but maybe that's what they are trying to replicate with the Gold service.

Keep keeping us posted!   :D  I'm still hopeful that you'll have your visa on Wednesday, so a one week turnaround.  Considering someone else just got their priority visa in 4 days (or was it 3), I think you guys deserve that at a minimum!!!

« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2017, 05:45:31 PM »
No word today.   [smiley=glasses.gif]

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2017, 06:00:32 PM »

I'm quite frustrated for you considering the recent priority and non-priority timelines.  Granted there is no consistency to the timelines but they have processed last weeks applicants it seems.

« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:21 PM »
I'm quite frustrated for you considering the recent priority and non-priority timelines.  Granted there is no consistency to the timelines but they have processed last weeks applicants it seems.

Yeah, I have to admit I'm feeling that way today as well, though I'm really glad to see so many flying through. It's not like it's been a long wait but I'm now to the point of seriously wondering what on earth I have paid for. Or even better, the "what is wrong with my application?" dread setting in.  :-\\\\  I mean, I don't think it could have been a more straightforward and to the point application so what's the hold up?

Ok, whine over  [smiley=laugh3.gif]

FLgator, you hear anything yet?
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 52
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2017, 07:38:12 PM »
Dani-

Hang in there. Im sure your good karma will pay off soon for letting all of us know about the so called "gold" service. And all of us who were on the fence owe you a dept..... so thanks!!!

One or two days tops.

NWKH
UK Spouse Visa
Married: 2001 (Both Living in the US)
Biometrics: 27 Dec 2017
Received in Sheffield: 02 Jan 2018
Decision email: 24 Jan 2018 (17 Bus. Days)
Returned mail: 28 Jan 2018 It's a YES!!!
Landed in UK: 11 Feb 2018
Granted FLR(M): 22 Oct 2020
Granted ILR:  28 Feb 2023
Citizenship Granted:  18 Jan 2024

• Liked: 79
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2017, 08:24:03 PM »
Dani-

Hang in there. Im sure your good karma will pay off soon for letting all of us know about the so called "gold" service. And all of us who were on the fence owe you a dept..... so thanks!!!

One or two days tops.

NWKH

Couldn't agree more .. thank you so much !!! Hopeing you hear soon 🤞🏻
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

• Liked: 98
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2017, 08:42:09 PM »

Ditto... and our lawyer got back to us and advised me not to travel. The reason does not seem to be legal  - rather, she said that once a decision is reached, we will then have a fixed amount of time to send my passport back to VFS (which is something they did not tell us). This 'fixed time' is highly variable and depends on the location - it could be 2 days or could be 6 months. Therefore, if a decision is reached while traveling and the time limit is very short, that could pose a problem. I’m going to contact VFS and try to get clarification on this.

Being able to keep my passport and presumably use it to travel to the UK seemed to be a huge benefit of using gold premium/priority. We actually waited a few extra days for the appointment rather than using standard priority so if this time limit is real and I don’t get a decision this week it was 100% not worth it.

While it’d be nice to go over for Christmas with my partner, I absolutely HAVE to be in the UK on 4 Jan for a professional review interview to transfer my engineering credentials. That’s still a month away but damn it, it took me almost three months to coordinate this.  :-\\\\
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:45:08 PM by FLgator86 »
FLR(M) Visa #1
Applied from: Washington D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Online App: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Made Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
Online App: 25 Jul 20
IDV App: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (not avail)
Approval email: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR
Online App: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2017, 09:44:51 PM »
Oh man, that is such a bummer. Fingers crossed we both get that e-mail in the wee hours.

A massive thanks to all of you pulling for us to get a worthwhile result! Your positivity is contagious  [smiley=smitten.gif]
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 79
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2017, 11:32:29 PM »
Oh man, that is such a bummer. Fingers crossed we both get that e-mail in the wee hours.

A massive thanks to all of you pulling for us to get a worthwhile result! Your positivity is contagious  [smiley=smitten.gif]

Hey gotta support each other and give out positive vibes for all !!! This process is so crappy so it's nice to come on here and see support ! Because we may not know each other but this process brings us all together .. sending out positivit thoughts and vibes for everyone going through this !!!
US girl met UK guy
Met Husband at England Rugby World Cup Oct 2015
Got engaged in Germany in July 2017
Got married in Philadelphia Oct 2017
Applying for Spouse visa for the UK
Application paid December 17th 2017
Bometrics booked for Dec 22nd 2017
Package sent off to Sheffield Dec 23rd 2017(priority)
Package recieved In Sheffield Dec 27th 😬🤞🏻
Decision email sent Jan 17th 2018 😬😳🤞🏻🙏🙌🏼
VISA APPROVED Jan 22nd
Cambridge here I come !!!
Applied FLR(M)  Sept 9th 2020
App invite.       Sept 23rd 2020
Submit FLR(M)Oct 5th.   2020

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2017, 04:12:25 PM »
Well. I just woke up to an e-mail regarding my UK visa (all caps and everything, as they do) from a gov.uk address, asking me to do a SURVEY on the VFS service I recently used.

SERIOUSLY?!  >:(

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking about that service at this particular moment but I bet you guys can guess!

Now I suppose I won't actually hear again today. Anyone know the latest decision emails go out?
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2017, 04:18:28 PM »
Well. I just woke up to an e-mail regarding my UK visa (all caps and everything, as they do) from a gov.uk address, asking me to do a SURVEY on the VFS service I recently used.

I'm not going to say what I'm thinking about that service at this particular moment but I bet you guys can guess!

Now I suppose I won't actually hear again today. Anyone know the latest decision emails go out?

Decision emails can go out pretty much any time.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2017, 04:18:34 PM »

Have you contacted the place you applied from? The reason I ask, in other countries where the documents are scanned the emails actually come from that company saying the passport is ready. I got that survey shortly after my decision email came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
Have you contacted the place you applied from? The reason I ask, in other countries where the documents are scanned the emails actually come from that company saying the passport is ready. I got that survey shortly after my decision email came.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah that's great to know! I plan to e-mail them shortly and ask.

Thanks for the reply, both you and Larrabee! I'll update with any news!
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2017, 06:42:03 PM »
Oh guys. I'm so frustrated. I sent an e-mail just asking if there has been any activity regarding my application that they are aware of, and said I'm wondering because I see applications being processed very quickly currently. Also asked about the survey being sent out.

The response was them asking twice where I'm getting my information, and that they've been quoted 4-6 weeks for gold processing and that normal processing is time is 4-6 months. And also that they don't know anything about the survey.

Help.  ???

FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

Sponsored Links