Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29772 times)

• Liked: 98
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2018, 07:00:41 AM »
So believe it or not, I actually did get a response from VFS last week. They agreed to issue a partial refund for the difference between 'Gold' and Standard Priority, so $807. It's been a week and I'm still waiting to see if they actually follow through on that but for now, I'll call this a success! Definitely send off that letter @Dani1983 and be sure to CC complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

FLR(M) Visa #1
Applied from: Washington D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Online App: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Made Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
Online App: 25 Jul 20
IDV App: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (not avail)
Approval email: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR
Online App: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2018, 07:09:49 AM »
So believe it or not, I actually did get a response from VFS last week. They agreed to issue a partial refund for the difference between 'Gold' and Standard Priority, so $807. It's been a week and I'm still waiting to see if they actually follow through on that but for now, I'll call this a success! Definitely send off that letter @Dani1983 and be sure to CC complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Fabulous news!  ;D. Now you have no excuse not to finish your letter Dani!  ;D

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2018, 08:42:56 AM »
That's a great result FLGator!!!!!!  Well done!

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »
That's awesome news :).

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2018, 10:50:22 AM »
Oh, wow!  I'm so glad!  You totally deserve that refund! I am surprised they agreed to give it to you, but you totally deserve it!  Congratulations!
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 68
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2018, 11:36:44 AM »

That's awesome! I'm glad that they agreed to refund you at least partially. Let us know if you actually get it!
Type of Application: Settlement Spouse Visa (non priority)
Met Husband: 10 September 2015
Got married: 13 October 2017
Online application: 26 Nov 2017
Decision email received: 8 March 2018 (68 BD)
Passport received: 12 March 2018 - APPROVED!
Arrived in the UK: 31 March 2018
FLR(M) Extension Submitted: 15 September 2020
Submitted Documents and Biometrics via IDV: 8 October 2020
FLR(M) Approval: 30 December 2020
SET(M) Submitted: 15 July 2023
Submitted Docs & Biometrics: 10 August 2023
SET (M) Approved: 13 October 2023

• Liked: 95
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2018, 12:43:10 PM »

Wow, that is fantastic! Ok, I will get back to work on mine. I feel a little guilty as it is worth doing whether they refund or not and I know it, but I kind of chickened out because of how stressful the whole thing has been and wanting it to be over. Thanks for the CC info. Also, where did you send the original complaint? I really don't want to send anything more to the guy I did all that arguing with and he seems to get everything I send to the general Seattle office.  >:(
FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2018, 01:16:25 PM »
Wow, that is fantastic! Ok, I will get back to work on mine. I feel a little guilty as it is worth doing whether they refund or not and I know it, but I kind of chickened out because of how stressful the whole thing has been and wanting it to be over. Thanks for the CC info. Also, where did you send the original complaint? I really don't want to send anything more to the guy I did all that arguing with and he seems to get everything I send to the general Seattle office.  >:(

I sent the original complaint to VFS' national feedback email address: UKVI.Feedback.USA@vfshelpline.com... Figured the DC branch couldn't just ignore it if it was forwarded to them internally. I'll definitely chase it up if I don't see that refund within a couple of weeks. I'll post again with an update if/when I actually get it. Good luck to you @Dani1983!

On a side note, did you ever get your UCrate? Ours just left their terminal in Charleston yesterday and we're likely not going to get it until some time in May. Can't go galavanting around Europe until kitty's food/water/litter machines show up lol

Wasn't counting on it taking over 2 months but maybe that's normal? Just curious about how long it took yours to arrive :)
FLR(M) Visa #1
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR

« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:03 PM »
@FLgator86 Thanks again for the info.! And yes, please keep me posted on what happens!

The UCrate took less than the 8 weeks they estimated. They picked it up on December 8th and it was delivered in January before I arrived, I think around the 14th and that was with a week delay in customs. Hopefully you get the email with your arrival date soon! I think they have to wait for the cargo to fill up before it ships so maybe mine was closer to full when they received it. They were great though so it'll get to you!
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

• Liked: 7
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2018, 04:16:05 PM »
Great that you got a partial refund at the very least. We'll definitely look into writing a letter now and see if we can get the same result - very similar experiences to yours in the DC office.

« Reply #460 on: April 21, 2018, 08:57:06 AM »
Took a while but we got our refund... Woohoo!  ;D

Definitely worth the follow up @Dani1983 & @UKColombiaUSA!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2018, 08:59:27 AM by FLgator86 »
FLR(M) Visa #1
±25 WD for a decision
———————————————————
FLR(M) Visa #2
±97 BD for a decision
———————————————————
ILR

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #461 on: April 21, 2018, 09:00:15 AM »

Definitely worth the follow up @Dani1983 & @UKColombiaUSA!

Fantastic!

« Reply #462 on: April 21, 2018, 09:08:44 AM »

Great work!  ;D I'm very glad they put it right, you certainly didn't get what you paid for!  :)

« Reply #463 on: June 28, 2018, 08:27:56 PM »
Hey guys, so I have an update on the refund front and it's no good. I only sent my email yesterday because honestly, I have so much anxiety over it now that I couldn't manage to write it without getting very upset. I outlined my points, just as @FLgator86 (though not nearly as eloquently) and received a response today.

Unbelievably, what I got back was a response from the same man at the Seattle office regurgitating all the same things he's done from day one, that basically amount to, he's sorry I'm so confused. I can't believe after complaining to the national feedback address about this particular office, they felt it appropriate to allow him to respond to me personally.

I had resigned myself to the fact that they may not refund me at all, and was prepared to cross that bridge, but this is so much more upsetting.

Here are both emails, starting with mine:

Dear VFS,

I am writing regarding my experience with the new Gold Settlement Visa service and the Seattle Premium Application Center. I am requesting a refund for the services I did not receive. Below I will outline my experience using the description of the Settlement Gold Service Package as per the VFS website at the time of my application.

Priority Visa Service
Application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing at the Decision Making Center

Regarding this, I was told on multiple occasions by the Seattle PAC that Gold was the fastest available processing. I asked several times if this meant my application would also be placed at the front of the standard priority queue, for which I received a range of colorful answers boiling down to, “we don’t know”. It took 7 weeks for me to receive a decision about my application. During this time I was closely following online forums where processing speeds are being tracked and details of applications are discussed for comparison purposes. There were multiple standard priority and non-priority applications submitted after mine that were processed well before my own. As well as one other Gold application submitted the same day as mine that was processed more than two weeks faster. I realize that VFS does not process applications, however I was given incorrect information and advice repeatedly throughout this time.

Form Filling Assistance
Personalized form filling services at the centre

I did not receive this service as all forms must all be completed prior to the appointment.

Application and Document Checks
Review of the Supporting Document Checklist as per your visa category and the opportunity to submit any missing documents to the UK Decision Making Centre within a prescribed time frame

My documents were briefly looked through at the Seattle PAC. It was immediately apparent that the persons assisting me were not well-versed in the type of visa I was applying for or the supporting evidence it required. I had to argue that specific documentation be included in the submission of my application as per filing instructions directly from UKVI. I left feeling very unsure that everything would be submitted.

Keep My Passport When Applying
Retain your passport for majority of your application process

I feel this is misleading and it caused my family a great deal of upset. I opted to leave my passport at the Seattle PAC as I had been following the processing times and assumed my very straightforward application with this incredibly expensive service would result in a quick decision. My husband and I also made the decision for himself and 2 of our children to travel to the UK to set up our home and allow them to attend school while I was waiting. After weeks went by, I emailed the Seattle PAC to inquire about obtaining my passport so I could see my family. They informed me (4 days later) that I could retrieve it, so I then asked if I would be allowed to enter the UK, they had no idea, and again it took many rambling nonsense emails to finally understand what they wanted to say was “we don’t know”. The point of keeping my passport would be the ability to enter the UK without disrupting my visa process. I was advised by others that I could potentially cancel out my application if I tried to enter the UK while it was pending, therefore I did not attempt it, and had to wait weeks to be with my children. VFS should, at the very least, know the rules on passport usage while opting to retain it for the duration of processing.

Certification Service
Copies of your original documents are certified by the centre staff, allowing you to submit certified copies instead of your originals

As previously stated, the staff quickly looked through my original documents and then asked if they could have the copies I brought with me (these were for my records as it’s recommended to keep a  full copy of what is submitted). What was scanned over were my black and white copies, which I received back a complete mess when I picked up my passport. I wasn’t completely certain I had included everything in my own set of copies and I stated this, but they were more than happy for me to risk this than make their own copies, a service for which I was paying.

Courier Service
Express delivery to the UK Decision Making Centre and return mail service of your passport and documents to the address of your choice

I learned at my appointment that “Express Delivery” meant items were scanned over, my only issue with this is the misleading description given which led me to believe there were delivery services as part of the large Gold Priority Service fee. I never had anything sent to me and picked up my own documents as I no longer had faith in the people handling my application.

SMS Service and Personal Notifications
Receive automated real-time messages on the status of your application and a personal phone call and email to notify you when your passport is ready for collection

I never received or was offered SMS messages. I received one automated e-mail when my documents were received and a second when it had been processed. Everyone receives these emails, regardless of priority status. I repeatedly emailed VFS to inquire about my application status and was always given long winded versions of “we don’t know”.

In the end, after many emails with the Seattle PAC, I had to contact our local Member of Parliament in the UK to inquire into my application status on behalf. My application was finally processed one day after this inquiry was made. This is completely unacceptable. I feel strongly that there was something amiss and it was only corrected when the MP asked what was happening. I don’t know if that is on the VFS end or UKVI, but it certainly seems my application had gone walkabout until the inquiry was made.

The Settlement Visa process is a very stressful one, even in the best of circumstances, but my experience was made so much worse for having purchased the Gold Service. It is my hope that this service will either be discontinued or see a massive overhaul as it is currently providing people no benefit over standard priority and in my case, I believe my application took longer for having used it.

He continues to refer to me as Dani, which really irks me as he really just shouldn't! It's unprofessional. 

Good Afternoon Dani,

I am sorry that you were not fully pleased with our services. I will be happy to discuss the points that you have outlined below and answer your questions and concerns.

Priority Visa Service
Application will be placed at the front of the queue for processing at the Decision Making Center

The Decision Making Center in Sheffield processes all Settlement applications. While the Gold Settlement option is our fastest Settlement option this takes between 6 and 8 weeks to process due to the complexity of settlement cases. As to having an application submitted and processed before yours, I do not know of any way to track that. The DMC processes applications at the time they choose to process them while attempting to stay within the stated time frame of 6 to 8 weeks, which it sounds like you received a response at week 7 was within that time frame. We ensure that all applicants are aware of the time frames involved when they come into our office, and we apologize if there was any confusion about the time frames involved. In regards to any answers where you received an “I Don’t know” answer, we are not appraised of the status of the application during the time it is being processed. We are never informed if an application is approved or not, so we would never know the status of an application.

Form Filling Assistance
Personalized form filling services at the centre

Form filling assistance is provided as an added service to applicants. This involves assisting you with filling in data on your online application, however we do not fill it out with you. We go over the information you want to submit and verify it back to you for accuracy. I am seeing that when you came into our office you had all necessary forms already complete and did not request any form filling assistance. A that time, we had no way to apply this service to you as you had already completed all the requisites.

Application and Document Checks
Review of the Supporting Document Checklist as per your visa category and the opportunity to submit any missing documents to the UK Decision Making Centre within a prescribed time frame

I apologize if you felt you had to argue any point during the paperwork submission process. We go over all submitted documents, and should we have any questions or need clarification on any points we are sure to ask you about them. If this caused any confusion it was most certainly not the intention of my staff. We would never tell you not to submit any documents, as it is always better to submit more than less. Our staff are trained to ask questions when anything is in doubt to ensure you receive the very highest quality of services possible.

Keep My Passport When Applying
Retain your passport for majority of your application process

With settlement applications passport pass-back is an often accepted service. If you opted to leave your passport with us you can, at any time, pick it up. As to not knowing if you can get into the UK with your passport, we cannot legally advise you on the ability to access any given country. We process and submit applications to assist you in getting back an informed decision in a rapid and accurate manner. Unfortunately, we cannot advise on travel procedures using passports that do not involve visas.

Certification Service
Copies of your original documents are certified by the centre staff, allowing you to submit certified copies instead of your originals

During the scanning process we are required to order the documents in a very specific manner. This is standard procedure and is a requirement to submit your documents. I apologize if your paperwork was returned to you in a less than orderly fashion, or not in the order you originally gave to us. We certify each document that is given to us and submit every document that is provided. We do not exclude any documents that are given to us. We are happy to take copies of official documents as we can certify them as well as submit them on your behalf.

Courier Service
Express delivery to the UK Decision Making Centre and return mail service of your passport and documents to the address of your choice

I apologize for the confusion on this front. Our express courier delivery ensures secure delivery of your information to the UK Decision Making Center. In addition to this service, we can also mail your completed application, once we receive it back from the DMC, to any residential or business address you prefer. This is covered in the cost of the application and is free to our applicants.

SMS Service and Personal Notifications
Receive automated real-time messages on the status of your application and a personal phone call and email to notify you when your passport is ready for collection

I am sorry that there was some confusion about this service. Our SMS and Email Notification services are for every client that applies with us. Normally when an application is processed by the Decision Making Center an automated email is generated and sent to the applicant. An additional email is written and sent to the applicant from VFS Global when the application is received in the office and is either ready for pickup or ready to be mailed to the address given to our team.

We try to make the application process as easy as possible for our applicants. However we in no way control the decision making processes or when applications are processed. This is the sole discretion of the Decision Making Center. Settlement Applications take an average of 6 to 8 weeks to process, and waiting is the most stressful part. Settlements submitted through normal channels outside of VFS Global can take up to 90 days to process.

I am very sorry to hear that you were less than happy with our services, however we strive to offer the best possible services during the application process that we can.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

I have no idea what to do here. Part of me thinks I should forward every email between him and myself and state that my complaint still stands, and that I want no further contact from the Seattle office, and another part can't quite cope with even that.

Moral of the story though, DON'T USE GOLD SERVICE KIDS!!  >:(
FLR (M) Timeline:

ILR Timeline:

« Reply #464 on: June 28, 2018, 08:44:01 PM »

Unbelievably, what I got back was a response from the same man at the Seattle office regurgitating all the same things he's done from day one, that basically amount to, he's sorry I'm so confused. I can't believe after complaining to the national feedback address about this particular office, they felt it appropriate to allow him to respond to me personally.

I had resigned myself to the fact that they may not refund me at all, and was prepared to cross that bridge, but this is so much more upsetting.

Here are both emails, starting with mine:

He continues to refer to me as Dani, which really irks me as he really just shouldn't! It's unprofessional. 

I have no idea what to do here. Part of me thinks I should forward every email between him and myself and state that my complaint still stands, and that I want no further contact from the Seattle office, and another part can't quite cope with even that.

Moral of the story though, DON'T USE GOLD SERVICE KIDS!!  >:(

How unbelievably frustrating. I'm so sorry Dani.  >:(

First you've got to decide if you have the energy and inclination to go on with this or if it'll be better for your mental health just to let it go.

If you do decide to go on with it, I suggest you go over his head. Sounds like he is the boss there but he must have a boss. Address your complaint to him.
You could also try taking it up directly with your credit card as you certainly  did not get the service you paid for.

Sponsored Links