Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment  (Read 29920 times)

• Liked: 95
Re: Settlement Gold Premium Service Appointment
« Reply #465 on: June 28, 2018, 10:38:23 PM »
How unbelievably frustrating. I'm so sorry Dani.  >:(

First you've got to decide if you have the energy and inclination to go on with this or if it'll be better for your mental health just to let it go.

If you do decide to go on with it, I suggest you go over his head. Sounds like he is the boss there but he must have a boss. Address your complaint to him.
You could also try taking it up directly with your credit card as you certainly  did not get the service you paid for.

Thanks for the sympathy and advice :) I totally thought I was going over his head (or at least beyond his department) as I didn't address this to him, or the Seattle PAC at all. That's what is so astounding, he was notified and given my actual complaint and allowed to confront me personally. It seems so inappropriate to me  :-\\\\

FLR (M) Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 14/10/20
Biometrics Appointment/Document Scanned: 13/11/20
Received Decision: 8/3/21 - APPROVED

ILR Timeline:
Submitted Application Online: 30/08/23
Biometrics Appointment/Documents Scanned: 29/09/23
Received Decision: 24/11/23 APPROVED

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #466 on: June 28, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
Thanks for the sympathy and advice :) I totally thought I was going over his head (or at least beyond his department) as I didn't address this to him, or the Seattle PAC at all. That's what is so astounding, he was notified and given my actual complaint and allowed to confront me personally. It seems so inappropriate to me  :-\\\\

I agree. Add that to the complaint!

• Liked: 98
« Reply #467 on: June 28, 2018, 10:51:22 PM »
Oh man Dani I'm so sorry to see this. They just seem to be completely oblivious to the total BS they're selling innocent people. If it helps, you should know that I heard back from the home office when I sent that email. It took some time but I eventually got this response from them about a month after sending that original complaint:

Thank you for your email correspondence of 30 March where you have raised a complaint about your experience using the Premium service at the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Washington. 

You explain that you opted for the Gold Settlement service over the Standard service as the marketing materials imply that it is a faster service but you found this not to be so. You further explain that all of the elements you expected to receive did not happen.

You request a refund of the fee you paid as you state that VFS did not honour any of the services advertised.

I am upholding your complaint.

I am sorry you found it necessary to write to us and would like to offer my sincere apologies for any distress and inconvenience caused to you. I have been advised by our commercial partner, VFS, that they have communicated with you directly on 3 April.

They have responded to the relevant points you have raised and have also informed you that they will process a refund for the difference between the two services ($1600 - $793) for a total refund of $807.

I would like to assure that we do welcome and value all feedback in order to inform future improvements in our services and I thank you for the points you raise.

I hope this has clarified things for you and thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I believe I have addressed all the points you have raised. However if you feel that there are specific aspects that have not been addressed you can request a review of our response within one month of the date on this letter by writing to us at: complaintsreview@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk.

Please ensure that you provide us with specific details setting out why you believe a review is required. This will enable us to provide you with a full response.

Or you can write to us at:

UKVI Complaints Allocation Hub
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon CR9 2BY

Yours sincerely

I had my partial refund processed a week before receiving this response from the Home Office... More than the refund, I found that statement about upholding my complaint truly cathartic. Perhaps it was being told that by their client that actually got me heard?

I'm not sure if @UKColombiaUSA had any luck, but as @larrabee said, I would understand if you just wanted to put this mess behind you. Disputing the charge with your CC might not be a bad idea, if that's still a possibility under your card agreement. I might've considered that too if I'd received as tone-deaf and condescending a response as this from VFS in DC.

On a nicer note, I hope you & yours are doing well and that you have a happy 4th together next week!
FLR(M) #1 (±25 WD)
Applied from: D.C.
Priority: Yes (VFS Gold Premuim)
Applied: 17 Nov 17
Appt at PAC: 29 Nov 17
Decision Email: 5 Jan 18
Passport sent to PAC:  8 Jan 18
Passport rcv'd: 13 Jan 18
Moved to UK: 1 Feb 18
——————————————
FLR(M) #2 (±97 WD)
Applied: 25 Jul 20
IDV: 9 Sep 20
Priority: No (n/a)
Approval: 9 Dec 20
BRP rcv’d: 18 Feb 20
——————————————
ILR
Applied: 11 Jan 23
Priority: Super
Bio Appt: 7 Feb 23
Approval: 7 Feb 23
BRP rcv’d: 10 Feb 23
——————————————
Citizenship
Online App: 24 Feb 24
Bio Appt: 2 Mar 24
Awaiting Decision

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #468 on: June 29, 2018, 09:05:48 AM »
Oh Dani!  I totally agree that if you don't want to pursue this further, don't.

But I suspect you could make a complaint to the Ombudsman.

• Liked: 10
« Reply #469 on: March 14, 2019, 01:43:40 AM »
Well, I guess I am the next guinea pig for this service. However, it is now simply called the "Settlement Premium Package". Long story short, my fiancee (British) and I (the American) and both have busy schedules and internationally travel. The main selling point was keeping my passport while waiting for an answer on the application. I am filing for the UK Fiance Visa to get married and settle in the UK.

So for the "Settlement Premium Package" review: I had my appointment in the Miami VFS Global center today. Showed up and had a lounge type room with coffee, teas, and snacks available. Biometrics are completed in the adjacent room. Another worker reviewed all of my documents and arranged them in his own barcode file system while I overlooked and made sure we didn't forget anything.

I think a key difference is they scan there and then on site, which is transmitted directly to Sheffield. I was told there is no involvement with the NY office. I waited around about 45 minutes while all of my documents were scanned and transmitted. There was another 20 minute wait for some response from the receiving end that the documents were received. All-in, it was quite painless and straightforward. I had all of my documents handed back to me, including my passport. Now, the waiting game to see how long it takes to get processed.

I will keep everyone updated.
Priority Fiancé Visa Online App Submitted: 8 March 2019
Biometrics Appointment: 13 March 2019
Visa Received: 15 April 2019 (in-person pickup at VFS)
Total: 21 Business Days

FLR(M) approved: 24 September 2019
FLR(M) extended: 24 March 2022

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #470 on: March 14, 2019, 06:36:44 AM »

Good luck!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #471 on: March 14, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »
Well, I guess I am the next guinea pig for this service. However, it is now simply called the "Settlement Premium Package". Long story short, my fiancee (British) and I (the American) and both have busy schedules and internationally travel. The main selling point was keeping my passport while waiting for an answer on the application. I am filing for the UK Fiance Visa to get married and settle in the UK.

So for the "Settlement Premium Package" review: I had my appointment in the Miami VFS Global center today. Showed up and had a lounge type room with coffee, teas, and snacks available. Biometrics are completed in the adjacent room. Another worker reviewed all of my documents and arranged them in his own barcode file system while I overlooked and made sure we didn't forget anything.

I think a key difference is they scan there and then on site, which is transmitted directly to Sheffield. I was told there is no involvement with the NY office. I waited around about 45 minutes while all of my documents were scanned and transmitted. There was another 20 minute wait for some response from the receiving end that the documents were received. All-in, it was quite painless and straightforward. I had all of my documents handed back to me, including my passport. Now, the waiting game to see how long it takes to get processed.

Fantastic.  They didn't scan while people waited in the past, so hopefully they've improved the service then.

« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2019, 12:53:22 PM »
Got my documents being prepared for ECO email today around 6am. So that was less than 1.5 days from VFS center appointment to ECO email. I guess that is something. Just waiting on a decision now.

• Liked: 2
« Reply #473 on: March 16, 2019, 05:36:58 PM »
Surfrider -- would you consider starting a new thread about your experiences with "Settlement Premium Package" so it would be easier to track?  From your initial experiences it looks like there may be some improvement to what had before been a waste of money, so it would be good to follow what happens.  Thank you for sharing this, and all the best -- I hope it's a very quick approval process for you.

• It's never too late to live happily ever after
  • Liked: 219
« Reply #474 on: March 18, 2019, 02:25:30 PM »
Got my documents being prepared for ECO email today around 6am. So that was less than 1.5 days from VFS center appointment to ECO email. I guess that is something. Just waiting on a decision now.
Fantastic. Best of luck  :)
Found My Soulmate 12/2017
Engaged : 6/15/2018
Married : 10/28/2018
Priority Spouse Online App Submitted : 11/19/2018
Biometrics appointment : 11/23/2018
Docs sent to NY : 11/23/2018
Doc received in NY : 11/26/2018
Docs received in Sheffield email :12/21/2018
Email requesting proof of Priority Service : 1/26/2019
Email stating "technical issue which is delaying this application : 1/30/2019
Email requesting bank statements to be re-sent : 2/14/2019
2nd Email requesting bank statements: 3/4/19
Decision made email: 3/6/19
Visa : YESS 3/7/19 (70BD)

« Reply #475 on: April 17, 2019, 05:13:16 PM »
Visa finally came through as a YES!

Decision made email came through on 4/11.
Took my passport back to the Miami premium center on 4/15.
Visa valid from 4/24. > Flight is booked for the same day.

Total processing time from 3/15 (day after VFS appointment) to 4/11 was:

21 Business Days

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab