Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Losing my mind: Car accident, home flooded & more (all while trying to emigrate)  (Read 2961 times)

• Liked: 676
*sigh* Feeling like I will never cross the finish line. Found out why I've been feeling extra crummy, there's a cracked heat exchanger in my furnace throwing out 10ppm CO. So not enough to kill me and set off the detectors, but enough to make me feel pretty crummy. Still have to paint and finish clearing things, now with no heat as it's not safe to run.  I don't know how people smoothly move to a new country on the drop of a hat, I've had months and still can't do it in time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!

• Liked: 1260
*sigh* Feeling like I will never cross the finish line. Found out why I've been feeling extra crummy, there's a cracked heat exchanger in my furnace throwing out 10ppm CO. So not enough to kill me and set off the detectors, but enough to make me feel pretty crummy. Still have to paint and finish clearing things, now with no heat as it's not safe to run.  I don't know how people smoothly move to a new country on the drop of a hat, I've had months and still can't do it in time!

I think, to answer your question, it doesn't matter how much you try it's bound to have some bumps along the way...There will always be things that you forget or that don't pan out as planned last minute. All you can do is just do the best you can and what doesn't come together simply just doesn't come together and you just adapt however you can.

Sending positive vibes to you guys though that both of your luck turns around as it seems like it's been especially rocky for you both...
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 66

Holy cow! How're you doing? Has it been repaired? That's so scary - I'm so sorry!
Spouse Visa (Priority)

App Submitted Online: 18 Oct 2017
Biometrics + Docs Sent: 23 Oct 2017
Received in Sheffield email: 25 Oct 2017
Decision email: 20 Nov 2017 (18 BD)
Passport received: 22 Nov 2017 (APPROVED)
Travel to UK: 28 Dec 2017

FLR(m):
App Submitted Online: 08 July 2020
Biometrics submitted via IDV app: 7 Sept 2020
Approval: 19 Nov 2020

ILR (Priority):
App submitted: 19 Jan 2023
Biometrics: 8 Feb 2023
Approval: 8 Feb 2023

Citizenship:
App submitted: 28 July 2023
Biometrics: 17 Aug 2023
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

• Liked: 957
Holy cow! How're you doing? Has it been repaired? That's so scary - I'm so sorry!
I have a small house so I'm using space heaters. It hasn't been repaired, I don't have a spare $3k for a new furnace. I am so financially under water from medical bills that I physically can't breathe now from all the stress of this move. If I don't end up hospitalized between now and when I'm supposed to travel I will be impressed. (Medical problems mainly unrelated to carbon monoxide but that sure didn't help!)

I have a small house so I'm using space heaters. It hasn't been repaired, I don't have a spare $3k for a new furnace. I am so financially under water from medical bills that I physically can't breathe now from all the stress of this move. If I don't end up hospitalized between now and when I'm supposed to travel I will be impressed. (Medical problems mainly unrelated to carbon monoxide but that sure didn't help!)

I am so so sorry. Do you get to travel soon at least?
Spouse Visa (Priority)

FLR(m):

ILR (Priority):

Citizenship:
Approval: 27 Nov 2023
Ceremony: 27 Nov 2023

• Liked: 957
I am so so sorry. Do you get to travel soon at least?
The 20th with my kitty, out of an airport in Canada using a cargo company for her but still having to do all the paperwork myself. So whatever is done on the house by then is what will be done! And hopefully the realtor can help me winterize it. I'm contacting the furnace manufacturer to see if they can help, if there have been any recalls on this model, and potentially contacting the consumer safety product commission but I know it won't be fixed by the time I move. I'm just super overwhelmed and in excruciating pain because any amount of lifting over 10lb and any repetitive motion is too much, so my legs and arms haven't stopped hurting in weeks.

• Liked: 676
Oh, gosh.  Can't do more than send good thoughts your way, and the infamous "this, too, shall pass" and one day be no more than a memory. Good luck!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
Hang in there margo. 
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

The 20th with my kitty, out of an airport in Canada using a cargo company for her but still having to do all the paperwork myself. So whatever is done on the house by then is what will be done! And hopefully the realtor can help me winterize it. I'm contacting the furnace manufacturer to see if they can help, if there have been any recalls on this model, and potentially contacting the consumer safety product commission but I know it won't be fixed by the time I move. I'm just super overwhelmed and in excruciating pain because any amount of lifting over 10lb and any repetitive motion is too much, so my legs and arms haven't stopped hurting in weeks.

So sorry, margo. I hope you can just get to the 20th and put it all behind you <3
Spouse Visa (Priority)

FLR(m):

ILR (Priority):

Citizenship: