Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Tier 4 to FLR(M) Document Checklist  (Read 1782 times)

• Liked: 5
Tier 4 to FLR(M) Document Checklist
« on: December 06, 2017, 05:59:10 PM »
    Hi everyone,

Apologies for another document checklist thread, but we're in the final stages of compiling our application for a premium appointment in Cardiff next week.

It would be hugely appreciated if any of you had the time to look over this and make sure we haven't left out anything glaringly obvious!

So far we have:

- Completed FLR(M) form
    - Premium appointment confirmation email
    - Payment of IHS confirmation email
    - Payment confirmation email

Applicant:

- Passports x 2 (he changed his name when we married)
    - BRP
    - 2 x passport photos with name on the back

Sponsor:

- Passport
    - 1 x passport photo with name on the back

Financial documents

Unfortunately I work part time and am just under the financial requirement on my own, so we're having to make things slightly more complicated by combining our salaries to meet the requirement. We're applying under Category A.

Sponsor:

- Letter from employer
- Employment contract
- 6 months of payslips (stamped and signed)
- 6 months corresponding bank statements

Applicant:

- Letter from employer
- Employment contract
- 6 months of payslips (stamped and signed)
- 6 months corresponding bank statements

Accommodation

- Letter from parents confirming we live there, that we have permission to continue to do so and the number of bedrooms and other residents
- Land registry document
- Property inspection report

Correspondence

We started living together when he moved into the country in August 2016, so we can only provide 15 months of evidence. Unfortunately mine is a little sparse at the beginning of this period, but I'm hoping we have enough to see us through.

September 2016:

- HSBC etter from bank (applicant)
- HSBC duplicate bank statement (sponsor) - HSBC they refused to stamp the print out from online banking so I'm having to rely on a duplicate. I'm wondering if I should provide the pdf print out as well?

Nov 2016:

- National Insurance letter (applicant)

January 2017:

- NHS letter (applicant)
- HSBC annual summary of credit card charges (sponsor)

April 2017:

- HSBC bank statement (applicant)
- P60 - stamped and signed by employer (sponsor) (applicant)

June/July 2017:

- HSBC joint account statement (both)

August/September 2017:

- Home Office letter (applicant)
- Student Loans annual statement (sponsor)

November 2017:

- Natwest joint savings account letter (both)

Additional Documents

- Marriage certificate
- Letter from the applicant's university confirming he completed his studies
- Photos from wedding
- Boarding passes/e-tickets dating back to 2012
- Facebook screenshots

We don't plan to hand over the photographs, plane tickets or FB screenshots but we figure having them on our person is smart.

Thanks in advance to anyone who takes the time to help/reassure us! This is definitely one of the most stressful things we've ever had to do and the advice on this forum has been invaluable. [/list]
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 06:34:16 PM by seanna »

• Liked: 3595
Re: Tier 4 to FLR(M) Document Checklist
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 06:16:03 PM »
You don't need the property inspection report, so you can take that out, though you can always take it with you to the appointment just in case.

In regards to the financial documents, if you have this year's P60s, I would include those as well.

For your correspondence, you want the documents to be as evenly spaced as possible. If you've been living together for 15 months, that's approximately 1 document each for every 3 months.

So I would go with:

August/September 2016
1. HSBC letter from bank (applicant)
1. HSBC duplicate bank statement (sponsor) - if the duplicate has been printed by the bank, that's all you need.

November 2016
2. National Insurance letter (applicant)
2. Sponsor?

January/February 2017
3. NHS letter (applicant)
3. HSBC annual summary of credit card charges (sponsor)

April/May 2017
4. HSBC bank statement (applicant)
4. P60 - stamped and signed by employer (applicant)

July/August 2017
5. HSBC joint account statement (both)
or
5. Home Office letter (applicant)
5. Student Loans annual statement (sponsor)

November 2017
6. Natwest joint savings account letter (both)

So, you need one more document for you from November 2016, as you only have 5 suitable documents in your name and a 6-month gap with no documents from you... can you use a bank statement or something?

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 06:33:21 PM »
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply ksand.

I'll move the inspection report to my "extras" folder for the day.

I realise that I typod in the April/May section as it's my P60 that I'm providing, not the applicants. Sorry for the mistake, my brain is apparently not fully functioning right now!

That being said, you're absolutely right about November. I can provide a bank statement, however it is unfortunately another duplicate (which is why I was reticent to include it). This is causing me concern because I've changed my name since this time last year, making it very apparent that the statement was sent out at a later point. Do you think I'm worrying unnecessarily about this?

I've learned my lesson about paperless statements and have now changed all of my accounts to paper (sorry trees!).

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 06:38:38 PM »
I realise that I typod in the April/May section as it's my P60 that I'm providing, not the applicants. Sorry for the mistake, my brain is apparently not fully functioning right now!

No worries :).

That being said, you're absolutely right about November. I can provide a bank statement, however it is unfortunately another duplicate (which is why I was reticent to include it). This is causing me concern because I've changed my name since this time last year, making it very apparent that the statement was sent out at a later point. Do you think I'm worrying unnecessarily about this?

What do you mean by duplicate?

You can either send:
- an original statement either mailed by the bank or printed in-branch by the bank (printed at any time)
or
- a statement printed from online banking and stamped by the bank to prove it's authentic

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 06:52:29 PM »

What do you mean by duplicate?

You can either send:
- an original statement either mailed by the bank or printed in-branch by the bank (printed at any time)
or
- a statement printed from online banking and stamped by the bank to prove it's authentic

The bank were willing to print out statements in branch from our online banking, but they refused to stamp them or write a letter confirming their authenticity. They said the only other thing they could do would be to send out a duplicate statement from the same period. So it's an authentic bank statement, from the necessary time period, but it was only sent to me last month, meaning it's been sent to me in my married name - not the one I had in November of last year!

Thank you again for your replies, I so appreciate any guidance on this!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:03:16 PM »
The bank were willing to print out statements in branch from our online banking, but they refused to stamp them or write a letter confirming their authenticity. They said the only other thing they could do would be to send out a duplicate statement from the same period.

That's fine - it doesn't need to be stamped or accompanied by a letter if they have printed it in-branch. It will be considered original.

The ONLY time the statements must be stamped/have a letter is if you have printed them at home from online banking.

So it's an authentic bank statement, from the necessary time period, but it was only sent to me last month, meaning it's been sent to me in my married name - not the one I had in November of last year!

I don't see that it would be an issue. As long as it has the correct dates, it should be fine.

So, you can include either:
- the duplicate statement with the new name
or
- the printed in-branch statement (which has the old name?)
or
- a statement printed from online banking that has been stamped by the bank

Or you could even take all of them and then see which one they want!

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:09:35 PM »
That's fine - it doesn't need to be stamped or accompanied by a letter if they have printed it in-branch. It will be considered original.

The ONLY time the statements must be stamped/have a letter is if you have printed them at home from online banking.

I don't see that it would be an issue. As long as it has the correct dates, it should be fine.

So, you can include either:
- the duplicate statement with the new name
or
- the printed in-branch statement (which has the old name?)
or
- a statement printed from online banking that has been stamped by the bank

Or you could even take all of them and then see which one they want!

Thank you so much for clarifying this! I'll probably go with the "take them all" option, because my anxious mind likes the sound of that (but maybe only include one set in the application and have the others with me for the 'just in case' scenario).

You've been enormously helpful, I really am very grateful. Thank you  :)

• Liked: 10
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Good luck! We are applying in Cardiff next week as well, same visa :)

does anyone know whether the letter from the employer should be stamped and signed? or is it fine as long as it is sent by post and includes all the require information?

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
does anyone know whether the letter from the employer should be stamped and signed? or is it fine as long as it is sent by post and includes all the require information?

It doesn't need to be 'certified' by way of a stamp/signature in that sense, because it is not a copy, it's an original letter.

However, it should be printed on company letterhead, with a wet signature on it.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 05:17:25 PM »
Good luck! We are applying in Cardiff next week as well, same visa :)

Oh gosh! Good luck to you too, I'll be crossing my fingers for the both of us :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 06:02:14 PM »
Best of luck to both of you!  :)

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2017, 06:11:29 PM »
Thank you!  :)

I'm so thankful for all the lovely and knowledgeable people on this forum. I don't know where we'd be without you guys!

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2017, 08:32:57 AM »
I wanted to let you all know that we were granted our visa! Huge thanks to everyone on this forum, we know we couldn’t have done this without your advice.

I think I remember reading your appointment is today Belqisaa, so sending you huge amounts of luck! The people at Cardiff are super lovely and we had our decision made in under two hours. Hoping your day goes as smoothly as ours did :)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2017, 08:34:44 AM »
I wanted to let you all know that we were granted our visa! Huge thanks to everyone on this forum, we know we couldn’t have done this without your advice.

I think I remember reading your appointment is today Belqisaa, so sending you huge amounts of luck! The people at Cardiff are super lovely and we had our decision made in under two hours. Hoping your day goes as smoothly as ours did :)

Yay! Congratulations seanna!  ;D

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2017, 08:34:45 AM »
Congratulations :D!

Glad it went smoothly and you didn’t have to wait around for too long :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab