Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Finally a forum I can relate to!  (Read 811 times)

• Liked: 21
Finally a forum I can relate to!
« on: December 24, 2017, 10:35:51 AM »
Hi all,
I've been looking for a forum like this for so long. I'm from the UK but my fiance is from the US, we are currently looking through visa options that would allow him to visit and then stay in the UK.
First Met: December 2013
Married: June 29th 2018
He Submitted: 18th May 2019
Passport arrived back - APPROVED: 10th September 2019
Landed in the UK: 25th September 2019

FLR (M) Submitted: 19th March 2022
Biometrics Appointment: 4th April 2022

• Liked: 6110
Re: Finally a forum I can relate to!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2017, 11:03:14 AM »
Welcome!  :)

The finance visa would allow you to do that but if you want to save a lot of red tape, time and money, it would be better for you to marry in the US and apply directly for the spouse visa.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2017, 04:44:30 PM »
Hey hey,
We did the fiance visa, it is quite a bit more expensive and you only have a maximum of 6 monthes to spend together and then you have to be married and applied for FLR at the end of it. I’m happy we did it, but we could have saved a lot of money just getting married and skipping that step.

It doesn't make it any easier to do anything. It just gives you a few monthes to live together before hand. He won't be able to work at all (even if it's for a US company),look for a job, volunteer, or do anything remotely like work. He'll need health insurance for those 6 months as he won't be covered by the NHS until his FLR is approved after you're married.

If he could afford to take a sabbatical from work he could come over for a few months beforehand on a visitor visa, just realise he would have to go back to the US to apply for a settlement visa. You also aren't able to get married in the UK on a visitor visa. Gotta love it. 🙄
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 13
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 04:34:48 PM »
Hi!

I'm an American woman married to a UK citizen.  I would visit the UK as a visitor (<6 mo out of 12 mo).  We got married in the USA because it was simpler/cheaper.  Now applying to join him in the UK under a UK spouse visa.

Wishing you the best!  :)
Type of Application: Settlement Visa (Priority)
Biometrics: 5 Jan '18
Application sent: 5 Jan' 18
Application received in Sheffield: 8 Jan
Application received email: 8 Jan
Decision email received: 12 Jan
Passport received: 15 Jan - APPROVED!!
Flight to UK: 9 Feb

Sponsored Links