Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee > Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions  (Read 5790 times)

• Liked: 8
Re: Fiancee > Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2018, 10:00:34 PM »
That seems to be the current processing time, yes, and it has been pretty steady for the last year.

In fact, I think someone just got theirs in 5 weeks :).

Thanks! Looks like this could be our new preferred option.

Sorry to be a pain, but do you know of a recent post / thread that outlines the procedure for applying through the mail? 

Also, my fiancee paid for the IHS surcharge earlier today before she got through to the page where one can choose where the priority appointment would take place. We have a 'transaction reference number', which appeared in the email confirmation she received as: IHSXXXXXXXXX (all numbers).  However, the email also says:

'On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.'

So is there a second reference number we need?  If so, it seems like we won't receive this until we confirm a priority centre appointment??  Obviously this would be a big issue if we now decide we want to proceed with a postal application.

Hope this makes sense! Sorry for the rambling and numerous queries!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2018, 10:11:54 PM »
Thanks! Looks like this could be our new preferred option.

Sorry to be a pain, but do you know of a recent post / thread that outlines the procedure for applying through the mail? 

Also, my fiancee paid for the IHS surcharge earlier today before she got through to the page where one can choose where the priority appointment would take place. We have a 'transaction reference number', which appeared in the email confirmation she received as: IHSXXXXXXXXX (all numbers).  However, the email also says:

'On completion of your IHS application you will also be emailed a copy of your IHS reference number, which you will need for your immigration application.'

So is there a second reference number we need?  If so, it seems like we won't receive this until we confirm a priority centre appointment??  Obviously this would be a big issue if we now decide we want to proceed with a postal application.

Hope this makes sense! Sorry for the rambling and numerous queries!

The guidance notes explain the process pretty well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673012/FLR_M_Guidance_Notes_-_April_2017.pdf

I think you will get another email but that is your IHS number already. There is a space on the paper form to fill it in. And definitely use the paper form whichever way you end up applying. There have been numerous problems with the online application for FLR(M)
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 10:13:29 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2018, 11:14:15 PM »
The guidance notes explain the process pretty well.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/673012/FLR_M_Guidance_Notes_-_April_2017.pdf

I think you will get another email but that is your IHS number already. There is a space on the paper form to fill it in. And definitely use the paper form whichever way you end up applying. There have been numerous problems with the online application for FLR(M)

Wicked, cheers!

We will get the form printed, assemble our docs and get everything prepared.

If possible, we will get an appointment booked at one of the centres. 

If not, we will get it sent off the day after our ceremony.  Before the wedding there's nothing else we can do other than get everything filled out and prepared, right?  The biometrics appointment (at the post office) would take place once Sheffield receives our full application and contacts us?

And finally, this - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm - is the form we need to print and fill out?  And then we assemble all supporting docs in the same way we did for the original 'fiancee' application and send it to Sheffield?

Thanks guys! <3

• Liked: 1327
Re: Fiancee &gt; Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2018, 11:36:43 PM »
Before the wedding there's nothing else we can do other than get everything filled out and prepared, right?  The biometrics appointment (at the post office) would take place once Sheffield receives our full application and contacts us?

I did my in-person FLR(M) the day after my husband and I married.  The only thing to watch out for is some registry offices don't always have the marriage certificate available same-day.  We ordered several extra copies to be prepared and mailed to us after the ceremony, but on the day, we waited for them to prepare one to take with us to our application appointment the following day.  Phone them up and find out if that's going to be possible before you book your appointment, and to let them know this is something you want/need.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

Re: Fiancee &gt; Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2018, 08:12:11 AM »
The biometrics appointment (at the post office) would take place once Sheffield receives our full application and contacts us?

You'll receive a letter inviting you to attend for biometrics which you will need to bring with you. No appointment required but check before you go because only the larger Post Offices offer the service.  You can check here. http://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-finder

And finally, this - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/apply-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-as-a-partner-or-dependent-child-form-flrm - is the form we need to print and fill out?  And then we assemble all supporting docs in the same way we did for the original 'fiancee' application and send it to Sheffield?

Yes, that's the one. Don't forget the mail in both your names to the same address, so get her added to all the bills and turn off paperless if you haven't already!

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 08:49:47 AM by larrabee »

« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2018, 07:54:20 PM »
Thanks folks!

We're starting to compile our documents.  Got a few more questions.

When my fiancee arrived in early January she moved in with me immediately.  We have since moved to a new address.

We will include as many pieces of mail as possible, but some of this will be addressed to our old house - we assume this won't be an issue? 

Also, should we be aiming for six pieces of mail with our names on?  None of the ones we currently have collected list both of our names on the same letter, but we have plenty that are addressed to either of us.

Given the above, do we need to include the tenancy agreements from both of the properties we have lived at since she arrived, or just the current one?

As I have mentioned previously, my fiancee is not on the current tenancy agreement. We are asking the managing agent of our house to produce a letter stating she is staying here permanently with me. This will be signed by our managing agent, not the landlord. Will this be sufficient to fulfill the accommodation requirement? Also, will this need to be signed in fresh ink?

Finally, I just wanted to double check that we need to send all of this to Durham, not Sheffield.  I had assumed it would be going to the same processing centre as the Fiancee application, but the FLR(M) application form states otherwise.

Thanks again :)

« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2018, 08:05:09 PM »
Thanks folks!

We're starting to compile our documents.  Got a few more questions.

When my fiancee arrived in early January she moved in with me immediately.  We have since moved to a new address.

We will include as many pieces of mail as possible, but some of this will be addressed to our old house - we assume this won't be an issue? 

Not a problem

Also, should we be aiming for six pieces of mail with our names on?  None of the ones we currently have collected list both of our names on the same letter, but we have plenty that are addressed to either of us.

6 pieces each is fine if you don't have joint

Given the above, do we need to include the tenancy agreements from both of the properties we have lived at since she arrived, or just the current one?

Just the current one.

As I have mentioned previously, my fiancee is not on the current tenancy agreement. We are asking the managing agent of our house to produce a letter stating she is staying here permanently with me. This will be signed by our managing agent, not the landlord. Will this be sufficient to fulfill the accommodation requirement? Also, will this need to be signed in fresh ink?

Yes fine if you have a wet signature.

Finally, I just wanted to double check that we need to send all of this to Durham, not Sheffield.  I had assumed it would be going to the same processing centre as the Fiancee application, but the FLR(M) application form states otherwise.

Use the address on the form.

Thanks again :)

Any luck with your appointment yet?  :)

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2018, 08:11:53 PM »

Not at all - you just provide documents for whichever address you were living at on the date each document was issued.

You'll need to provide similar documents for the next 5 years (2 years' worth for the next FLR(M) and then 2.5 years' worth for ILR), so you could end up providing documents from a number of different addresses over the years.

You definitely need the current one, to meet the Accommodation Requirement.

The previous one doesn't need to be included unless you are using it as one of your 6 documents for the relationship requirement.

It needs a wet signature :).

The address is listed on the FLR(M) form... so it's Durham.

- If you apply using the paper form, it goes to Durham.
- If you apply online (which we don't recommend), it goes to Sheffield.

They used to only process applications made outside the UK in Sheffield, but since they introduced the online FLR(M) form, they've started processing those ones in Sheffield.

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2018, 04:29:53 PM »
Any luck with your appointment yet?  :)

For the first time since I started watching this over a week ago, I see appointments at my nearest premium service center!

The earliest available looks to be be 40 days away (I can't scroll the calendar any earlier than that), but there are multiple appointments showing for days 40, 41, and 42... then, of course, nothing after that, because it's too far out to book them.

I really wish I could just book now so I wouldn't have this stress hanging over me. Hopefully, this will be working in ~5 weeks' time when I can book mine, and hopefully fees won't have gone up yet!

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 04:32:04 PM »
For the first time since I started watching this over a week ago, I see appointments at my nearest premium service center!

The earliest available looks to be be 40 days away (I can't scroll the calendar any earlier than that), but there are multiple appointments showing for days 40, 41, and 42... then, of course, nothing after that, because it's too far out to book them.

I really wish I could just book now so I wouldn't have this stress hanging over me. Hopefully, this will be working in ~5 weeks' time when I can book mine, and hopefully fees won't have gone up yet!

That's really good news. I hope so too!  ;D
And at least now we know that it was a glitch and you know what it should look like!

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 04:37:09 PM »
That's really good news. I hope so too!  ;D
And at least now we know that it was a glitch and you know what it should look like!

It's weird, though.  None of the premium centres has available slots before April 3rd, and April 5th is 42 days from now... Is that normal?  There's only a 3-day window in which you can book your appointment, 40 days in advance?  If you miss it, you're out of luck?  This is a very stressful system.

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 04:43:11 PM »
It's weird, though.  None of the premium centres has available slots before April 3rd, and April 5th is 42 days from now... Is that normal?  There's only a 3-day window in which you can book your appointment, 40 days in advance?  If you miss it, you're out of luck?  This is a very stressful system.

Glitch improving if not all the way resolved then! When I booked there was nothing at all for the first two weeks then about 2 weeks worth of good availability.

Do you think that you should leave it alone for a while now, for your sanity? That's what I did but it was easy for me because when I was figuring out the system, there were loads available.

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 04:52:52 PM »
Glitch improving if not all the way resolved then! When I booked there was nothing at all for the first two weeks then about 2 weeks worth of good availability.

Do you think that you should leave it alone for a while now, for your sanity? That's what I did but it was easy for me because when I was figuring out the system, there were loads available.

Now that I've seen some appointments actually show up (for my premium centre), it's probably a good idea to let this go until I'm within 42 days of eligibility.  I was hoping to watch it for a bit to learn the pattern for when dates are released, so I could be certain to get the one I want.  But that's not going to work, apparently.  Bah.  So, yeah.  I'll ignore it 'til the last week of March when I can actually book.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 05:02:22 PM »
Now that I've seen some appointments actually show up (for my premium centre), it's probably a good idea to let this go until I'm within 42 days of eligibility.  I was hoping to watch it for a bit to learn the pattern for when dates are released, so I could be certain to get the one I want.  But that's not going to work, apparently.  Bah.  So, yeah.  I'll ignore it 'til the last week of March when I can actually book.

Not a bad idea.

I didn't look or get a feel for anything until I was within my 6 week booking window and it worked out just fine.  :)

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 08:56:35 PM »
Hi guys

@jfkimberly we're seeing the same thing as you.  April 3 is the first date available, both at Glasgow and Belfast - though they do show different time availability. The rest of them show the 45 day error message.

We're considering going ahead ad booking an appointment for April 3. But we would be kicking ourselves if we ended up booking it and then the website fixes itself and it turns out there was something available earlier.

Any advice / thoughts?

Sponsored Links