Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Fiancee > Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions  (Read 5789 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Fiancee > Marriage visa - FLR(M) questions
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2018, 09:12:56 AM »
While it makes absolutely ZERO difference for the application, technically now that she's married she would be Ms. instead of Miss.

Don't let me get on my soapbox about the UK and their obsession with titles.  It should NOT be a required field (but is on so many things).   ;D

• Liked: 8
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2018, 08:47:32 PM »
I'm not sure (on either question).

At first glance, I would say yes, but it's not relevant to this application in any way, and I don't see why it would need to be included since it is no longer valid and she is on a different visa now.

Remember, this form is also being used by people who already have a current, valid FLR(M) or spousal visa and are applying for an extension of it, in which case they have to include their current visa (BRP card) with the application... which is what you will be doing in 2.5 years' time.

Just to clarify, she was issued a biometrics residence permit as a student in 2015; you're saying that, while it counts as previous application for leave, it's not necessary to include at this time?

Also, we're having difficulty locating the stamped biometrics appointment form from my wife's application for the fiancé visa. They do return this with the application, correct? Just making sure it isn't safely in a file in Sheffield before I begin the second search!

Thanks again!

« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2018, 09:05:25 PM »
Just to clarify, she was issued a biometrics residence permit as a student in 2015; you're saying that, while it counts as previous application for leave, it's not necessary to include at this time?

Also, we're having difficulty locating the stamped biometrics appointment form from my wife's application for the fiancé visa. They do return this with the application, correct? Just making sure it isn't safely in a file in Sheffield before I begin the second search!

Thanks again!

They would NOT have returned the stamped biometrics form!  Halt the search!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2018, 09:21:04 PM »

As mentioned, it will not have been returned. Were you looking for it for any particular reason?

If it's to work out what date she attended biometrics, it was October 31st 2017 (as per your previous posts).

If it's for the address of the USCIS ASC, you can find the address here :
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

Also, if she still has the email for her biometrics confirmation, the information will likely be on there as well.

« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2018, 10:01:17 PM »
Thanks again guys.

At question 7.3A, (iv) 'Have you/your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount specified for the 6 months prior to the date of this application?

Technically no.  I've been employed by the same employer since 2016, but have had a pay rise in the past 6 months.  Should we answer Yes or No here?

Cheers :)

« Reply #80 on: March 21, 2018, 10:23:12 PM »
I'm not sure (on either question).

At first glance, I would say yes, but it's not relevant to this application in any way, and I don't see why it would need to be included since it is no longer valid and she is on a different visa now.

Remember, this form is also being used by people who already have a current, valid FLR(M) or spousal visa and are applying for an extension of it, in which case they have to include their current visa (BRP card) with the application... which is what you will be doing in 2.5 years' time.

Yes, it's relevant... it's the consulate that issued your visa.

You answer these questions as follows:

9.12 - Yes
9.13:
- the date of her fiance visa biometrics appointment
AND
-the date of her student visa biometrics appointment

9.14:
- the address of the USCIS Application Support Center where she gave biometrics for her fiance visa
AND
- the address where she gave biometrics for the student visa

9.15 - the address of UKVI Sheffield, where her fiance visa was issued
AND
- the address of the New York consulate where the student visa was issued

If there isn't room for it all, she can continue on a separate sheet.

In total, including the student visa time.

We can't find the date of her student visa biometric appointment - are we running a risk if we don't include any information about this?

Also, the total time she has lived here is 1 year, 3 months (including student visa time).  There is then a table asking us to detail reason for any absence from the UK for more than 6 months.  She visited me monthly during the year she wasn't living here (i.e. after her student visa expires but before she got the fiance visa), so wasn't away for more than 6 months.  Should we therefore leave this blank?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 10:35:21 PM by JimmynD »

« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2018, 09:20:52 AM »
We can't find the date of her student visa biometric appointment - are we running a risk if we don't include any information about this?

Also, the total time she has lived here is 1 year, 3 months (including student visa time).  There is then a table asking us to detail reason for any absence from the UK for more than 6 months.  She visited me monthly during the year she wasn't living here (i.e. after her student visa expires but before she got the fiance visa), so wasn't away for more than 6 months.  Should we therefore leave this blank?

If you can estimate the month/year for the biometrics of the previous visa, I'd put that.

For the "living in the UK" question, you only use the time since she moved on her settlement visa.  Her time on her student visa does NOT count as living in the UK, as she was studying in the UK.  :)  Hope that helps.

« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2018, 09:25:53 AM »
If you can estimate the month/year for the biometrics of the previous visa, I'd put that.

For the "living in the UK" question, you only use the time since she moved on her settlement visa.  Her time on her student visa does NOT count as living in the UK, as she was studying in the UK.  :)  Hope that helps.

That's great, cheers!

And any ideas on this?:

At question 7.3A, (iv) 'Have you/your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount specified for the 6 months prior to the date of this application?

Technically no.  I've been employed by the same employer since 2016, but have had a pay rise in the past 6 months.  Should we answer Yes or No here?

Thanks again :)

« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2018, 09:26:57 AM »
That's great, cheers!

And any ideas on this?:

Thanks again :)

Have you been earning over £18,600 in the 6 months prior to the date of the application?  If so, you answer yes.  £18,600 is the "amount specified" if there are no children included on the application.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab