Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Applying for spouse visa  (Read 2481 times)

• Liked: 0
Applying for spouse visa
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:54:55 AM »
I’m needing to put together my proof of communication with my husband to apply for a spouse visa, and my husband is a UK citizen. I don’t have much proof of. Text messaging because I’ve gone through phones, and my iCloud hasn’t backed up my text messages. I also can’t prove much on our FaceTime history, it doesn’t show any of it on my phone bills. I do have letters and emails. 

How do I put them together? As well with letters? Do I keep them in their envelopes or lay them out and staple the envelope to the letter?

And how much of my text messages do I print out? Are screen shots okay? How lengthy should this be? Also, they don’t really state dates on the iPhone text, just things like “Monday, 3:15pm”

Do I need cover letters to explain every subject we provide?

Do I keep all of the boarding passes in an envelope? Should I staple them on a piece of paper, so it's easy to lay out?
Do I bring only boarding passes of me going to England, or do I provide my return home boarding passes as well?
Thank you!

• Liked: 3595
Applying for spouse visa
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 05:02:52 AM »
For boarding passes, just put them in a pile. No staples; maybe secure with a rubber band if needed. You want to provide boarding passes of your flights TO the UK, and then boarding passes from your spouse going TO the US to visit you.

For the letters, you don’t need the envelopes, just lay the letters flat in a pile. No staples.

For messages, you just want a list of names, dates and times, ideally with no actual message content included. You should be able to get messages covering the entire relationship on 1-2 sheets of paper. For example, if you’ve been together 2 years, you might want to include 2 messages per month, just a screenshot of the date and time, pasted in a list on a couple of sheets of paper.

Same for emails - no email content, just filter your inbox to only show emails to each other and take screenshots of a selection of emails through the length of your relationship, then paste onto 1-2 sheets of paper.

Basically, you want to provide your message/email/call log evidence as if it’s an old itemised phone bill - just a list of recipient, dates and times with no content... they only need to see that you communicate regularly, they don’t need to know what you talk about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 0
Re: Applying for spouse visa
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 10:40:57 AM »
I didn’t realize that I would have to prove my text messages through date, and have gone through 3 phones in 1 year. I just got the phone I’m using right now at the end of October. And since it was all international, we used iMessage, which doesn’t show up on phone bills. I’m literally losing sleep from worrying that I don’t have enough evidence to prove my communication with my partner. I don’t know what to do.

• Liked: 537
Re: Applying for spouse visa
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 11:05:24 AM »
I didn’t realize that I would have to prove my text messages through date, and have gone through 3 phones in 1 year. I just got the phone I’m using right now at the end of October. And since it was all international, we used iMessage, which doesn’t show up on phone bills. I’m literally losing sleep from worrying that I don’t have enough evidence to prove my communication with my partner. I don’t know what to do.

If you don't have a way to prove it, you don't have it. Provide what you can. Write down how you communicate and the frequency and then explain why you can't give proof throughout the entire relationship. You do what you can with this.

Show as much proof as you can and provide explanations. You aren't the only person who has had this issue, it happens on the regular. Just take a look at the visa section and you'll see. :)

We just happened to use easily traceable communications. IM on my laptop, emails and we were able to scrape together extensive Skype logs.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 11:07:29 AM by lyonaria »
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab