Author Topic: Newbies  (Read 244 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kirbyeager90

  • *
  • Posts: 36
  • Joined: Apr 2017
  • Location: Texas > Andover
  • Gender: Female
  • Liked: 1
« on: January 02, 2018, 07:39:39 PM »
Hey all, myself and my new wife have recently started the application process.

One confusing issue for us is, if we are successful how long a period would my wife (the US citizen) have to enter the UK with permission ?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline ksand24

  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 19581
  • Joined: Jan 2007
  • Gender: Female
  • Liked: 1972
Re: Newbies
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 07:46:49 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

The visa will be issued in two parts:

1) A visa vignette sticker in her passport valid for entry to the UK for 30 days
2) A BRP (Biometrics Residence Permit) ID card which she picks up from a designated UK Post Office within 10 days of arriving in the UK, which is valid for 33 months. This is her actual visa.

The 30-day validity of the visa vignette will be determined by the Intended Travel Date she puts on the online application. It will either be made valid from that date, or possibly from 7 days before that day, or if the date has passed before the visa is issued, it will be valid from approximately when the decision is made.

If she doesn't enter the UK within the 30 days, she will have to submit an application for a replacement vignette valid for another 30-day period to New York, which costs about £170 or so.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 07:48:25 PM by ksand24 »