Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Virgin Trains Tweet  (Read 709 times)

• Liked: 4985
Virgin Trains Tweet
« on: January 03, 2018, 02:04:31 PM »
Wow, did you see the Virgin Trains Tweet drama?

Not a good response Virgin...  I'm all for good humor, but I don't think this was appropriate at all.

Probably doesn't help that I hate being called "hun" or "love", no matter how innocent the use.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-01-02/virgin-trains-patronises-woman-after-sexism-complaint/

• Liked: 1327
Re: Virgin Trains Tweet
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:10:21 PM »

Not a good response Virgin...  I'm all for good humor, but I don't think this was appropriate at all.

Probably doesn't help that I hate being called "hun" or "love", no matter how innocent the use.

https://www.itv.com/news/2018-01-02/virgin-trains-patronises-woman-after-sexism-complaint/

I don't mind it when it's done casually, as women are just as likely to say "hon" or "love" to me as men are.  But I agree with the woman that the response to her complaint felt snarky and deliberate.  It was just rude.  Very poor "customer service".
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 768
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 02:57:29 PM »
I hate being called "hen". And both men and women use it here in Scotland.  Hate it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Liked: 537
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:10:43 PM »

I hate it too. From anyone. I'd get it from women mostly in the US and it really gets my dander up. Honey, hun, love, duck. Ugh. If it's not my husband saying it, just don't.

Whoever did it probably thought they were being edgy or a "cool"company with that response. It was probably a guy since they didn't get how badly it would be taken.

At least they were sensible, deleted it and offered a real apology. I bet that person got a stern talking too.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 05:00:15 PM »

Ugh. Wow.

Sexism seems a bit rampant in the culture here honestly. I hadn't noticed it as much on my visits but I got seriously pissed off while doing my grocery shopping and anything larger was labeled "man sized", as if a woman doesn't want a bigger piece of candy. And there are some 4 letter derogatory words that are just part of every day language.

I also would not respond kindly to being called hun, hen, or love. An ex boyfriend called me "love" after I'd been married, and after I became cross about it he told me he calls his female coworkers the same! I was like where on earth do you work where that's acceptable?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 09:44:16 AM »
And we just had to bail them out for a hundred million pounds or so.

No wonder Branson is always smiling.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

Sponsored Links