Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Almost hate to bring this up...  (Read 2560 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Almost hate to bring this up...
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 09:56:39 AM »
After reading everything, I can definitely see why you’d think that way. It was a bit surprising that he literally ended his life in the US to go “visit” the UK without actually looking into the visa process... that was one of the first things Husband and I did when we knew we wanted to be with each other but prior to getting married because we needed to know what we’d be getting into (I.E. deciding US or UK)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, given that he had a job, home and a car in the US, compared with her who was living off benefits and had 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, he could have just spent a short visit in the UK and then gone back to work in the US to save up some money for a visa, or even to help her out a bit.

Seems selfish on his part to put all the financial burden on her, given he couldn’t legally work in the UK, but could have continued working in the US.

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 10:03:39 AM »
Yeah, given that he had a job, home and a car in the US, compared with her who was living off benefits and had 2 kids and a 3rd on the way, he could have just spent a short visit in the UK and then gone back to work in the US to save up some money for a visa, or even to help her out a bit.

Seems selfish on his part to put all the financial burden on her, given he couldn’t legally work in the UK, but could have continued working in the US.

Yep not to mention family/friends/support system but they don’t seem to mention anything regarding that same support system on her end. It may all have an explanation but it seems dodgy with missing pieces and it does come across that he’s more of a burden to his wife financially than help. how was he working if he was here illegally??? And it was mentioned on their go fund me about them being together almost 12 years or something which didn’t match up with the timeline... Guess it doesn’t matter now as it’s all been resolved and they can be together. Again, I just hope she’s getting help for her anxiety if it’s as crippling as it was made out to be. The only person that can help her is herself.

My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 10:14:38 AM »
I hate to be the cynic but I’m fairly sure she will be quite comfortable with the amount of benefits she gets. And looking at her Facebook page, she definitely seemed capable of looking after herself.

ETA I know Sirius will be along soon to mention Universal Credit though!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 10:18:16 AM by larrabee »

• Liked: 154
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 11:37:02 AM »
Phew, that was quite a read.

I just read it all too. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen one of the couples mentioned on a channel four documentary on immigration.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Liked: 342
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2018, 01:28:10 PM »
ETA I know Sirius will be along soon to mention Universal Credit though!  ;)

;D
They will be spared from being moved onto the the strict requirements that UC has, for a while, as she has more than 2 children.

The 2014 MAC (Migration Advisory Committee) report that brought in the up to two chilren limit for welfare, that was mentioned in Parliament in the 2015 budget, is in addition to the Welfare Reform Act that brought in the replacement income based welfare system called *Universal Credit.

The 2 child limit will still be there for those that are not on UC yet, but those already on benefits and with more than 2 children, will claim the old legacy benefits until UC is ready to take them i.e. the Tax Credit benefit (don't have to work/work much, if they don't want to), ESA (get more money given to them than on JSA, so worth claiming instead of the JSA benefit and they won't be required to look for work, go on work experience, go to a work provider).

Nothing changes under Universal Credit for those that are on the present jobseekers benefit, but it will for the other claimants.

There is now a free childcare allowance for those that earn under 100k and there is no limit to the number of children that can be claimed for, but there is now a 2 child limit for income based welfare payments.

*Universal Credit is for claimants of working age and is replacing six income based benefits presently known as-
JSA (Jobseeker's Allowance); Child Tax Credits; Income Support; Working Tax Credits; ESA; Housing Benefit.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 03:58:37 PM by Sirius »

Sponsored Links