Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Continuing Treatment  (Read 3833 times)

• Liked: 59
Continuing Treatment
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:22:40 PM »
Hello!

I have my results of my cervical biopsy coming up on Thursday (though the system already updated in the app for my doc so I can see part of the diagnosis, woops!)

I have cervical dysplasia, I'm unsure of what CIN (1,2, or 3) but how would I go about getting my treatment (such as removing the precancerous cells or doing the follow up papsmears depending on the severity) in the UK?

I'm of course hoping to get this done before I move, but, it took them nearly 2 months to do the biopsy and if I don't get my visa approved and treatment before May, well, my insurance runs out, haha yay me.

Anyway, if anyone has any insight, that would be great, if not, I will just navigate the waters as I go :3
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 134
Re: Continuing Treatment
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:46:58 PM »
Do you have copies of your medical treatments or are you able to get some before you move?  Being able to provide the results of your most recent biopsy might speed the process along or allow them to put a care plan in place without having to re-run tests.  At least be knowledgeable about your own medical history so that you can fill your new GP in.
Met Mr. Beatlemania: 20 Jan 2010
Tier 4 Visa Approved: 17 Sep 2012
Spousal Visa Received:  22 Sep 2014
Ohio to Essex: 26 October 2014
FLR(M): 10 May 2017
ILR: 23 October 2019
Citizenship: 6 September 2022

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:24:17 PM »
Do you have copies of your medical treatments or are you able to get some before you move?  Being able to provide the results of your most recent biopsy might speed the process along or allow them to put a care plan in place without having to re-run tests.  At least be knowledgeable about your own medical history so that you can fill your new GP in.

I've gotten copies of everything as I've gone along, abnormal papsmear, positive HPV test, so I'll be sure to ask for a copy of my biopsy results and any treatments they discuss with me on Thursday.

Thank you!

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:36:12 PM »
I've gotten copies of everything as I've gone along, abnormal papsmear, positive HPV test, so I'll be sure to ask for a copy of my biopsy results and any treatments they discuss with me on Thursday.

Thank you!

Do you have a GP surgery in mind for when you arrive?  Maybe call them and explain the situation, hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest regarding continuity of care and be able to facilitate the registration process for you so minimal time is wasted.

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:43:54 PM »
Do you have a GP surgery in mind for when you arrive?  Maybe call them and explain the situation, hopefully they'll be able to put your mind at rest regarding continuity of care and be able to facilitate the registration process for you so minimal time is wasted.

I know my husband mentioned the GP surgery, I'll ask him to get the information so I can call and talk to them, that's a great idea, thanks larrabee :)

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
I know my husband mentioned the GP surgery, I'll ask him to get the information so I can call and talk to them, that's a great idea, thanks larrabee :)

Good luck!  :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:29 AM »
Yeah, definitely second larabee's suggestion of chatting with the GP's surgery. Basically, register right away, bring all your test results that you've got, and go from there. 

There's also a fair bit of information on this site, if you're wanting more specific information.

Good thoughts to you!   
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »

There's also a fair bit of information on this site, if you're wanting more specific information.

Good thoughts to you!

Thank you very much! :3

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 06:19:13 PM »

Thank you!
Make sure you have two copies... One to hang onto and one to give the GP. The one thing I have been warned about is that records go missing or are not in the right place pretty often here, as they aren't fully digitised. You'll probably also want to request notes following visits in the UK too to make sure they were accurate.

(I have about 400 pages of records to sort through because they were handed to me in a stack not even sorted by date. )

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 716
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »
Make sure you have two copies... One to hang onto and one to give the GP. The one thing I have been warned about is that records go missing or are not in the right place pretty often here, as they aren't fully digitised. You'll probably also want to request notes following visits in the UK too to make sure they were accurate.

(I have about 400 pages of records to sort through because they were handed to me in a stack not even sorted by date. )

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Absolutely right!  I gave a copy of the tests I’d had done for my heart condition to my GP when I arrived. A few months later when I was referred to the arrhythmia clinic I did bring another copy of my test results which was just as well as the hospital were totally unaware of them.

Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2018, 03:09:16 AM »
Thank you everyone!

Today I got my results (all unexpectedly very good news!) Though I still will have to have HPV testing with my Papsmear once a year, the doctor was very kind and gave me the copies of the results right there, and with all your advice I've already several copies of all my test results for when the time comes.

Thank you all again! <3

• Liked: 3589
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2018, 05:09:36 AM »
That’s great news :).

Just to note that the NHS only does routine pap smears every 3 years from age 25-49, and every 5 years from 50-65.

They will do them more frequently (i.e. every year) if you have a history of abnormal results or any other issues, so you’ll need to explain your medical history and make sure they give you the tests more often than every 3 years :).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2018, 06:26:06 AM »
Thank you everyone!

Today I got my results (all unexpectedly very good news!) Though I still will have to have HPV testing with my Papsmear once a year, the doctor was very kind and gave me the copies of the results right there, and with all your advice I've already several copies of all my test results for when the time comes.

Thank you all again! <3

What a relief.  :)

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2018, 06:32:25 AM »
Thank you, everyone!

I am going to be very sure to mention that due to my circumstances I will need yearly tests, not to mention I will bring my records (copies as I've now been warned!). My doctor was even nice enough to write a note on my file that she gave me stating why I would need yearly instead of the usual three.

I've really appreciated all the support from my ridiculous questions to this :)

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 840
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 08:47:13 AM »
Glad it's good results!
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

Sponsored Links