Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Continuing Treatment  (Read 3846 times)

• Liked: 718
Re: Continuing Treatment
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2018, 10:08:44 AM »
Thank you, everyone!

I am going to be very sure to mention that due to my circumstances I will need yearly tests, not to mention I will bring my records (copies as I've now been warned!). My doctor was even nice enough to write a note on my file that she gave me stating why I would need yearly instead of the usual three.

I've really appreciated all the support from my ridiculous questions to this :)

That is all good news.

8 or 9 years ago my baby sister, in her late 30's, had an abnormal pap smear on her 3 year routine test.  The problem was fixed immediately with surgery and she then went onto 3 month tests for a while then 6 months and after 5 years of normal results after the surgery has gone onto annual screening instead of every 3 years.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:09:56 AM by durhamlad »
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

• Liked: 957
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2018, 11:48:15 AM »
Thank you everyone!

Today I got my results (all unexpectedly very good news!) Though I still will have to have HPV testing with my Papsmear once a year, the doctor was very kind and gave me the copies of the results right there, and with all your advice I've already several copies of all my test results for when the time comes.

Thank you all again! <3
Glad everything is ok! It's easy to jump to the worst case scenario while waiting. I think a lot of women have gone through that stress, myself included, and thankfully after a couple years of 6 month paps I was given the all clear and back to annually or less.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 59
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2018, 03:30:49 PM »
That is all good news.

8 or 9 years ago my baby sister, in her late 30's, had an abnormal pap smear on her 3 year routine test.  The problem was fixed immediately with surgery and she then went onto 3 month tests for a while then 6 months and after 5 years of normal results after the surgery has gone onto annual screening instead of every 3 years.

As scary as it is, I'm glad she gets annual screening, I've taken this to mean that if ever anything should happen, it will be caught early and that can make all the difference, again I'm glad to hear your sister has been getting normal results :)
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

• Liked: 59
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2018, 03:32:39 PM »
Glad everything is ok! It's easy to jump to the worst case scenario while waiting. I think a lot of women have gone through that stress, myself included, and thankfully after a couple years of 6 month paps I was given the all clear and back to annually or less.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Honestly, I think the stress of it all is just in some cases the worst. They were an hour late seeing me for my appointment and I was like 'you all are lucky I did not throw up from being so nervous and worried'  :-X

I'm glad you're back to annual/less for your paps, congrats! :)
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

Sponsored Links