Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Redundancy and FLR (M)  (Read 16956 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Redundancy and FLR (M)
« Reply #150 on: November 02, 2018, 06:17:15 PM »
Oh yeah good idea, I'll give them a call on monday, hopefully that's enough time to see if the website updates too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think it's less likely to be a website thing and more likely that it was delivered but just not recorded.

The same thing happened to me recently with a recorded delivery (which is why I don't recommend using it for something that can't easily be re-produced) I was able to confirm receipt via the recipient's website in the end, but the track and trace never did update.

I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted... no pun intended!

• Liked: 8
« Reply #151 on: November 02, 2018, 06:20:43 PM »
I think it's less likely to be a website thing and more likely that it was delivered but just not recorded.

The same thing happened to me recently with a recorded delivery (which is why I don't recommend using it for something that can't easily be re-produced) I was able to confirm receipt via the recipient's website in the end, but the track and trace never did update.

I'm so sorry. Please keep us posted... no pun intended!
Yeah ive read some horror stories with losing packages that's why i went for the most expensive delivery option to make sure it gets there safely. I even put a prepaid special delivery inside so that ukvi could send our id's back safely too.

Will definitely keep you updated. That actually made me chuckle and cry on the inside

« Reply #152 on: November 02, 2018, 06:26:39 PM »
Yeah ive read some horror stories with losing packages that's why i went for the most expensive delivery option to make sure it gets there safely. I even put a prepaid special delivery inside so that ukvi could send our id's back safely too.

Will definitely keep you updated. That actually made me chuckle and cry on the inside

At least you had a little laugh!  :)

You did exactly the right thing, I did the very same. It's just such rotten luck.

Try to let it go over the weekend and hopefully by next week it'll be logged in and all will be well. The biometrics letters are taking longer at the moment, up to 3 weeks but that's another indicator.

• Liked: 537
« Reply #153 on: November 03, 2018, 12:22:55 AM »
Oh yeah good idea, I'll give them a call on monday, hopefully that's enough time to see if the website updates too.

We always watched for payments being taken on the card given. Then we knew the biometrics invitation would be on its way soon.
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #154 on: November 03, 2018, 07:30:54 AM »
We always watched for payments being taken on the card given. Then we knew the biometrics invitation would be on its way soon.
Oh crap i just checked my bank this morning and theres a payment been taken out from thw home office yesterday. So is a biometric invitation a sign of an approved application? Or is a biometric invite something different?

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

« Reply #155 on: November 03, 2018, 07:34:23 AM »
Oh crap i just checked my bank this morning and theres a payment been taken out from thw home office yesterday. So is a biometric invitation a sign of an approved application? Or is a biometric invite something different?

Oh, that's great news. It means they do have your application!

The biometric letter is something that you need to take with you to a participating Post Office in order to submit your biometrics. Once you've done that, they can process your application.

Don't forget to claim compensation for the special delivery service which you did not receive.

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2018, 07:37:04 AM »
Oh, that's great news. It means they do have your application!

The biometric letter is something that you need to take with you to a participating Post Office in order to submit your biometrics. Once you've done that, they can process your application.

Don't forget to claim compensation for the special delivery service which you did not receive.
Oooh i see! Thank you! Ugh that's so much stress off my shoulders now ^_^. So glad it reached them safely

« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2018, 07:39:10 AM »
Oooh i see! Thank you! Ugh that's so much stress off my shoulders now ^_^. So glad it reached them safely

Yeah, you can breathe easy! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!  :)

« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2018, 07:39:22 AM »

Not quite. The biometric invitation is a sign that your application will move into a pile for someone to work on AFTER you go to a post office and have your biometrics taken. It's the only thing you get in the post from UKVI that shows your application is moving forward, unless you forgot something and they're nice enough to ask for it. (I forgot to include my 6 months of bank statements last time and they nicely asked me for them.) It took 9 weeks because of that, but would have been done in under 8 weeks otherwise.

I saw after I posted this that online applications are the new norm, this won't be a way to tell with those.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2018, 07:51:58 AM »
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the heads up and thanks for helping me keep my cool about it all. I can go back to my usual panic of whether its approved or not now

« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2018, 08:14:45 AM »
Ah that makes sense, thanks for the heads up and thanks for helping me keep my cool about it all. I can go back to my usual panic of whether its approved or not now

Happy to help. It is stressful! I found my first extension to be so much more stressful than the second. My second I just ignored it and knew it would take as long as it took.  Haha.

Now you can relax and know you're just waiting for your invitation paperwork. It'll get there in good time.

« Reply #161 on: November 06, 2018, 09:12:40 AM »
Happy to help. It is stressful! I found my first extension to be so much more stressful than the second. My second I just ignored it and knew it would take as long as it took.  Haha.

Now you can relax and know you're just waiting for your invitation paperwork. It'll get there in good time.

Haha I definitely aim to try and forget about it :-P

Quick update, home office sent back my passport (sponsor) so they definitely have it and are working through the application phew ^_^. Also royal mail contacted me and apologised for not having the package tracked nor signed, so they refunded the money for it which I was pretty surprised about.

« Reply #162 on: November 06, 2018, 11:49:33 AM »
Haha I definitely aim to try and forget about it :-P

Quick update, home office sent back my passport (sponsor) so they definitely have it and are working through the application phew ^_^. Also royal mail contacted me and apologised for not having the package tracked nor signed, so they refunded the money for it which I was pretty surprised about.

That's the very least they could have done.

« Reply #163 on: December 06, 2018, 05:17:00 PM »
We got the visa renewal approved! Thanks again for all your help we really appreciate it! Couldn't have done it without y'all

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #164 on: December 06, 2018, 05:18:37 PM »
We got the visa renewal approved! Thanks again for all your help we really appreciate it! Couldn't have done it without y'all

Congratulations :D!

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab