Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!  (Read 1928 times)

• Liked: 4985
Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!
« on: January 29, 2018, 11:37:54 AM »
Hi Jimbo and anyone else who has been to Centre Parcs in Europe.

How was it?  Which one did you go to?

We are looking for a holiday right before school starts in September and have a bit of sticker shock.  Centre Parcs in Europe is much more reasonably priced.

We love Eurocamp so that's an idea as well.

• Liked: 3589
Re: Centre Parcs Europe - Jimbo, I'm looking at you!
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 11:42:34 AM »
I haven't been to any Centre Parcs (UK or Europe), but we used to do a lot of Eurocamp holidays in France when I was a kid - they were always fun :).

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 11:43:32 AM »
I haven't been to any Centre Parcs (UK or Europe), but we used to do a lot of Eurocamp holidays in France when I was a kid - they were always fun :).

We've done a couple and absolutely loved them as well!  Good holidays!  :)

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 12:00:19 PM »
It's hard for me to judge because I've never been to a centre parks in the UK.  We went to the one in Port Zealand and it certainly had it's pluses and minuses.

Plus : it was easy to drive to and having the car meant we could bring whatever we wanted.
The pool was fantastic and I think there was plenty of pool stuff appropriate for your kid's ages.  They certainly have the kids and pool thing sorted.

Minus: the little houses weren't all that nice and we had even paid for an upgrade.  You will have to bring EVERYTHING you will need, including salt and pepper.  The grocery store there is vastly overpriced but you can go out and shop outside. 
You are strongly encouraged to stay on site, but I found that a bit oppressive after a while.  Once you've been to the pool twice a day for 4 days straight, and rented the bikes, you've done it all.  We had to escape and go to a little Dutch town for a bit of a break. 

Also, it was full of Belgians and they are a sour puss bunch.  Nobody was willing to have a chat while the kids played together, they all just sat there with a face like a smacked ass. 

I guess it depends on your tolerance for being treated like you are going to a summer camp, but without making any friends.

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 12:06:44 PM »
Thanks Jimbo.

Centre Parcs in The Netherlands is £750 for a week versus over £2000 for the same week in the UK.  That's a massive savings.  It's even about £250 less than a Eurocamp site.

We went to Belgium between Christmas and New Years and definitely experienced their charm.  ;)

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 01:11:18 PM »
If you really, really like an actual beach, Port Zealand has a good one 5 minutes away from Centre Parks. 

Check this out
http://www.natural-high.nl/de/strandaktivitaten/kitebuggy-fahren/

• Liked: 533
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »
Do you have to be naked in the sauna?
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
Do you have to be naked in the sauna?
Don't know, there was an extra charge and some hassle doing the sauna.  Never made it there but I doubt it.  I just didn't get any naked style vibes.

• Liked: 342
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 04:08:11 PM »
What about Sundown Adventure Park for the under age 10s for a few days and an AirB&B?
https://sundownadventureland.co.uk/themepark/

I know that some parents have complained as they have to pay the full price but can't use all the attractions, but I managed to climb though all the hidden tunnels just fine. ;D

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 06:49:46 PM »
Hidden tunnels.?!!!  Who said hidden tunnels......?  ;D

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 07:21:21 PM »
Well, at first I was thinking "Shame Jimbo's kids and mine aren't the same age.  I'd suggest Centre Parcs together."

Then SoS talked about Jimbo getting naked.  And I was thinking "No! No!  MAKE IT STOP!"

Then Sirius saved the day by distracting me with tunnels!  Thanks Sirius, I hadn't heard of that place before.  My struggle is getting my husband to agree to anything IN COUNTRY.   ::)   And really - thank you for distracting me from the Jimbo visuals!  <shudder> 

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 10:32:08 AM »
It's SOS'S fault, I was having no naked thoughts related to Centre Parks.  Before I went, I was thinking "This is going to be great, Holland is like Amsterdam, it's going to be bong hits while nekkid in the hot tub". Not one bit of that dream came true.

Next holiday might be Club Med so the girl can do trapeze workshops and I can learn to sail.

Or the next holiday might be a massive American Road trip starting with Nasa in Florida.  Too bad Disney world will be closed.

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 11:10:33 AM »
It's SOS'S fault, I was having no naked thoughts related to Centre Parks.  Before I went, I was thinking "This is going to be great, Holland is like Amsterdam, it's going to be bong hits while nekkid in the hot tub". Not one bit of that dream came true.

Next holiday might be Club Med so the girl can do trapeze workshops and I can learn to sail.

Or the next holiday might be a massive American Road trip starting with Nasa in Florida.  Too bad Disney world will be closed.

I wanna go on the trapeze holiday!

Your kids are old enough to enjoy Universal and Islands of Adventure.  Those will be open.  :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »

What?  Is this just a thing you're telling your children to avoid taking them, or is it really closing for some reason?  I'm feeling really gullible, suddenly.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 12:08:50 PM »
What?  Is this just a thing you're telling your children to avoid taking them, or is it really closing for some reason?  I'm feeling really gullible, suddenly.

JF - it's JIMBO.  Don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth.

I just enjoy that he thinks his kids are thich enough to think Disney is closing (present company excluded).

Sponsored Links