Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: How could we tell if Trump did a deal with Putin?  (Read 1671 times)

• Liked: 1891
How could we tell if Trump did a deal with Putin?
« on: February 02, 2018, 01:33:05 PM »

Perhaps if he inexplicably refused to enforce sanctions ordered by Congress.

Trump refuses to impose new Russia sanctions despite law passed by US Congress over election hacking

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-russia-sanctions-trump-no-new-congress-law-election-hacking-intervention-putin-kremlin-a8184866.html

I can't believe this isn't getting reported.  NPR is completely silent.

• Liked: 41
Re: How could we tell if Trump did a deal with Putin?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 01:59:28 PM »
If it was reported, it would of course be 'fake news'; you know just like gravity and evolution.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 149
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 02:01:45 PM »
If I read the article correctly, Congress passed a bill that allowed Trump to put more sanctions on if he wants. I didn't read it as them telling Trump that he had to. First paragraph of article pasted below. I didn't read the entire article though.....

The Trump administration has announced it will not impose additional sanctions on Russia, despite Congress passing a law allowing the President to do so.
Fred

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2018, 02:25:28 PM »
If I read the article correctly, Congress passed a bill that allowed Trump to put more sanctions on if he wants. I didn't read it as them telling Trump that he had to. First paragraph of article pasted below. I didn't read the entire article though.....

The Trump administration has announced it will not impose additional sanctions on Russia, despite Congress passing a law allowing the President to do so.

Here's something else from the article :

The bill allowed sanctions to be delayed or waived, but any inaction would have to come with evidence to Congress that Russia was making progress in cutting back on cyber meddling.

Your point is a good one, perhaps this isn't the obvious constitutional crisis I thought.  But it is still a bit more evidence that our President made a deal with the Russians to get him elected in return for sanctions relief.  Which is unbelievable.

• Liked: 718
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2018, 04:32:16 PM »
Here's something else from the article :

The bill allowed sanctions to be delayed or waived, but any inaction would have to come with evidence to Congress that Russia was making progress in cutting back on cyber meddling.

Your point is a good one, perhaps this isn't the obvious constitutional crisis I thought.  But it is still a bit more evidence that our President made a deal with the Russians to get him elected in return for sanctions relief.  Which is unbelievable.

Unfortunately I think it is totally believable.
Dual USC/UKC living in the UK since May 2016

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2018, 04:50:19 PM »
Just seen this, which sums it up pretty nicely.

(PS it is not a real Russian newscast)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 04:51:49 PM by durhamlad »

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2018, 04:53:08 PM »
Make America Great Again! 

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 05:01:47 PM »
I'm just a few pages away from finishing the "Fire and Fury" book. It's an amazing study of how Trump is exactly how he seems. I was surprised that the White House is in absolute chaos. 

There's some good news :
Bannon was responsible for all of the really terrible policy decisions, like the Muslim ban and he's been fired. Jared and Ivanka are running things now and they are mostly Democrats with a soft spot for big business.  Bad, but not "Bomb North Korea" bad.
Jared and Ivanka are responsible for the money laundering and Russian colluding so we get to watch them all go to jail.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »
Jared and Ivanka are responsible for the money laundering and Russian colluding so we get to watch them all go to jail.

As bad as Trump's (Bannon's?) policies are, I think this is the thing that would give my husband the most satisfaction. He despises Kushner/Ivanka and their apparent entitlement, and he wants to see them taken down.

I just want the rule of law, civil discourse, and democracy  back.  Oh, and world peace.  *halo*
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 674
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »
Makes my teeth hurt.  :-X

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »
Something funny : Trump has been tweeting that the Pro-NHS rallies over the weekend show that Universal Health care doesn't work :

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/05/trump-pro-nhs-marches-universal-healthcare-farage-fox-friends

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2018, 03:04:19 PM »
Something funny : Trump has been tweeting that the Pro-NHS rallies over the weekend show that Universal Health care doesn't work :

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/feb/05/trump-pro-nhs-marches-universal-healthcare-farage-fox-friends

I saw that - I have long stopped ago being amazed at the things he says and does.

« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2018, 03:27:00 PM »
I was surprised to learn that JFK actually had a military parade for his inauguration, with nuclear missiles and a replica of the patrol boat where he demonstrated his heroism.

Perhaps we could echo this history in the planning of Trump's upcoming military parade.  But what would be appropriate for a five time draft dodger?  Brave sufferers of bone spurs gamely marching through their pain? Maybe we could highlight the other famous chickenhawk Republican draft dodgers like Newt Gingrich or Rush Limbaugh? 

Ideas?

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2018, 03:58:08 PM »
According to the news article below the last US military parade in Washington was in 1991 with George H W Bush celebrating victory in Iraq. At least he had been to war himself and was shot down, unlike President "I had a bone spur" Trump.

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/02/07/us/american-military-parades/index.html

Any parade should definitely include a bone spur towed on the back of a rocket launcher.

How could we tell if Trump did a deal with Putin?
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2018, 04:06:40 PM »
Several ago I would have been infuriated at  the mention of Dubya, who spent a large part of his military career defending Texas from the communist threat until he decided he had better things to do and simply stopped showing up. 
Now, all is forgiven and I would gladly accept 8 more Years of Bush if it meant no more Trump.  The man was a genuine hero comparatively speaking.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:08:02 PM by jimbocz »

Sponsored Links