Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Vnicepeeps trip to London  (Read 847 times)

• Liked: 2
Vnicepeeps trip to London
« on: December 08, 2004, 07:31:18 PM »
The other thread suggesting places Vnice could go to in London got locked but I'm dying to hear all about the trip! Where did you go Vnice? Did you get to any of the places we suggested? 

• Liked: 1
Re: Vnicepeeps trip to London
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 09:18:56 PM »
Lol Liz!  Yes... well we actually did not do much.  We wound up staying at a place near St. Katherine's Dock and the Tower of London/Tower Bridge.  It was very very nice.  It was a full flat with a lounge and bathroom downstairs and a kitchen and bedroom upstairs.  Thanks to Onetiger's suggestion of using Welcome Homes.  We went to see the Lion King with Wishstar (thanks for coming!:-* )and got up close and personal with Zazu the bird thanks to us running late and almost not making it! The costumes and staging are nothing short of brilliant.

Then Saturday after making breakfast we meandered from the area of St. Katherines, by the Tower of London, over Tower Bridge, munched through samples at Borough Market bought some bread, olives and cheese...stared at Neal's Yard Dairy, made our way along the Thames past the Bismark, Clink, and wrought iron shopping area thingy (name escapes me-Hayes Warf maybe)... to the Frost Fair at the Globe (FREE ENTRY).  Read all about Shakespeare...and four hours after we started we walked over the Millenium Bridge to St. Pauls Cathedral and then out to eat at Lucky 7 which was closed for refurbishment so we went back into town to Cafe Pacifico.

Sunday was basically just going back out to get the car and head home though since we were at Colindale (thanks to B&H for the parking space) we took a tour of Mill Hill where hubs lived until age 11.  (God I'd kill for that house now!) 

So it was nice and next time hopefully we will have more  money to go in places, but to be honest I am quite happy walking and people watching and free always makes things better!

Do take in the little Frost Fair thing this month.  They have arts and crafts and a neat museum bit and even sword fighting.  I think it will be free for the rest of the Saturdays in December.

So basically it was the walking path that Yorkshire/Virginia suggested.  Though we ran out of time for the Tate. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2004, 09:24:33 PM by vnicepeeps »
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• tebs
  • AmericanTexBrit

• Portrait and Wedding Photographer
    • Murakami Photography
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 09:37:32 PM »
Glad to hear that Wishstar was able to connect with you guys :)  It sounds like you did alot tho, in a very short time span. Will have to look up this 'Welcome Homes' thing,, very kewl :)

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 09:39:11 PM »
I'm glad you guys had a good time!   I LOVE London.  James and I had a weekend there in April and we had just the best time EVER.  It was so much cooler staying there instead of going home by a certain time. 

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »
It sounds like you saw quite bit. I love the Globe, if you get the chance in summer do go to a performance.  Glad you had such a good time and even managed to get in some Mexican food!

• Liked: 1
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2004, 09:51:21 PM »
Yep!  I am also obsessed with seeing something at the Globe and seeing an Opera....  really amazing looking place that opera house!

I would also love to be able to make it to one of the "gatherings" one day and meet more people! 
The wiring in our brain is not static, not irrevocably fixed.  Our brains are adaptable. -Mattieu Ricard

Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn. -Benjamin Franklin

I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions. -D.Day

• Banned

• Liked: 0
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2004, 10:17:52 PM »
Glad you enjoyed your visit and the stuff you took in.

Sponsored Links