Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Photo evidence (quantity?)  (Read 16158 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Photo evidence (quantity?)
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2018, 04:50:12 PM »
Sorry.... Yes, I understand it's a guideline format (very gratefully received), but my additional query was whether the two separate £X mentions were both salary or one being company t/o and the other salary.

Yeah, I just made it up to give you an idea of how detailed you need to be (i.e. you need to include the actual amount of income you are relying on to meet the requirement).

So, I don't know how you pay yourself or how much income your company makes or anything... it's up to you to figure out what you need to show and include in order to meet the requirements.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2018, 05:05:31 PM »
And again, it won't matter what you paid yourself - so that's irrelevant.  It's all about the company income.

« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:12 PM »
And again, it won't matter what you paid yourself - so that's irrelevant.  It's all about the company income.

If you pay yourself a salary from the company though, don't you have to prove your income into your personal bank account?

Someone got refused recently because the amount they said they paid themselves in payslips and dividend vouchers didn't match the amounts deposited into their personal bank account (and the dates of the payments didn't match either).

• Liked: 7
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2018, 05:17:44 PM »

I just want to be sure of course; I thought their entire concern was about whether I achieved the £18,600 (as salary income) over the tax year rather than being about the company income (which is a lot more than £18,600). I have no intention to antagonise anyone here btw but it was purely the wording in the example which made me question which £x they actually need. I need to ensure i understand completely what is required. Please refer back to the suggested format, as its the two mentions of 'income' which had me wondering whether they should be two different figures (company income and salary payment, as the second £X in the example surely indicates that?)
Thanks
Married: 12 April 2018
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Applied online: 13 April 2018
Biometrics appt & documents mailed: 18 April 2018
Documents delivered: 20th April 2018
Received documents email: 23rd April 2018
Decision made email: 9th May 2018
Documents Returned: 11th May 2018 It's a YES!
Moved to UK: 20th June 2018

« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2018, 05:35:19 PM »
Please refer back to the suggested format, as its the two mentions of 'income' which had me wondering whether they should be two different figures (company income and salary payment, as the second £X in the example surely indicates that?)
Thanks

I only mentioned two incomes just in case both were needed as I'm not sure if you need to use the company income or your personal income or both.

I wanted to cover all the bases so you could then delete or add to the parts that applied to you. It was literally just made up on the spot - just to show the level of detail needed.

The requirements for a director of a limited company state that you need to provide 12 months of business bank statements and company accounts
AND
if you pay yourself a salary, you must ALSO include 12 months of payslips and bank statements showing personal income.

Which to me, reads like you show the company's income for the year, along with your own salary from that company.

« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2018, 05:51:58 PM »
I only mentioned two incomes just in case both were needed as I'm not sure if you need to use the company income or your personal income or both.

I wanted to cover all the bases so you could then delete or add to the parts that applied to you. It was literally just made up on the spot - just to show the level of detail needed.

The requirements for a director of a limited company state that you need to provide 12 months of business bank statements and company accounts
AND
if you pay yourself a salary, you must ALSO include 12 months of payslips and bank statements showing personal income.

Which to me, reads like you show the company's income for the year, along with your own salary from that company.

Ok I think I'll do it in that way :-) Thankyou

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2018, 05:52:22 PM »
I have no intention to antagonise anyone here btw....

Don't worry, we know you're just asking for clarification!  :)

« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 05:55:41 PM »
I have no intention to antagonise anyone here btw but it was purely the wording in the example which made me question which £x they actually need.

Sorry, that was bad wording in the example on my part - I don't know the ins and outs of what you need to show as a director of a limited company, so I just stuck in all the information I could think of that might be relevant, so you could then figure out what applied to your situation and rewrite the letter accordingly.

« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2018, 06:51:27 PM »
WHEN IT GETS TO APPLICATION DAY - DOING THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER:

I'm trying to avoid any stress and panic when we sit down and start the application online. This isn't about the detail, just the basic 'road map'. My thoughts are:

1. Via this website - https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome# - commence the application. Should the applicant register on the 'purple' page or go straight to the newer version of the website?("You may be able to apply using our new service") Is a spouse visa a Tier 2? Already a question here!

2. Once application done print out everything we're supposed to print out, ready to include in evidence pack. Are the return labels mentioned easily findable on the application website?

3. Almost immediately (?) go to - https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html#Settlement-priority-visa-service - and apply for priority (if we decide to) service (remembering not to use the Gold service) - or is this where the labels get printed from?

4. Send pack to Sheffield. I assume the actual postal address for Sheffield is clearly displayed somewhere during this entire process?

5. Cross fingers

Is that a fair overview of the general process (I realise there's detail behind this, but just looking at the birds eye view initially)

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 06:55:03 PM by gandalftheking »

« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 07:14:00 PM »
WHEN IT GETS TO APPLICATION DAY - DOING THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER:

I'm trying to avoid any stress and panic when we sit down and start the application online. This isn't about the detail, just the basic 'road map'. My thoughts are:

1. Via this website - https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome# - commence the application. Should the applicant register on the 'purple' page or go straight to the newer version of the website?("You may be able to apply using our new service") Is a spouse visa a Tier 2? Already a question here!

Tier 2 is a work visa, you will choose settlement, settlement then husband/wife (depending on who is the applicant) for a spouse visa. You can start the application any time and save it as you go, just don't submit yet.

2. Once application done print out everything we're supposed to print out, ready to include in evidence pack. Are the return labels mentioned easily findable on the application website?

No, they are on the VFS global website with the priority service.

3. Almost immediately (?) go to - https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/usa/user_pay_services.html#Settlement-priority-visa-service - and apply for priority (if we decide to) service (remembering not to use the Gold service) - or is this where the labels get printed from?

Yes.

4. Send pack to Sheffield. I assume the actual postal address for Sheffield is clearly displayed somewhere during this entire process?

I'll link to the address. You will need to attend biometrics first, you'll make the appointment as part of the online application process.

5. Cross fingers

Is that a fair overview of the general process (I realise there's detail behind this, but just looking at the birds eye view initially)

Pretty good!

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:38:53 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 07:16:24 PM »
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa

.To apply for a UK visa in the USA you need to:

apply online
pay your fee
go to your appointment
post your application
1. Pay your fee
Follow the instructions when you apply online to pay your fee.

2. Go to your appointment
You must book your biometric appointment at a US Department of Homeland Security application support centre (ASC) when you apply online. This is to have your photo and fingerprints taken (known as ‘biometric information’).

When you visit the ASC for your biometrics appointment, please take your current passport, a print out of your application form and a copy of your biometric confirmation receipt. You can print your receipt when you apply online.

Mobile phones, cameras and other recording devices are not permitted inside the ASC.

Visa application process for children under 5
Children under the age of 5 applying for a UK visa from within the United States will also need to attend an appointment at an ASC. At the appointment, children under the age of 5 will have their photograph taken but will not be required to provide their fingerprints.

3. Post your application
Your biometric confirmation receipt will be stamped at your appointment. You then have 5 days to post this, your application form, your passport and supporting documents to UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI). All applications must be accompanied by a valid passport with at least one page without any endorsements. If the application arrives at the decision making centre without a passport the application will be refused.

You should post your application to:

Non-settlement applications
UK Visas and Immigration
British Consulate General
845 Third Avenue
New York
Settlement applications
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands
Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH
United Kingdom

3.1 Return shipping
To have your documents returned you must provide a fully addressed prepaid electronic shipping label (we cannot accept ground services and non-electronic waybills). Put your return shipping label and envelope inside the package, and keep a copy of the waybill for your records.

4. Priority visa service
This is an optional service where you can pay an extra fee to fast track your application and have your visa application processed ahead of non priority applications.

You must pay for the priority visa service online on the VFS Global website before you post your application. The VFS ‘User pay services’ page contains further information on how to apply, the fee and how to pay for this service.

You should print off the receipt and include it with your application when you post it to one of the addresses above, writing the words ‘priority service’ in large black print on the outer envelope.

You cannot purchase the priority service at the ASC.

5. Super priority and premium visa services
The super priority and premium visa services enable customers to receive a decision on their application within 24 hours.

These services are currently only available for applicants applying at the premium application centres in:

New York
Los Angeles
Washington DC
Miami
Chicago
Houston
Boston
Atlanta
Seattle
They are not available through an ASC.

The VFS premium application centre page contains further information on how to apply, the fees and how to pay for each service.

5.1 Who can use these services?
Customers and their dependants applying in one of the following immigration routes are eligible:

Tourist and short stay (visitor) visas
Points-based system Tier 2 and Tier 5 applicants with authority to be living in the USA
Point-based system Tier 5 (Youth Mobility Scheme) if you are currently in the USA for a similar purpose to take up in the UK
Points-based system Tier 5 (Temporary worker – Creative and Sporting) if currently in the USA for a similar purpose to take up in the UK
Points-based system Tier 4 student visas - for applicants who are resident in the USA and are subject to different document requirements under Tier 4 of the Points-based system
Your appointment will only be confirmed and your application accepted when you have paid the correct fee.

You should read and sign the terms and conditions before applying and submit the signed copy with your visa application.

5.2 Additional information
UKVI strongly recommends that customers with any form of adverse immigration history do not purchase these services or packages. Using the priority or super priority visa service does not guarantee or imply in any way that your visa application will be successful. All applicants must meet the requirements of the relevant UK Immigration Rules.

The fee for the priority service and the visa application fee are not refundable if your visa application is refused.

Your application may take longer if you:

do not include the priority service receipt with your application, or submit it afterwards
do not write ‘priority service’ clearly on the outer envelope
send your application to the wrong location
have previously been refused a visa for the UK, or refused leave to enter the UK
have previously been deported, removed, or otherwise required to leave the UK
have overstayed a period of leave in the UK
have previously been refused a visa for Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United States of America or the Schengen countries
have been convicted of a criminal offence in any country
do not submit all relevant documentation with your application
6. Contact us
You can contact our international contact service provided by Sitel UK who work in partnership with UKVI.

Calls from outside the UK cost £1.37 per minute (plus the local network charge) to call UKVI.

Emails from outside the UK cost £5.48. This includes the initial email enquiry plus any follow-up emails to and from the contact centre relating to the same enquiry. Emails are sent via a form on our website.

Our English language phone line service is open 24 hours Monday to Friday, with other languages available at times that reflect standard business hours where possible.

Sitel UK staff do not play any part in, or influence the outcome of visa applications. They can provide help with navigating the UKVI guidance online. They cannot provide immigration advice.

Make a complaint
Letters or emails about decisions to refuse a UK visa will not be treated as complaints. If you do not agree with the decision on your visa application, please use the existing appeals channels.

If you have a complaint about how your visa application has been handled, or the conduct of UKVI staff you should write to the entry clearance manager and send your letter of complaint to the address where you posted your UK visa application. Alternatively, you can send your complaint by email using our international contact service.

« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 08:04:57 PM »
When I get to the following page:

Apply for a tourist or short stay visa
You can apply using the Access UK service for a:

Standard Visitor visa
Marriage Visitor visa
Permitted Paid Engagement visa
Apply for all other visas
Apply using the Visa4UK service for all other visas, including study and work visas.

Create an account on Visa4UK to apply for the first time.

Sign in to Visa4UK to apply if you already have an account.

Do I then go to Visa4UK to apply as above?

« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 08:08:14 PM »
When I get to the following page:

Apply for a tourist or short stay visa
You can apply using the Access UK service for a:

Standard Visitor visa
Marriage Visitor visa
Permitted Paid Engagement visa
Apply for all other visas
Apply using the Visa4UK service for all other visas, including study and work visas.

Create an account on Visa4UK to apply for the first time.

Sign in to Visa4UK to apply if you already have an account.

Do I then go to Visa4UK to apply as above?

Apply here. https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

You should be starting here. https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:10:05 PM by larrabee »

« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 08:11:44 PM »
But https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/usa-apply-for-a-uk-visa/apply-for-a-uk-visa-in-the-usa was quoted at the very top of the response in your previous reply.

Yes, it's a different page, that's all. That one gives you a nice overview and the address that you needed.  :)

The visa4UK link is the actual online application system.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:14:04 PM by larrabee »

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab