Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Photo evidence (quantity?)  (Read 16129 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Photo evidence (quantity?)
« Reply #375 on: July 05, 2018, 04:18:45 PM »
TIMINGS FOR NEXT STEPS

Assuming our future lies in the UK, when should I begin looking at the next visa phase following the initial 33 months? Any particular evidence i should start making a file for?

Thanks

The main thing to start doing now is get her name on as much mail as you can (either joint names, or just in your individual names), and then save ALL your mail for the next 2.5 years.

Also, make sure you turn OFF paperless for all bills and statements, so that you receive them in the post.

That's about it for now... the only other thing to consider is how you will make sure you can meet the financial requirement again in 2.5 years time.

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #376 on: July 05, 2018, 04:19:07 PM »
TIMINGS FOR NEXT STEPS

Assuming our future lies in the UK, when should I begin looking at the next visa phase following the initial 33 months? Any particular evidence i should start making a file for?

Thanks

You are going to want to put her name (as well as yours) on all the bills and turn off paperless so that you get them through the mail.

• Liked: 7
« Reply #377 on: July 05, 2018, 04:21:39 PM »
Thanks Both!

What's best practice re names on paperwork (have covered this before but different context); as her maiden name is still on her passport thats what we're using - it just seems a bit unweildy to have mr xxx and mrs yyyy on various bills. I assume thats the best way to go for 'official' stuff though
Married: 12 April 2018
UK Spouse Visa (Priority)
Applied online: 13 April 2018
Biometrics appt & documents mailed: 18 April 2018
Documents delivered: 20th April 2018
Received documents email: 23rd April 2018
Decision made email: 9th May 2018
Documents Returned: 11th May 2018 It's a YES!
Moved to UK: 20th June 2018

« Reply #378 on: July 05, 2018, 04:22:57 PM »

That's about it for now... the only other thing to consider is how you will make sure you can meet the financial requirement again in 2.5 years time.

Guess I'll be working for a while yet then!

« Reply #379 on: July 05, 2018, 04:25:55 PM »
Thanks Both!

What's best practice re names on paperwork (have covered this before but different context); as her maiden name is still on her passport thats what we're using - it just seems a bit unweildy to have mr xxx and mrs yyyy on various bills. I assume thats the best way to go for 'official' stuff though

If she is using her maiden name I would go with Ms rather than Mrs Maiden name. (Otherwise it sounds a bit like you're living with someone elses wife!)  You could also leave the title out and just have first name, last name.

« Reply #380 on: July 05, 2018, 04:26:35 PM »

Guess I'll be working for a while yet then!

But the good news is that you can use her employment income for FLR(M)!

« Reply #381 on: July 06, 2018, 07:09:59 AM »
If she is using her maiden name I would go with Ms rather than Mrs Maiden name. (Otherwise it sounds a bit like you're living with someone elses wife!)  You could also leave the title out and just have first name, last name.

I must admit i don't think either of us is liking the two names thing (all based on her passport being in her maiden name), but when i asked previously here the wisdom was to do that, due to evidence acquired needing to match passport name.

• Liked: 957
« Reply #382 on: July 06, 2018, 07:42:15 AM »
If you had wanted to wait 4-6 weeks after the wedding (to change name with social security and then request a new passport once that processed) then you definitely could have changed her name. Many here choose not to wait and change it prior to FLR(M) due to the expense of a new BRP and not wanting to wait after the wedding.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #383 on: July 06, 2018, 07:46:58 AM »
I must admit i don't think either of us is liking the two names thing (all based on her passport being in her maiden name), but when i asked previously here the wisdom was to do that, due to evidence acquired needing to match passport name.

The evidence does not need to match her passport name... except for the one document she decides to use to take the Life in the UK test for ILR.

The only thing that MUST match her passport at all times is her visa (her BRP card). It’s fine for other things to be in her married name.

So, I would probably put one bill/document in the exact name on her passport (first middle last name), so it can be used for the Life in the UK test (she has 5 years to take this - must be done before she applies for ILR in 5 years), and then it’s up to you what you use for other bills etc.

You could use either:
Ms. Maiden Name
or
Mrs. Married Name

What you don’t want to do is put Mrs Maiden Name... because that doesn’t make sense (unless maybe you’re taking her name instead of her taking yours).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #384 on: July 19, 2018, 07:15:15 AM »
USA FORUMS / MEET UP'S UK?

Hi all - As we're in Cornwall I'm not expecting a local ex-pat social group to be down here! But can someone refer me to any UK groups for US expats that exist? All I want to do is make my wife aware of them should they exist in the UK.

Thanks all and have a good day!

« Reply #385 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:44 AM »
USA FORUMS / MEET UP'S UK?

Hi all - As we're in Cornwall I'm not expecting a local ex-pat social group to be down here! But can someone refer me to any UK groups for US expats that exist? All I want to do is make my wife aware of them should they exist in the UK.

Thanks all and have a good day!

KFdancer has a great group going. Not on your doorstep but down south at least!  :)

• Liked: 957
« Reply #386 on: July 19, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
I think jfkimberly also mentioned one in Wales on another post, but I can't remember which! I love our local group with KFdancer, hoping to make the thanksgiving potluck with the inlaws since its my husbands birthday that day as well :)

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #387 on: July 23, 2018, 10:55:26 AM »
I think jfkimberly also mentioned one in Wales on another post, but I can't remember which! I love our local group with KFdancer, hoping to make the thanksgiving potluck with the inlaws since its my husbands birthday that day as well :)

There's a Facebook group for US expats in the Cardiff area.  I have not met up with them yet, mostly because the group isn't UK-Yankee (seriously!  This is the best bunch of people on the Internet!).  But if the Cardiff group ever get anything organized that is worth the drive for, I might to meet them and see if any of them are "my" people, too.  Or maybe the few that live closer to me will organize a meetup one day.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 1
« Reply #388 on: July 23, 2018, 01:37:44 PM »
Hi all, just joined this forum and I WISH I had found this before I applied for my UK spouse settlement visa. I'm a US-citizen moving to the London area...as soon as that visa comes in!

My British husband and I have been married for almost 10 years, living together in the US for 13 years, and we are now relocating our family to the UK for his job. My boys are dual UK-US citizens, and I am waiting with them in NY for my visa to come through. My husband has already been in the UK for his new job for about 2 months.

We did NOT include pictures of us with my visa application, and now I'm worried I didn't provide enough documentation for UKVI! I also only sent in a photocopy of our marriage certificate (the original was at the time out with my boys' British passport apps) and now I'm getting nervous. Since we've been married so long, have children together, and have owned properties together, I did not even consider sending in photos of us! Now I see that was pretty dumb.

I am now 48 days past my biometrics appt, and still have not heard anything about my application.

If UKVI needed more documents from me (like pics and original marriage cert) would they get in touch and ask for them?  Can I just send in new documentation with my GWF clearly marked and hope it makes its way to the rest of the application?

Thanks in advance for the help!

« Reply #389 on: July 23, 2018, 01:39:48 PM »
Hi all, just joined this forum and I WISH I had found this before I applied for my UK spouse settlement visa. I'm a US-citizen moving to the London area...as soon as that visa comes in!

My British husband and I have been married for almost 10 years, living together in the US for 13 years, and we are now relocating our family to the UK for his job. My boys are dual UK-US citizens, and I am waiting with them in NY for my visa to come through. My husband has already been in the UK for his new job for about 2 months.

We did NOT include pictures of us with my visa application, and now I'm worried I didn't provide enough documentation for UKVI! I also only sent in a photocopy of our marriage certificate (the original was at the time out with my boys' British passport apps) and now I'm getting nervous. Since we've been married so long, have children together, and have owned properties together, I did not even consider sending in photos of us! Now I see that was pretty dumb.

I am now 48 days past my biometrics appt, and still have not heard anything about my application.

If UKVI needed more documents from me (like pics and original marriage cert) would they get in touch and ask for them?  Can I just send in new documentation with my GWF clearly marked and hope it makes its way to the rest of the application?

Thanks in advance for the help!

No worries - but the guys here will recommend starting your own thread so that all infi from the many questions you may ask are captured in one place. Good luck!

Sponsored Links