Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Kiss my butt grey squirrels  (Read 1920 times)

• Liked: 1892
Kiss my butt grey squirrels
« on: February 23, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »

From the Metro

North American squirrels for the win!

• Liked: 342
Re: Kiss my butt grey squirrels
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 06:31:54 PM »
From the Metro

North American squirrels for the win!

Good luck to them at solving this problem- ;D

It is legal to kill grey squirrels and most people do it by trapping and shooting. But it must be done in a humane manner or you will be fined under animal welfare laws.

RSPCA - recommend taking the animal to the vet to be put down for around £30 or calling in pest control experts who will shoot the animal or kill it with a blow to the head.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/earth/wildlife/8331195/What-is-the-law-on-killing-squirrels.html

Squirrels and the Law

The red squirrel is a protected species in the UK and is included in Schedules 5 and 6 of the Wildlife & Countryside Act 1981 (WCA) (amended by the Countryside & Rights of Way Act 2000). It is an offence to intentionally kill or injure a red squirrel or intentionally or recklessly damage or destroy any structure or place a red squirrel uses for shelter or protection, or disturb a red squirrel while it occupies such a place.
Therefore you must be very careful about when and where you fell any trees. See the section on felling advice for more detail.

The grey squirrel is regarded as an invasive non-native species following its inclusion under Schedule 9 of the WCA. Grey squirrels are also listed in the IUCN international list of 100 worst invasive non-native species. This highlights the damage that grey squirrels cause to our native flora and fauna; a problem severe enough to be recognised at a level of global significance. As such, the grey squirrel is regarded as a pest species and is afforded no protection under the WCA.  Under Schedule 9 of the WCA, it is illegal to release a grey squirrel into the wild, or allow one to escape.

This means if you trap one, you are obliged to humanely dispatch it. You must not let it go as this act would be illegal.

Anyone who carries out, or knowingly causes or permits any of the above acts to occur could be committing an offence.

http://rsne.org.uk/squirrels-and-law

« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 06:34:52 PM by Sirius »

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2018, 07:21:59 PM »
When I worked at Orlando Police back in the day, someone brought in a pillowcase with four baby squirrels in it....  soooooooo random.

Was a genius place for people to drop off a box of puppies or kittens.  They never lasted more than an hour before being snapped up by staff and officers.   ;D

The squirrels though....   I mean, they were cute....  but it was squirrels!

• Liked: 248
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2018, 07:44:57 PM »
I like our red squirrels.

• Liked: 223
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2018, 10:35:59 PM »
I'm a vegetarian, but this timing is too good to pass up:

Is southern-fried squirrel the answer to KFC's extraordinary chicken shortage?
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• Liked: 248
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2018, 10:46:40 PM »
Noooooooooo!

• Liked: 533
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2018, 08:22:24 AM »
"Half smoked" cigarette In the takeaway?

I say it is half unsmoked! 
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1892
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 12:45:23 PM »
"Half smoked" cigarette In the takeaway?

I say it is half unsmoked!

I bet the guy would not have complained if they had included an after dinner mint, so what's the problem with a bonus ciggie?

• Liked: 957
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2018, 01:14:14 PM »
When I worked at Orlando Police back in the day, someone brought in a pillowcase with four baby squirrels in it....  soooooooo random.

Was a genius place for people to drop off a box of puppies or kittens.  They never lasted more than an hour before being snapped up by staff and officers.   ;D

The squirrels though....   I mean, they were cute....  but it was squirrels!
I know a few people who rescued and kept pet squirrels. Ohh rednecks. At least they weren't dinner.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Liked: 533
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 09:20:37 AM »
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 09:50:45 AM »

Bob Ross is one of my heroes.  He's just so zen.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

• Liked: 56
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2018, 07:12:29 PM »
We had an albino squirrel and an all black squirrel in our St Paul neighborhood. They were chill - it was an accepting sort of place.

I get a kick out of watching the Asian tourists take multiple photos of grey squirrels in the park. Do they not have these small creatures in Asia?

• Liked: 223
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 08:00:32 PM »
We had an albino squirrel and an all black squirrel in our St Paul neighborhood. They were chill - it was an accepting sort of place.

I get a kick out of watching the Asian tourists take multiple photos of grey squirrels in the park. Do they not have these small creatures in Asia?

We have offices in Australia and when Aussies come over and see their first squirrel, they freak out.

I guess I'd probably do the same about a kangaroo in the wild but a squirrel just seems so.... mundane.
July 2012 - Fiancée Visa | Nov 2012 - Married
Dec 2012 - FLR | Nov 2014 - ILR | Dec 2015 - UK Citizen

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2018, 02:45:34 PM »
I know a few people who rescued and kept pet squirrels. Ohh rednecks. At least they weren't dinner.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sigh. Ain't it cute how people will toss off gaucherie like this, in some sort of assumption that none of those sort of people could possibly be anyone they would be occupying common space with to see or hear them? #NoseSnortsInYourGeneralDirection
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

• US citizen & UK citizen partner of 12 yrs
    • Portable Weirdness
  • Liked: 60
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »
Bob Ross is one of my heroes.  He's just so zen.

Hear hear! I miss him. The nod to Ross in the new Deadpool trailer is hilarious, and I love it that he's still an icon after all this time   ;0)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:03:10 PM by sillybadger »
"Human" is a noun. "Black", "White", "Asian", "Latino", "Indigenous", "Male", "Female", "GLBT", "Straight", "Christian", "Jewish", "Muslim", "Buddhist", "Hindu", "Pagan", "Conservative", "Liberal", are all adjectives.

Sponsored Links