Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Rip Off Britain  (Read 3731 times)

• Liked: 1891
Re: Rip Off Britain
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2018, 10:33:44 AM »
Oh, we know they were. I'll be filing many written complaints!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Did you buy it with a credit card?  If so, my first action would be to talk with the card company. They'll be ruthless in supporting you over the retailer, especially if it cost more than £100.  They can do a charge back, where the credit card company essentially gives you back your money and takes it from the company.  Then the company is in a much worse position and most will stop hassling you then.

• Liked: 672
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2018, 05:36:23 AM »
I feel really bad for our neighbors. DPD supposedly delivered a cell phone for them, and got a signature. Only they were not home when it was "delivered" and could not have signed for it. The vendor says it's delivered and is refusing to reimburse. He said that their bank won't reimburse them because DPD said it was signed for. They went to all the other flats in our building asking if anyone had the phone and nobody knew anything about it.  :-\\\\

We periodically have Amazon leave packages with us for one or another neighbor, and quite often they put the "left at appt#" message in the wrong flat, so we have people coming looking for packages we don't have, and end up delivering packages to neighbors who never got a notice! This one seems peculiar to Amazon, though. Hermes has a tendency to leave packages with neighbors (sometimes not even in the same building!) and no notices anywhere!  This is the first story I've heard from neighbors about DPD.

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2018, 07:35:19 AM »
I feel really bad for our neighbors. DPD supposedly delivered a cell phone for them, and got a signature. Only they were not home when it was "delivered" and could not have signed for it. The vendor says it's delivered and is refusing to reimburse. He said that their bank won't reimburse them because DPD said it was signed for. They went to all the other flats in our building asking if anyone had the phone and nobody knew anything about it.  :-\\\\

We periodically have Amazon leave packages with us for one or another neighbor, and quite often they put the "left at appt#" message in the wrong flat, so we have people coming looking for packages we don't have, and end up delivering packages to neighbors who never got a notice! This one seems peculiar to Amazon, though. Hermes has a tendency to leave packages with neighbors (sometimes not even in the same building!) and no notices anywhere!  This is the first story I've heard from neighbors about DPD.

Can they contact their credit zard issuer for a refund?

I wonder if they can demand to see the signature to prove it wasn't them...
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2018, 08:18:47 AM »
Dunno. In reading up on the laws, apparently they should contact the vendor and say it's not delivered. At that point they should be given a full refund, including postage.  If I see the guy again I'll ask - he's on a different floor.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2018, 09:11:09 AM »
They can be so bad!

My favourite is when I get an Amazon delivery notification while we are out and it says "signed for by homeowner" or something like that.  Ummm...  LIAR!

• Liked: 1891
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2018, 11:44:09 AM »
That sounds dodgy as hell.  Once I got a letter at my address from a different mobile provider thanking me for joining them and buying a phone.  I called the mobile provider and it ended up that someone had bought the phone with a different card than mine but used my address for delivery.  And that the phone was delivered and signed for!  It was obviously a scam and the mobile phone company dealt with it but I'm not happy about someone waiting outside my house to intercept deliveries.

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2018, 01:14:13 PM »
That sounds dodgy as hell.  Once I got a letter at my address from a different mobile provider thanking me for joining them and buying a phone.  I called the mobile provider and it ended up that someone had bought the phone with a different card than mine but used my address for delivery.  And that the phone was delivered and signed for!  It was obviously a scam and the mobile phone company dealt with it but I'm not happy about someone waiting outside my house to intercept deliveries.

Ewwwww!

Sponsored Links