Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs  (Read 3988 times)

• Liked: 46
Re: Sponsorship letter Q & general spouse visa Qs
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2018, 04:29:28 AM »
Does anyone have an example of a letter they received from their landlord saying that they have no objection for their spouse to join them?

My landlord has asked me to draft it and they would sign it. I just want to make sure I format it properly. Any one care to share an example?

Another question i have is:
My wife has to supply her own passport and 2 photocopies correct? Now do those 2 photocopies have to be stamped saying they are genuine? or can they just be normal copies as she is already supplying the passport with it?

I had another question:
has it ever taken longer than 12 weeks to get a decision on the normal process?
Only because we are working with tight scales as me and my Mrs have planned a trip after our decision (it does not depend on the decision) but we need her passport back to be sent for a visa to enter our travel destination.

for this reason, I may now have to fast track this application - what is the best way to do this? what is the process?

Ksand24 actually mentioned in another thread by southernbetty that the highest was 145 BD for a non-priority and 60 BD for a priority. Seems to me if you have a trip coming soon, priority will be your best bet to try and make it happen in time.  :)

I am also curious about an example of the letter from the landlord and the passport photo copies. Surely photos don’t need to be certified since they can see her passport and determine if it’s her in the passport photos.
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2018, 04:35:45 AM »
She shouldn’t need to provide any copies of her passport, let alone get anything certified/notarised.

There’s no example for the landlord letter. It just has to confirm particulars of the tenancy and give permission for the applicant to live there after the visa has been granted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Liked: 113
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2018, 09:39:22 PM »
Does anyone have an example of a letter they received from their landlord saying that they have no objection for their spouse to join them?

My landlord has asked me to draft it and they would sign it. I just want to make sure I format it properly. Any one care to share an example?

This was the one I drafted for my husband's landlord........ hope it helps!

Name of Landlord
Address 1
Address 2
Date

Attn: UK Visas and Immigration
Home Office
United Kingdom

Re: Letter from Sponsor's Landlord

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to confirm my tenant, sponsor's name, British citizen born on dd/mm/yyy in city, country, British Passport Number xxxxx, his wife, applican't name, United States citizen born on dd/mm/yyyy in city, country, US Passport Number xxxxx, and their minor son, son's name, British citizen born on dd/mm/yyy in city, country, British Passport Number xxxxx, have my permission to reside in my rental property upon their arrival in the United Kingdom.

The address at which they will be staying is xxxxx

Please contact me if you need further information.

Yours faithfully,

SIGN HERE

Name of Landlord
+44 Contact Number of Landlord
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 46
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2018, 02:02:23 AM »
This was the one I drafted for my husband's landlord........ hope it helps!

Name of Landlord
Address 1
Address 2
Date

Attn: UK Visas and Immigration
Home Office
United Kingdom

Re: Letter from Sponsor's Landlord

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing to confirm my tenant, sponsor's name, British citizen born on dd/mm/yyy in city, country, British Passport Number xxxxx, his wife, applican't name, United States citizen born on dd/mm/yyyy in city, country, US Passport Number xxxxx, and their minor son, son's name, British citizen born on dd/mm/yyy in city, country, British Passport Number xxxxx, have my permission to reside in my rental property upon their arrival in the United Kingdom.

The address at which they will be staying is xxxxx

Please contact me if you need further information.

Yours faithfully,

SIGN HERE

Name of Landlord
+44 Contact Number of Landlord

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!  :)
Married - 15th April 2018
Spouse visa approved - 16th July 2018
Arrived in the UK - 8th August 2018
FLR approved - 13th April 2021
Little one’s arrival - 18th March 2022
ILR approved - 27th Jan 2024

• Liked: 113
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2018, 03:07:46 AM »
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!  :)

You’re welcome!  :)
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2018, 06:43:32 AM »
I don’t think you need all of that information about citizenship, date of birth and passport numbers in the letter.

What the letter should contain is:
- property details (flat/house, number of bedrooms, number of occupants etc.)
- confirmation of current tenancy
- permission for applicant to live there and/or be added to the tenancy when they arrive.

I just managed to find an old sample letter on the archived (Wayback Machine) version of the Transpondia site (which is now defunct), though it’s from 2006 and it seems a little simple to me and should be addressed to the Entry Clearance Officer rather than to the sponsor.

It says:
Sample landlord's letter for accomodation arrangements

To: =Your name=
Subj: =Accomodation=

We confirm that the property at ___, subject of the attached tenancy agreement and currently occupied solely by you, is a one bedroom flat [with kitchen/bathroom/lounge/etc] and is suitable for occupancy by two persons.

When your fiance [spouse/partner/friend/etc] takes up permanent residency there, we will amend your tenancy agreement to show an additional resident.

Sincerely,
=name=

Note: these letters are samples only. They should not be construed as "official", and using text from these samples may or may not achieve a favourable result. Remember that each visa application takes place in a context of unique circumstances, and that there is no single letter that can possibly cover all of them. Accordingly, use this material at your own risk

http://web.archive.org/web/20060512185829/http://www.londonelegance.com/transpondia/landlord.shtml

Here’s another example I’ve just found, though it’s for a visitor to stay with someone who is a student in the UK. However, the information needed is pretty similar:
https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/media/livacuk/student-support/ist/Visitor_visa_-_landlord_letter_template.pdf

• Liked: 6
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2018, 06:46:26 PM »
thanks guys.

I have an urgent question:

Does my wife's passport need to be in the application when she sends it off to Sheffield?

Or is this passport held at the biometrics centre until the decision is made? I'm confused.

Thanks.

I am thinking of whether I can just send the evidence to sheffield my self here, if my wife scans the biometric letter and stamp through to me I can just print it and include it.

Also if I decide to send it through my wife: Is the priority purchase the same as the shipping labels? as in do I still need to pay for the shipping labels if I purchase priority?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 06:49:06 PM by Shabbir »
Sent to Sheffield: Tuesday 27th March 2018
Biometrics: 27th March
Confirmation Email received: 3rd April
Decision made email: 4th May
Package received: 7th May. Approved.

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2018, 07:08:03 PM »
Yes, the passport must be included, or the visa cannot be processed... because the visa is issued as a sticker inside the passport.

If you are applying in the US, the biometrics are taken by US immigration on behalf of UKVI, so they cannot hold it for you because they have nothing to do with the visa process. They are just there to provide a biometrics service for another country's immigration system.

The timeline is:
- she attends biometrics, where they will check her ID and stamp the biometrics confirmation sheet, then take her fingerprints and photo and send her home, with her passport and stamped confirmation sheet
- she places her passport and stamped sheet in the package, along with all your supporting documents and mails it directly to Sheffield from the US
- she waits for the visa to be processed and her passport and documents to be mailed back to her in the US

I am thinking of whether I can just send the evidence to sheffield my self here, if my wife scans the biometric letter and stamp through to me I can just print it and include it.

The options are:
- you physically mail all the documents to her in the US, then she mails them to Sheffield, along with her passport and stamped sheet
or
- she would need to physically mail her passport, biometrics sheet and her supporting documents to you in the UK, and then you add your documents to the package and forward them on to Sheffield for her

Also if I decide to send it through my wife: Is the priority purchase the same as the shipping labels? as in do I still need to pay for the shipping labels if I purchase priority?

No, priority processing and shipping labels are completely separate.

Settlement Priority Processing = $793
Priority gets the application put to the front of the processing line after it has been shipped to Sheffield

Shipping labels
= $155 for just the return shipping label back to the US, which is printed and included in the package
or
= $265 for round trip shipping FROM THE US. If you use this option, she has to purchase it, print it in the US, take it to a local UPS store in the US and mail EVERYTHING (including your documents) to Sheffield from the US... so you would need to mail all your documents to her first, before she applies for the visa.

So, the total will either be:
Settlement Priority + Return Shipping = $948
or
Settlement Priority + Round-trip Shipping = $1,058

« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2018, 08:07:21 PM »
Nice, You are so helpful and informative. Thank you so much!

I had a question, I get paid on the 15th of every month that covers that month. so on my pay slip it says it covers to 30th march. Is this an issue because we will probably apply soon and the documents will reach to sheffield before 30th march I hope. or if I put 7 pay slips this should cover it nicely? I read something on the forums about full month pay slips and was not sure.

In addition, at the front of my online application it says travel date: 12th june.

however I have changed this inside the online application and also emphasised that on my sponsor letter. Will this cause any confusion that it says that at the front of the online application?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 08:34:53 PM by Shabbir »

« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2018, 08:45:48 PM »
Nice, You are so helpful and informative. Thank you so much!

I had a question, I get paid on the 15th of every month that covers that month. so on my pay slip it says it covers to 30th march. Is this an issue because we will probably apply soon and the documents will reach to sheffield before 30th march I hope. or if I put 7 pay slips this should cover it nicely? I read something on the forums about full month pay slips and was not sure.

What matters is the date the payslip is issued and the date that the money went into your bank account.

So, if you were paid on March 15th (and the money went in on that date), you have to cover from September 15th to March 15th, and you need the corresponding bank statements to show each payslip was deposited.

In addition, at the front of my online application it says travel date: 12th june.

however I have changed this inside the online application and also emphasised that on my sponsor letter. Will this cause any confusion that it says that at the front of the online application?

Sheffield will only see the printed application you mail to them, so as long as you have changed it on the printed form and emphasised it in your letter (bold and underlined), it will be fine.

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2018, 02:55:08 PM »
What matters is the date the payslip is issued and the date that the money went into your bank account.

So, if you were paid on March 15th (and the money went in on that date), you have to cover from September 15th to March 15th, and you need the corresponding bank statements to show each payslip was deposited.

I went to the bank today and have statements from August till Feb. Also have payslips from August till March.

With regards to the bank statement from Feb till March, they gave me an unofficial one because the month of march has not passed yet so I cannot get a proper one as the other months are. They have given this to me in the Banks letter head (HSBC) and I have a letter saying they have given me the information I require and they signed this. Will this be okay? this statement shows the dates from 28th Feb to 16th March and includes my payslip which was deposited on the 15th by the company.

My second question was, on My wife's marriage certificate it has her full name and then followed by a "-" then my surname. On my sponsor letter I have included her full name then in brackets I have included her name that is on the marriage certificate. Will this be alright?

With regards to my financial documents. I have a letter from my employer stating my current salary, my position, permanent role etc.
I have another letter saying that my salary rose to £X amount from July 2017 and it has been that since. This is above the 18.6K requirement. However, before that I was still above the 18.6K requirement however it was obviously lower than what it is now however I have no evidence for this. Is this okay?

Thanks so much guys! I'm thinking of mailing it all over to her before the end of today potentially!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 03:03:34 PM by Shabbir »

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2018, 03:56:51 PM »
They have given this to me in the Banks letter head (HSBC) and I have a letter saying they have given me the information I require and they signed this. Will this be okay? this statement shows the dates from 28th Feb to 16th March and includes my payslip which was deposited on the 15th by the company.

That's fine - that's exactly what you need to do if you can't get the official statement yet :).

My second question was, on My wife's marriage certificate it has her full name and then followed by a "-" then my surname. On my sponsor letter I have included her full name then in brackets I have included her name that is on the marriage certificate. Will this be alright?

It's not relevant and is not an issue.

With regards to my financial documents. I have a letter from my employer stating my current salary, my position, permanent role etc.
I have another letter saying that my salary rose to £X amount from July 2017 and it has been that since. This is above the 18.6K requirement. However, before that I was still above the 18.6K requirement however it was obviously lower than what it is now however I have no evidence for this. Is this okay?

It's not relevant as only the last 6 months of income can be considered.

So, even though the letter should state the previous salary, the only thing that matters is your CURRENT salary (your salary from the last 6 months).

« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2018, 07:24:05 PM »
thank you so much Ksand. After your reassurances, I have sent off all the evidence from my side to my Wife in the US. I read that you mentioned something about the timeline earlier. I just wanted to know what exactly the next steps to instruct her would be? and are there any tips to make this process easier?

We are planning to use return shipping and priority.

So far this is how I've understood it.

- Wait for evidence to get to Mrs (next two days)

- Submit online form

- Sign declaration (i'm guessing this is just a online text field to put her name in?)

- Select BRP location - I've looked at the post office website and I know the one in our city centre does them so we will just select that.

- Book appointment - I've read on here there is a particular centre to book it at and not the other? can you clarify this please?

- I'll pay for IHS - Does she get the receipt for this via e-mail?

- I'll pay for Application - Again, receipt via e-mail?

- Go to appointment - With passport, VAF4A online form which is printed and Appendix 2, and biometric appointment letter (this should be e-mailed to her?) - They should stamp her bio metrics letter once ID is confirmed?

- Pay for priority and get receipt (e-mail?) - VFS global website

- Pay for return shipping - VFS global website (again, I imagine the labels are emailed to us? one or two labels?)

- So now, once we have all of this, she puts in the online application form, IHS receipt, Application receipt, Priority receipt (at the very top), and biometrics stamped letter, passports into the document evidence list and arrange it as per one of your posts (i have the arrangement list somewhere)

- then when she goes to a UPS store, are there any instructions there? other than purchasing a big envelope, putting a shipping label on there, putting the evidence in there and sending it all off?

Thanks so much for guiding us through this process. Your help has been truly valuable :)

« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2018, 07:38:15 PM »
- Sign declaration (i'm guessing this is just a online text field to put her name in?)

- Select BRP location - I've looked at the post office website and I know the one in our city centre does them so we will just select that.

- Book appointment - I've read on here there is a particular centre to book it at and not the other? can you clarify this please?

- I'll pay for IHS - Does she get the receipt for this via e-mail?

- I'll pay for Application - Again, receipt via e-mail?

All the instructions will be on the online form when you submit it. The IHS website will give her an IHS number - this is the important thing to include. I believe she will also get an email with it in as well.

For the biometrics, they will usually show the centre closest to her address, but you can chose any of the 129 USCIS centres across the US. HOWEVER, make sure you select a USCIS centre and not a Premium Application Centre.

You can find the nearest USCIS centre here:
https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=ASC

- Go to appointment - With passport, VAF4A online form which is printed and Appendix 2, and biometric appointment letter (this should be e-mailed to her?) - They should stamp her bio metrics letter once ID is confirmed?

You only need to take her passport and biometrics letter. The application is not needed.

She will need to print the biometrics confirmation with the barcode on it, which will be on the online application website. The emailed version will not have the required barcode.

- Pay for priority and get receipt (e-mail?) - VFS global website

- Pay for return shipping - VFS global website (again, I imagine the labels are emailed to us? one or two labels?)

I would do this before attending biometrics, as the VFS website can be buggy. You will need to print the settlement priority receipt, and also the shipping label(s), which will be emailed to you. Whether it is one or two labels will depend on whether you purchase one or two.

Round trip shipping (2 labels) is $265
Return shipping only (1 label) is $155

- then when she goes to a UPS store, are there any instructions there? other than purchasing a big envelope, putting a shipping label on there, putting the evidence in there and sending it all off?

The instructions are on the VFS Global website.

If she is purchasing Settlement Priority Processing, she must follow the instructions carefully as not following them may mean the application is not processed as priority.

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2018, 07:51:20 PM »
I think that's everything! We're going to go ahead with that now as soon as she receives the evidence.

Thank you so much for your help so far! Will let you know how we go :)

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab