Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: I'm not sure where to put this topic...  (Read 634 times)

• Liked: 0
I'm not sure where to put this topic...
« on: March 06, 2018, 03:42:34 PM »
I've been a part of this forum for nearly 4 years.  My partner and I were together for over 5 years and married a little over three.  We had gone through so many setbacks with his job situation, that it led us to not being able to apply for a spousal visa until this month.  Only we didn't because he decided last Thursday that it was best if we split. 

So here I am, completely broken, ready to apply for the visa.  The amount of hurt I feel that he waited until the last hour to do this is staggering.  It's like he couldn't be arsed to go through with it.  We didn't have a fight, I supposedly didn't do anything wrong, etc. 

Has anyone else gone through this right before you're set to apply? I don't even know how to go about the divorce.  Right now the thought of it makes me want to vomit. 

Sarah

PS: The site will not let me change my picture or signature which is really not helping.  Ha.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 03:44:33 PM by Sarah Morgan »

• Liked: 537
Re: I'm not sure where to put this topic...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 04:44:25 PM »
I'm so sorry. That had to be one of the worst things to hear.

If you do want to change those things, click on your name in the upper right. Then click your photo, and then on the left above your photo choose modify profile. :)
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 957
Re: I'm not sure where to put this topic...
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 11:02:05 PM »
I've been a part of this forum for nearly 4 years.  My partner and I were together for over 5 years and married a little over three.  We had gone through so many setbacks with his job situation, that it led us to not being able to apply for a spousal visa until this month.  Only we didn't because he decided last Thursday that it was best if we split. 

So here I am, completely broken, ready to apply for the visa.  The amount of hurt I feel that he waited until the last hour to do this is staggering.  It's like he couldn't be arsed to go through with it.  We didn't have a fight, I supposedly didn't do anything wrong, etc. 

Has anyone else gone through this right before you're set to apply? I don't even know how to go about the divorce.  Right now the thought of it makes me want to vomit. 

Sarah

PS: The site will not let me change my picture or signature which is really not helping.  Ha.
I'm so sorry this has happened. Do you think if you were to spend time together you may be able to talk through it? 3 years of marriage is a long time. I somewhat wonder if fear or financial anxiety have gotten in the way, but obviously don't have much insight into the true reasons. (We didn't apply as soon as we would have liked for a variety of reasons and being apart + the stress of the application and everything that needed to be gathered was significant.)

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab