Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: mascara out of boxes and eggs out of the fridge!  (Read 6998 times)

• Liked: 537
Re: mascara out of boxes and eggs out of the fridge!
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
I'd like to change to proper butter on the counter like they do in France.  We are Lurpack in the fridge and it's not nearly as nice.

The spreadable? Cause they do normal butter too. Haha.

I prefer anchor spreadable, has a nicer flavour. Husband likes it for toast. I use real butter for cooking. We always have both. Haha
The usual. American girl meets British guy. They fall into like, then into love. Then there was the big decision. The American traveled across the pond to join the Brit. And life was never the same again.

• Liked: 59
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2018, 05:44:17 AM »
Raise your hand if you've filled an entire gas tank with the wrong one...

me
I haaaaave lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Decision: Approved (04/11/2018)

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2018, 05:47:11 AM »
Also we totally keep our butter here on the counter at my family’s in the US

• Liked: 533
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:12 AM »
The tuna sandwich I had the other day had marg on it.
I just hope that more people will ignore the fatalism of the argument that we are beyond repair. We are not beyond repair. We are never beyond repair. - AOC

• Liked: 1260
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2018, 09:42:49 AM »
I haaaaave lol

What actually happened when you did this? haha
My, how time flies....

* Married in the US and applied for first spousal visa August 2013
* Moved to the UK on said visa October 2013
* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.
* Citizenship applied for May  2019
* Citizenship approved on July 4th 2019
* Ceremony conducted on August 28th 2019

'Mommy, Wow! I'm a legit Brit now!'

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2018, 09:49:23 AM »

It's an expensive fix.  If you ever do it, if you haven't turned the engine on yet, you are in luck.  If you HAVE turned the engine on....   ::)

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »
It's an expensive fix.  If you ever do it, if you haven't turned the engine on yet, you are in luck.  If you HAVE turned the engine on....   ::)

I check to like OCD levels. Even though I know my car is diesel I still double check I'm grabbing the right hose. 
My, how time flies....

* FLR(M) applied for  May 2016. Biometrics requested June 2016. Approval given July 2016.
* ILR applied for January 2019 (using priority processing). Approved February 2019.

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2018, 10:16:12 AM »
I check to like OCD levels. Even though I know my car is diesel I still double check I'm grabbing the right hose.

I am the same.  Not joking - I put the diesel pump in the tank, check that the handle says diesel and that the fuel cap that sits in it's little cradle says diesel.  Only when I *know* I've seen them match do I pull the pump to start.  But I've made too many silly mistakes in my life to not take this one seriously!

It was so much easier when I had a petrol engine and the diesel nozzle wouldn't fit!

• Also known as PB&J ;-)
  • Liked: 844
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2018, 11:17:55 AM »
I'd totally love to keep real butter on the counter. Except, I can't use real butter in cooking since hubby can't eat dairy and I don't eat enough toast on my own. It goes rank before I can go through it.  Sigh.
I've never gotten food on my underpants!
Work permit (2007) to British Citizen (2014)
You're stuck with me!

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2018, 11:33:26 AM »
I am the same.  Not joking - I put the diesel pump in the tank, check that the handle says diesel and that the fuel cap that sits in it's little cradle says diesel.  Only when I *know* I've seen them match do I pull the pump to start.  But I've made too many silly mistakes in my life to not take this one seriously!

It was so much easier when I had a petrol engine and the diesel nozzle wouldn't fit!

I always obsessively check everything. When we go away on holiday I literally need to make sure I see my passport at least 3 times throughout the process (until we're on the plane and then again when we de-plane). I drive my husband up a wall!
My, how time flies....

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2018, 12:55:55 PM »
I made it three miles down the road and will never ever make that mistake again lol

• Liked: 1327
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2018, 01:29:16 PM »
The tuna sandwich I had the other day had marg on it.

My husband thinks sandwich bread should be buttered... I think it's to stop it going soggy?  My father (who grew up in a small town in Minnesota where virtually everybody was from the same Scandinavian country) also did this.  My dad's family would do these little sandwiches on a soft bread roll with butter, thin-sliced ham, and sliced cheese (I'm not sure what kind... maybe havarti).  I remember the sandwiches being really tasty, even though my mother (who either hates good food or is just too lazy to make it) said the butter was gross and didn't belong on them.  She also thinks sour cream is gross, so I know she can be wrong.  Sour cream makes the world go 'round, and I'm sad that the UK doesn't have the same thing.  Gawd, I miss proper sour cream.

I have never put the wrong fuel into a tank.  But I only ever drove petrol cars in the US, and I haven't put fuel into any cars here in the UK.  The time may come.
9/1/2013 - "fiancée" (marriage) visa issued
4/6/2013 - married (certificate issued same-day)
5/6/2013 - FLR(M)#1 in person -- approved!
8/1/2016 - FLR(M)#2 by post -- approved!
8/5/2018 - ILR in person -- approved!
22/11/2018 - Citizenship (online, with NDRS+JCAP) -- approved!
14/12/2018 - I became a British citizen.  :)

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2018, 01:31:33 PM »
My husband thinks sandwich bread should be buttered... I think it's to stop it going soggy?  My father (who grew up in a small town in Minnesota where virtually everybody was from the same Scandinavian country) also did this.  My dad's family would do these little sandwiches on a soft bread roll with butter, thin-sliced ham, and sliced cheese (I'm not sure what kind... maybe havarti).  I remember the sandwiches being really tasty, even though my mother (who either hates good food or is just too lazy to make it) said the butter was gross and didn't belong on them.  She also thinks sour cream is gross, so I know she can be wrong.  Sour cream makes the world go 'round, and I'm sad that the UK doesn't have the same thing.  Gawd, I miss proper sour cream.

I have never put the wrong fuel into a tank.  But I only ever drove petrol cars in the US, and I haven't put fuel into any cars here in the UK.  The time may come.

My husband butters his bread but , from what he says, it's not exactly to stop it from going soggy. I believe he said it helps make other condiments spreadable. Not sure if there are multiple reasons. I personally am not a fan.
My, how time flies....

• Liked: 163
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2018, 02:14:37 PM »
My husband thinks sandwich bread should be buttered... I think it's to stop it going soggy? 
My husband butters his bread but , from what he says, it's not exactly to stop it from going soggy. I believe he said it helps make other condiments spreadable. Not sure if there are multiple reasons. I personally am not a fan.

And I thought it was to make the pieces of the sandwich stick to the bread and hold the whole thing together more securely.

Whatever the reason, I don't enjoy it, either.

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2018, 02:29:38 PM »
And I thought it was to make the pieces of the sandwich stick to the bread and hold the whole thing together more securely.

Whatever the reason, I don't enjoy it, either.

Yeah it's that also if my memory serves me correctly. I did ask him once!
My, how time flies....

Sponsored Links