Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9755 times)

• Liked: 6110
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2018, 02:00:48 PM »
What is the UK sponsorship form?  No-one mentioned this but I saw it on another spousal visa thread.  Do we need to complete the UK sponsorship form?

Also my fiancee/wife's parents are writing a letter outlining all of the accommodation requirements, and I have the Title Register from the Land Registry, do we need for them to provide their last original mortgage statement as well?

Yes, include the most recent mortgage statement.

Some people think they have to fill out the SU07 sponsorship undertaking form but this is just for adult dependant relative applications and the like. You don't need it!

• Liked: 3
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2018, 02:02:18 PM »

Some people think they have to fill out the SU07 sponsorship undertaking form but this is just for adult dependant relative applications and the like. You don't need it!

Does the most recent mortgage statement have to be within 28 days of the application or is that rule just apply for the financial documents?

« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2018, 02:04:29 PM »
Does the most recent mortgage statement have to be within 28 days of the application or is that rule just apply for the financial documents?

The 28 days is just for the financial documents.

« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2018, 02:08:32 PM »

Awesome, thank you for your help!

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2018, 02:09:11 PM »

Mortgage statements are usually only issued once a year anyway, so it would be unlikely for it to be dated within 28 days of applying... unless you happened to apply right near the issue date of the statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2018, 07:57:44 PM »
Mortgage statements are usually only issued once a year anyway, so it would be unlikely for it to be dated within 28 days of applying... unless you happened to apply right near the issue date of the statement.

Okay, I know I keep asking about the financial documents but I'm just concerned because her payslip's will be from 30 September 2017 to 31 March 2018, but she says the deposit will go into her account on 28 March 2018.  Is this an issue?  I'm just worried that they will reject it for being short a day or two.  Would they reject the application in this case?

« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2018, 08:02:43 PM »

Does it have to be the original or can it be a copy?  If a copy is okay does it need a letter from the bank or whoever saying it is real?

« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2018, 08:18:08 PM »
Does it have to be the original or can it be a copy?  If a copy is okay does it need a letter from the bank or whoever saying it is real?

It should be the original, though as it is not a required document, if you absolutely cannot get hold of the original a copy may be okay.

« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2018, 08:37:11 PM »

If her first payslip was dated 30 September 2017 and her most recent one will be dated 31 March 2018, but the money is actually deposited on 28 March 2018, is that still okay? 

Her bank statements will range from 1 September 2018 to 28 March 2018.  Bank holidays are not working in our favor and the definition of months is pretty confusing since they differ in total number of days.

« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2018, 04:00:05 PM »

Her parents are having trouble finding their most recent mortgage statement but managed to find the one from 2015.  I'll ask them to keep looking for the one for 2017 just in case, but if they can't find it is this okay?

Also, she just showed me her bank statements and she got them printed at the bank.  The bank printed them on letterhead (at least I think it is) and the bank employee stamped the first page with a stamp saying "I certify this to be a true copy of the original" signed and dated the statement and put down her bank staff number.  Does she need to get each page signed and dated still since it's not the original copy?

She was also wondering if she could highlight her pay deposit for each month since her statements show all of her transactions?

« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2018, 04:10:50 PM »
Her parents are having trouble finding their most recent mortgage statement but managed to find the one from 2015.  I'll ask them to keep looking for the one for 2017 just in case, but if they can't find it is this okay?

It's fine - you don't actually need to provide a mortgage statement from them at all, so if you can't find the 2017 one, I wouldn't bother including one at all.

It's not a required document, we just suggest sending it so you can show they are keeping up with their payments (meaning they are unlikely to default on the mortgage and lose the house).

Also, she just showed me her bank statements and she got them printed at the bank.  The bank printed them on letterhead (at least I think it is) and the bank employee stamped the first page with a stamp saying "I certify this to be a true copy of the original" signed and dated the statement and put down her bank staff number.  Does she need to get each page signed and dated still since it's not the original copy?

If they were printed by the bank themselves, and they show this (i.e. they are on letterhead paper or they state 'printed in branch on X date'), then they don't need to be stamped on every page.

She was also wondering if she could highlight her pay deposit for each month since her statements show all of her transactions?

No, she should leave them completely untouched - UKVI will know what they are looking for on the statements. If she starts highlighting things or blacking things out, that could be seen as tampering with original documents.

« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2018, 04:25:14 PM »
If they were printed by the bank themselves, and they show this (i.e. they are on letterhead paper or they state 'printed in branch on X date'), then they don't need to be stamped on every page.

This is tough for me to say.  They were printed by the bank themselves, and the Barclays name and logo is in the top left corner.  It's in black and white as they said they stopped doing color because it's too expensive.  I don't know if this is enough to be considered letterhead.

« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2018, 04:35:36 PM »
This is tough for me to say.  They were printed by the bank themselves, and the Barclays name and logo is in the top left corner.  It's in black and white as they said they stopped doing color because it's too expensive.  I don't know if this is enough to be considered letterhead.

Should be fine. There is no requirement that the statements need to be on letterhead anyway.

The requirements are that they are either:
- original statements printed by the bank
or
- online banking statements you have printed at home that are stamped on every page
or
- online banking statements you have printed at home that are accompanied by a letter of authenticity from the bank on headed stationery (this is the only mention of letterhead)

« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2018, 04:42:11 PM »

My branch printed statements actually say 'printed in branch' on them. If it doesn't have that, or something like it, I'd make sure they were stamped on every page just to be on the safe side. They don't need to be signed.

« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2018, 04:43:25 PM »
My branch printed statements actually say 'printed in branch' on them. If it doesn't have that, or something like it, I'd make sure they were stamped on every page just to be on the safe side. They don't need to be signed.

I'll ask my fiance to go back another day and just get them stamped on every page just to make sure we are on the safe side as well.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab