Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9759 times)

• Liked: 113
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2018, 06:23:38 PM »
Same here. My husband’s bank statement looked exactly like the one you can print online yourself, but it had that notation “This statement was printed in Branch” with the date & time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2018, 06:27:17 PM »
Same here. My husband’s bank statement looked exactly like the one you can print online yourself, but it had that notation “This statement was printed in Branch” with the date & time.

I got mine stamped too! Belt and braces!  ;D

• Liked: 113
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2018, 06:29:58 PM »
I got mine stamped too! Belt and braces!  ;D

To be honest i had my husband ask them to stamp every page too for good measure! Like in your face UKVI, you can’t say I didn’t follow the directions now

#1 NON-PRIORITY UNMARRIED PARTNER
Living together since Nov 2014, son born on Mar 2016
Decision: Refusal (70 BD)
#2 PRIORITY SPOUSE
Online Application: 18 Mar 2018
Decision Made Email: 03 May 2018
Received Passport: 07 May 2018 (APPROVED)
Entered UK: 10 May 2018
#3 NON-PRIORITY FLR(M)
Online Application: 6 Jan 2021
UKVCAS Biometric Appointment: 2 Feb 2021
Decision Made Email: 22 Mar 2021 (APPROVED)

• Liked: 3
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2018, 06:43:40 PM »
My branch printed statements actually say 'printed in branch' on them. If it doesn't have that, or something like it, I'd make sure they were stamped on every page just to be on the safe side. They don't need to be signed.

She just got her certified copy of the passport photo page today from the post office.  They actually gave her 3 certified copies for £10.50, which I thought was good in case we needed more. 

We were wondering if she is unable to get every page of her bank statements stamped at her bank, if she could get them stamped/signed as an official copy by the post office?  She said the post office is able to do this, is this true?

• Liked: 6110
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2018, 06:45:54 PM »
She just got her certified copy of the passport photo page today from the post office.  They actually gave her 3 certified copies for £10.50, which I thought was good in case we needed more. 

We were wondering if she is unable to get every page of her bank statements stamped at her bank, if she could get them stamped/signed as an official copy by the post office?  She said the post office is able to do this, is this true?

The visa requirements are that the statement are stamped by the bank.

« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2018, 06:47:10 PM »
The visa requirements are that the statement are stamped by the bank.

Okay I'll let her know this

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »

No, that wouldn’t work.

The requirements are that if the statements are stamped, they must bear the stamp of the BANK on each page.

From Appendix FM-SE:

Bank statements must:

v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2018, 08:21:34 PM »
No, that wouldn’t work.

The requirements are that if the statements are stamped, they must bear the stamp of the BANK on each page.

From Appendix FM-SE:

Bank statements must:

v) be:
(1) on official bank stationery; or
(2) electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

I'm sorry, I just need to re-read the Appendix FM-SE again.  If I have any questions or need clarification after giving it another read through I will be sure to ask.

Fiancee is flying over by the end of the week and we are going to get married next weekend! Making sure she gets everything together before she flies over this week and it's nerve-wracking.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2018, 08:42:41 PM »
I'm sorry, I just need to re-read the Appendix FM-SE again.  If I have any questions or need clarification after giving it another read through I will be sure to ask.

Fiancee is flying over by the end of the week and we are going to get married next weekend! Making sure she gets everything together before she flies over this week and it's nerve-wracking.
I think a good way to look at it would be this way. Only the issuing agency can certify that a non original document is legitimate.

The post office is only certifying that the copy they made is a genuine copy. They aren't actually certifying that the passport is legitimate. Just that it is an unaltered copy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2018, 07:27:40 PM »

On the visa application (visa4uk) where it asks where my spouse currently is, if she is visiting in the US right now (just so we could get married) do we put the US since that is where she will be at the time that we submit the application?  Or should I put where she currently resides in England (where she will be returning to on Thursday)?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2018, 07:32:50 PM »
On the visa application (visa4uk) where it asks where my spouse currently is, if she is visiting in the US right now (just so we could get married) do we put the US since that is where she will be at the time that we submit the application?  Or should I put where she currently resides in England (where she will be returning to on Thursday)?

Put wherever she will be on the date you press “submit”.    :)

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2018, 07:40:51 PM »
Put wherever she will be on the date you press “submit”.    :)

Got it thank you.  Just got married yesterday so we're getting it all together now!

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2018, 07:55:36 PM »
Got it thank you.  Just got married yesterday so we're getting it all together now!

Woohhooo!  Congratulations!

« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2018, 05:49:23 PM »
Woohhooo!  Congratulations!

Thank you very much!

I have another question, on the VAF4A, (1.19) if I have stayed with my now wife at the same place since we got married on 7 April 2018, do I just put that we have, the address of where we were staying, and the dates we have stayed there?  Would it be an issue if it isn't the address I normally live in America?  We have been staying at a close family friends.

• Liked: 3595
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2018, 06:09:44 PM »
I have another question, on the VAF4A, (1.19) if I have stayed with my now wife at the same place since we got married on 7 April 2018, do I just put that we have, the address of where we were staying, and the dates we have stayed there?  Would it be an issue if it isn't the address I normally live in America?  We have been staying at a close family friends.

Is this on Appendix 2?

If so, the question is asking if you have 'lived together in a relationship akin to marriage' at any time. This is not 'staying' together, this legally living together in the same country. And it's really only aimed at people applying for the Unmarried Partner visa, where they are not married but they have to show they have legally lived together for 24 consecutive months before applying.

So, if you have only been temporarily staying together at someone else's house, this is not living together, and so your answer to 1.19 is NO.

If you say yes, you need to be able to back it up with evidence that you both lived at the same property, by way of tenancy agreements, utility bills in both names, bank accounts at the same address etc.

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab