Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9754 times)

• Liked: 4985
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #225 on: May 24, 2018, 06:15:07 PM »
Waahooo!

• Liked: 768
« Reply #226 on: May 24, 2018, 06:16:59 PM »
Yeah! I'm so pleased for you! I knew these peeps could help you out.
WE GOT THE VISA!!!  Thank you guys so much, every single person who offered advice and direction on this process.  I've thanked God in prayer so many times for you guys throughout this process and right after I told my wife we got it! 

Where exactly do I go from here?  I think it says the entry clearance date is on 27/05/18, so does this mean I am allowed to come on this day?  What do I do when I get to the UK?  I know I have to go to the post office but is there anything I do at the airport when I fly in?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Liked: 3
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2018, 10:02:31 AM »
Yeah! I'm so pleased for you! I knew these peeps could help you out.
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thank you for directing me here!  I've moved over and picked up my BRP!  Currently updating my CV and looking for jobs.  If anyone has any tips or any jobs in Hertfordshire (Watford, 15-20 mile radius, and London) that they know of please fill me in.

« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »
Thank you for directing me here!  I've moved over and picked up my BRP!  Currently updating my CV and looking for jobs.  If anyone has any tips or any jobs in Hertfordshire (Watford, 15-20 mile radius, and London) that they know of please fill me in.

Congrats.  I will warn you that a 15-20 mile radius in the UK will easily turn into a 90 minute to 2 hour commute each way.   ;D

« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2018, 10:23:38 AM »
Congrats.  I will warn you that a 15-20 mile radius in the UK will easily turn into a 90 minute to 2 hour commute each way.   ;D

I know it can get crazy, but if it's something like London I'll likely take the train in.  I graduated from university studying biology, have several years work experience in soil science and engineering (US based), strong maths and analytical mind, and have a lot of good qualities that would be valuable to a company (very strong work ethic, easily teachable, can work in a variety of settings/sectors, etc.) but I have no clue where to begin.

I've been shocked by the difference in salary but I have come to terms with that (mostly) and just want to get a job.  I'm not limiting my search to environmental biology or soil science, and am open to anything really.  Any help?

« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2018, 10:33:13 AM »
I know it can get crazy, but if it's something like London I'll likely take the train in.  I graduated from university studying biology, have several years work experience in soil science and engineering (US based), strong maths and analytical mind, and have a lot of good qualities that would be valuable to a company (very strong work ethic, easily teachable, can work in a variety of settings/sectors, etc.) but I have no clue where to begin.

I've been shocked by the difference in salary but I have come to terms with that (mostly) and just want to get a job.  I'm not limiting my search to environmental biology or soil science, and am open to anything really.  Any help?

Get your resume into a CV format and register with every recruiter you can.  Also get on Linkedin and other CV websites.  Apply for anything and everything.  And be patient. 

In the meantime, consider some volunteer work to get "UK experience" to put on your CV.

« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2018, 10:34:51 AM »
Get your resume into a CV format and register with every recruiter you can.  Also get on Linkedin and other CV websites.  Apply for anything and everything.  And be patient. 

In the meantime, consider some volunteer work to get "UK experience" to put on your CV.

I've already got it in CV format, I guess I need to get my NI number as quickly as possible too.  I'll be in contact with several recruiting agencies throughout the week then.  Thank you.

Sponsored Links