Hello

Sponsored Links

Topic: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)  (Read 9757 times)

• Liked: 3595
Re: Need Help with Fiance Visa Process (US Male, UK Female Citizen)
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2018, 07:56:09 PM »
What exactly is the type of visa I am applying for?

Is it settlement, settlement, husband?

Yes, that's correct :).

For the fiance visa it would have been Settlement, Settlement, Marriage

For the spousal visa, it's Settlement, Settlement, Husband or Wife

For my US Passport, there isn't a "Place of Issue" which is required for my spousal application.  Do I simply put "United States" for place of issue?

On the same issue: For "Issuing Authority" my passport says "United States Department of State" but I can't put that, the maximum it allows me to enter would be "Department of State" is this okay?

I think most people just put United States for both Place of Issue and Issuing Authority.

• Liked: 3
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2018, 07:58:35 PM »
Yes, that's correct :).

I think most people just put United States for both Place of Issue and Issuing Authority.

Okay, and when it asks how long I intend to stay in the UK, is "Permanently" an acceptable answer? Or are they asking for the during of the spousal visa?

• Liked: 4985
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2018, 08:06:11 PM »
Okay, and when it asks how long I intend to stay in the UK, is "Permanently" an acceptable answer? Or are they asking for the during of the spousal visa?

Yup.  Permanently, indefinitely, five years, anything works!

« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2018, 08:12:51 PM »

Yep - exactly as KFDancer said :).

The online application is just a generic form, which is pretty much the same for all visa types... therefore that question doesn't really apply to a spousal visa, since you are moving permanently, but for a visitor visa, it's important that they show they will not stay for more than 6 months.

That's why you must complete VAF4a Appendix 2 as well, because it is the second half of the application form and contains all the questions about how you meet the requirements for a spousal visa specifically.

« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2018, 08:25:37 PM »
Yup.  Permanently, indefinitely, five years, anything works!

I chose the "Apply for Myself/Yourself" option of the spousal visa, however, it is asking how much I make monthly?  Shouldn't it be asking how much my fiancee/soon to be wife is making monthly?

I feel like the Employment section should be for her, not me.  Do I need to start over again but choose the "Apply for Somone Else" option for it to have her Employment/Financial information?

• Liked: 768
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2018, 08:41:16 PM »
I chose the "Apply for Myself/Yourself" option of the spousal visa, however, it is asking how much I make monthly?  Shouldn't it be asking how much my fiancee/soon to be wife is making monthly?

I feel like the Employment section should be for her, not me.  Do I need to start over again but choose the "Apply for Somone Else" option for it to have her Employment/Financial information?
Appendix 2 will address your sponsors income. As stated above, it is a generic form for all visa types so it is asking about your employment but it won't be considered for the application/financial requirements.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2018, 08:49:46 PM »
Appendix 2 will address your sponsors income. As stated above, it is a generic form for all visa types so it is asking about your employment but it won't be considered for the application/financial requirements.

For some reason I didn't see ksand24's reply to my post on that question, I only saw KFdancer's.  Thank you guys, nearly done filling out the application.

Probably one of my last questions:
It asks how long my sponsor has been in the UK, I just put down the day she was born (DD - MMM - YYYY) is this okay? Guess it's just another part of that generic form.

• Liked: 768
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2018, 08:51:39 PM »
For some reason I didn't see ksand24's reply to my post on that question, I only saw KFdancer's.  Thank you guys, nearly done filling out the application.

Probably one of my last questions:
It asks how long my sponsor has been in the UK, I just put down the day she was born (DD - MMM - YYYY) is this okay? Guess it's just another part of that generic form.
Yes. Her date of birth is fine.

Appendix 2 is where it gets more complicated. Lol

« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2018, 08:52:00 PM »

As has been said, Appendix 2 is for her employment information (financial requirement category), plus your UK accommodation and your relationship history.

The online form is generic and only asks questions about you and your history. It asks for your employment information anyway, even though it can't be considered for the visa... because for some visas, they require your employment information.

Also, when you get to the part about parents' details, it means YOUR parents not your sponsor's... it's just worded badly (the question is to make sure you don't already have claim to UK citizenship through your parents).

The Apply for Someone Else section is for situations where the person filling out the form is not applying for a visa, they are just completing the form on behalf of the visa applicant. For example, a parent completing it for their young child, or a lawyer completing it for a client.

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2018, 08:55:09 PM »
As has been said, Appendix 2 is for her employment information (financial requirement category), plus your UK accommodation and your relationship history.

The online form is generic and only asks questions about you and your history. It asks for your employment information anyway, even though it can't be considered for the visa... because for some visas, they require your employment information.

I understand, I didn't see your initial response about it being a generic form, my apologies!  I already started looking at VAF4A Appendix 2 and answering the questions, it hasn't been too bad yet.

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2018, 09:00:05 PM »
I understand, I didn't see your initial response about it being a generic form, my apologies!  I already started looking at VAF4A Appendix 2 and answering the questions, it hasn't been too bad yet.

No worries - I had already written my reply before I saw that you hadn't seen the initial response :P.

Honestly, I would concentrate on Appendix 2 first...that's the more important one, because you need to make sure you answer all the questions correctly and select the right financial requirement category.

While you can work on the online form whenever you like, it's generally the last thing you do, when you have everything else filled out and ready to go.

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2018, 09:03:38 PM »
Honestly, I would concentrate on Appendix 2 first...that's the more important one, because you need to make sure you answer all the questions correctly and select the right financial requirement category.

While you can work on the online form whenever you like, it's generally the last thing you do, when you have everything else filled out and ready to go.

I'm going to print it out tonight and start filling it all in. I already have a question concerning the Appendix though:

When it asks "do you intend to work in the UK?" am I allowed to answer "yes, after receiving permission to work in the UK (spousal visa) I intend to start immediately searching for employment and finding a job/establishing a career."

« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2018, 09:09:24 PM »
When it asks "do you intend to work in the UK?" am I allowed to answer "yes, after receiving permission to work in the UK (spousal visa) I intend to start immediately searching for employment and finding a job/establishing a career."

Yep :).

So, I would just answer as follows: 'Yes, when I am in the UK with permission to work, I intend to find a job in X field'

Edited because I read the question guidance and they do ask for more info than the answer I wrote gave :P.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:11:57 PM by ksand24 »

« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2018, 09:18:26 PM »
Yep :).

So, I would just answer as follows: 'Yes, when I am in the UK with permission to work, I intend to find a job in X field'

Edited because I read the question guidance and they do ask for more info than the answer I wrote gave :P.

Okay thank you

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
Correct - and you'll need to legally be married when you submit.

Couple of questions as we are trying to plan when my fiancee will fly over to the US for us to get married:

If she gets her payslip for the month of March on the 28th of this month, does the letter from her employer stating:
i) current employment and salary
ii) length of employment
iii) length of time earning current salary
iv) type of employment

does the letter from her employer have to be dated on the 28th or later since this is when she will have received her most recent payslip?  Could the letter from her employer be written before she receives the most recent payslip (like a week or two before she gets her most recent payslip, she would have 7 months pay at that time and due to Feb being short we needed to wait until the March pay)?

Also, does her bank statement have to be for the entire month of March (1st - 31st) or does it just have to cover up to when her payslip was deposited (likely 28 March)?

Sponsored Links

coloured_drab